|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on the sheets of paper Fletcher found in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) A note from Doug Powell.
(b) A daily bulletin from 1947 about a Colorado River expedition.
(c) Instructions from Jim Bailey.
(d) Instructions for exiting the Grand Canyon safely.
2. How many layers of the Grand Canyon are shown in the schematic in "Part 3, The Journey?"
3. How many feet above the Colorado River was the Tonto Platform?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 100 feet.
(d) 1000 feet.
4. What does the book say geologists believe formed the Grand Canyon?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) The Colorado River.
(c) A large sea that evaporated after a 200 year drought.
(d) A volcanic eruption.
5. What did geologists say disrupted the Colorado River's flow and lead to the formation of the Grand Canyon?
(a) An upheaval of earth.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A comet.
(d) A land slide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Fletcher rule out following a route along the Colorado River?
2. If he were to realize his dream, what would Fletcher accomplish?
3. How did Fletcher feel about the Grand Canyon during his time at Phantom Ranch?
4. What did Jim Bailey and the Park naturalist carry with them back over the Rim after speaking with Fletcher in the limestone cave?
5. What part of nature is not described in "Part 2, The Dream?"
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)