Parts 1 and 2
1. Who is the "The Man" in The Man Who Walked Through Time?
(a) William Wallace Bass.
(b) Colin Fletcher.
(c) John Wesley Powell.
(d) Lorenzo Sinyala.
2. Part 1 is called "The Place." What is the place?
(a) The Grand Canyon.
(c) Forester Canyon.
(d) The Painted Desert.
3. How does "Part 1, The Place" begin?
(a) With information on traveling through Arizona.
(b) With facts about the Grand Canyon.
(c) With advice on hiking.
(d) With facts about tourist destinations in the United States.
4. How does Fletcher describe the Grand Canyon?
(a) "A chasm . . . like a gigantic and impossible desert crevasse."
(b) "An upside-down mountain wonder."
(c) "Huge stacks of multicolored rock."
(d) "A gigantic hole in the desert plateau."
5. The Grand Canyon is found in the northern part of what state?
(a) New Mexico.
6. What does the book say geologists believe formed the Grand Canyon?
(a) A volcanic eruption.
(b) The Colorado River.
(c) A large sea that evaporated after a 200 year drought.
(d) An earthquake.
This section contains 6,243 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)