|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the note found in Fletcher's care package say?
(a) Jim Bailey would arrive in Bass Camp when Fletcher was due to arrive.
(b) Fletcher's wife loved him.
(c) There would be no more care packages.
(d) Fletcher would need to remain in Bass Camp one week to wait for supplies.
2. Who does Fletcher credit with making the first trip through the Grand Canyon?
(a) Hernando DeSoto.
(b) John Wesley Powell.
(c) Lewis and Clark.
(d) Lorenzo Sinyala.
3. At the beginning of "Chapter 8, Life" what did Fletcher say he should have known "would drag me back into the present?"
(a) The Great Unconformity.
(b) Seeing a little boy playing in the dirt.
(c) Phantom Ranch.
(d) Becoming ill.
4. At the beginning of "Chapter 10, Exit," what does Fletcher say caught up with him while he was washing in the Nankoweap Creek?
(b) A bear.
(c) A swarm of bees.
(d) The world.
5. In "Part 4, Epilogue" what does Fletcher say no man has a right to do?
(a) Build dams.
(b) Vandalize a natural museum.
(c) Stop the progress of other men.
(d) Build cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did William Wallace Bass live in the Canyon?
2. How does Fletcher describe the Grand Canyon?
3. What action by William Wallace Bass did Fletcher disagree with?
4. What other changes was Fletcher concerned would occur if the Pacific Southwest Water Plan passed.
5. Why does Fletcher say it might have been good that he didn't start his journey right after he decided to take it?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)