|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cheerful tribal tourist manager did Fletcher meet in "Chapter 3, Interlude?"
(a) Lorenzo Sinyala.
(b) Colin Fletcher.
(c) Neil Ukwalla.
(d) John Wesley Powell.
2. What does the book say geologists believe formed the Grand Canyon?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A volcanic eruption.
(d) A large sea that evaporated after a 200 year drought.
3. What information was not sought by Fletcher before beginning his trip?
(a) Information about the possibility of attacks by wild boar.
(b) Information about weather.
(c) Information about trails.
(d) Information about the existence of water sources.
4. What part of nature is not described in "Part 2, The Dream?"
(a) The immenseness and timelessness of the Rim.
(b) Various rocks.
(c) The peace of the ocean.
(d) The beauty of the Grand Canyon.
5. Part 1 is called "The Place." What is the place?
(a) The Painted Desert.
(b) The Grand Canyon.
(c) Forester Canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the area directly above the seventh layer of the Grand Canyon called?
2. What is the current age estimate of the eighth layer of the Grand Canyon.
3. Why did Fletcher rule out following a route along the Colorado River?
4. What does Fletcher say was a sacrilege when it interrupted the silence of the Grand Canyon?
5. Who drove Fletcher to the parking area at the edge of the Rim?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)