|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease did Fletcher say plagued William Wallace Bass?
2. Approximately how thick is the third layer of the Grand Canyon?
(a) 1000 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 200 feet.
(d) 750 feet.
3. What advice did Lorenzo Sinyala offer to Fletcher?
(a) Sound advice about escaping a bear attack.
(b) Sound advice about marriage.
(c) Sound advice about walking long distances.
(d) Sound advice regarding the downward trail and the Supai village.
4. Who does Fletcher credit with making the first trip through the Grand Canyon?
(a) Lewis and Clark.
(b) Hernando DeSoto.
(c) Lorenzo Sinyala.
(d) John Wesley Powell.
5. How long did Dr. Harvey Butchart study the Grand Canyon?
(a) He never studied it.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 25 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what did Fletcher begin to worry in "Chapter 3, Interlude?"
2. At the beginning of "Chapter 6, Rock" what was one of the things Fletcher noticed and described that was in the cave where his first cache was stored?
3. What type of graphic is found at the beginning of "Part 3, The Journey?"
4. How many layers of the Grand Canyon are shown in the schematic in "Part 3, The Journey?"
5. How many layers are included in the Rim?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)