|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lifestyle does Fletcher describe in a footnote in "Part 2, The Dream?"
(a) A compulsive walker.
(b) A compulsive gambler.
(c) A famous millionaire.
(d) An accomplished musician.
2. What was the 2nd intrusion from the outside world that Fletcher describes in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) The sound of a baby crying.
(b) A domesticated dog.
(c) The sound of an engineering rig motor.
(d) Lights from a distant cabin.
3. What disease did Fletcher say plagued William Wallace Bass?
4. How did Fletcher feel about the meeting he attended in "Part 4, Epiogue?"
(a) He was hopeful.
(b) He was horrified.
(c) He was excited.
(d) He was uplifted.
5. In "Chapter 4, Challenge," Fletcher describes the Esplanade as a maze. What constant choice does he say a traveler had to make all along the Esplanade?
(a) Whether to go across the rock terraces or across the talus.
(b) How long to stay in the area.
(c) Whether to go straight across the river or travel downstream to a narrower spot.
(d) Whether to follow the wildlife trail or forge his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Fletcher say the US Bureau of Reclamation was handling the tunnel plan?
2. What did Fletcher claim he began to hear as he traveled?
3. How does Fletcher describe the Grand Canyon?
4. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
5. Where did Fletcher's journey begin?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)