|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fletcher say he realized he might be doing when he hiked through the Grand Canyon?
(a) He would be making his last hiking trip.
(b) He would be following in the footsteps of hundreds of great hikers.
(c) He would come as close to traveling back through time as possible.
(d) He would be fulfilling a dream from his early childhood.
2. Why was the place where Fletcher arrived in "Chapter 4, Challenge" such a relief to his spirit?
(a) It was a wide open area, a relief from the closed spaces of the side canyons.
(b) He found a better shelter for the night.
(c) He found fresh water there.
(d) His arrival meant he was almost done with his trip.
3. What did Fletcher find difficult, if not impossible, to mentally grasp and understand in "Chapter 1, Entrance?"
(a) The Supai customs.
(b) The immenseness of his surroundings and the age of the Grand Canyon.
(c) The number of animals in the area.
(d) His responsibility to the wildlife of the area.
4. What animal does Fletcher say lived in significant numbers in the area past the head of Forester Canyon?
(c) Road Runners.
(d) Wild burros.
5. What was Fletcher reminded of while listening to noises some creatures were making?
(a) Similar noises he heard while on a thousand mile trip through deserts and mountains in California.
(b) His family back home.
(c) A ghost story he liked to tell.
(d) A favorite song that makes him long for home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were two things Fletcher mentions could have made parts of his path impassable?
2. Why does Fletcher say William Wallace Bass opened a tourists' ranch?
3. What does Fletcher say he knew as soon as he saw the Grand Canyon?
4. Where was Lorenzo Sinyala born?
5. Approximately how thick is the first layer of the Grand Canyon?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)