|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Fletcher approached Phantom Ranch, what did he begin to notice?
(a) Many new species of cacti.
(b) His shoes had holes in them.
(c) Signs of man.
(d) There were many coyotes howling in the distance.
2. What advice did Lorenzo Sinyala offer to Fletcher?
(a) Sound advice regarding the downward trail and the Supai village.
(b) Sound advice about walking long distances.
(c) Sound advice about escaping a bear attack.
(d) Sound advice about marriage.
3. What did the Fletcher have to change in "Chapter 2, Reconnaissance?"
(a) His mode of transportation from hiking to riding a mule.
(b) His eating habits to that of a vegetarian.
(c) His mindset from working every day to living more simply.
(d) His expectations for a walking partner.
4. How many feet above the Colorado River was the Tonto Platform?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 100 feet.
(d) 1000 feet.
5. When did Fletcher's dream become a reality?
(a) Late February.
(b) Early December.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what specific skill did Fletcher compliment William Wallace Bass?
2. What is the current age estimate of the eighth layer of the Grand Canyon.
3. What did Fletcher say he saw even before he came close to the Grand Canyon?
4. What types of activities did Fletcher describe in "Chapter 7, Rhythm?"
5. What is the current age estimate of the second layer of the Grand Canyon?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)