|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how thick is the third layer of the Grand Canyon?
(a) 200 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 1000 feet.
(d) 750 feet.
2. What places were presumably named for a member of Lorenzo Sinyala's family?
(a) Sinyala Trail and Sinyala Plateau.
(b) Mount Sinyala and Sinyala Canyon.
(c) Lorenzo Lake and Sinyala Creek.
(d) Lorenzo Trail and Sinyala Ravine.
3. About how long did Fletcher stay at the Grand Canyon Village?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
4. What was on the sheets of paper Fletcher found in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) Instructions from Jim Bailey.
(b) A daily bulletin from 1947 about a Colorado River expedition.
(c) A note from Doug Powell.
(d) Instructions for exiting the Grand Canyon safely.
5. How many years did William Wallace Bass live in the Canyon?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fletcher describe the Grand Canyon?
2. What is the name of the government agency established to protect the rights of Native Americans?
3. Why did Fletcher stay at the Grand Canyon Village for a while just before beginning his trip?
4. Why was the place where Fletcher arrived in "Chapter 4, Challenge" such a relief to his spirit?
5. What were some of the plans for his trip that Fletcher details in "Part 2, The Dream?"
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)