Parts 1 and 2
1. Who is the "The Man" in The Man Who Walked Through Time?
(a) Lorenzo Sinyala.
(b) William Wallace Bass.
(c) Colin Fletcher.
(d) John Wesley Powell.
2. Part 1 is called "The Place." What is the place?
(b) The Painted Desert.
(c) The Grand Canyon.
(d) Forester Canyon.
3. How does "Part 1, The Place" begin?
(a) With facts about tourist destinations in the United States.
(b) With advice on hiking.
(c) With facts about the Grand Canyon.
(d) With information on traveling through Arizona.
4. How does Fletcher describe the Grand Canyon?
(a) "An upside-down mountain wonder."
(b) "A chasm . . . like a gigantic and impossible desert crevasse."
(c) "Huge stacks of multicolored rock."
(d) "A gigantic hole in the desert plateau."
5. The Grand Canyon is found in the northern part of what state?
(b) New Mexico.
6. What does the book say geologists believe formed the Grand Canyon?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A large sea that evaporated after a 200 year drought.
(d) A volcanic eruption.
This section contains 6,243 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)