Parts 1 and 2
• In "Part 1, The Place," Colin Fletcher tells the reader facts about the Grand Canyon.
• Geologists believed the Canyon was formed over millions of years by the Colorado River.
• Fletcher points out how slow the process was that formed the Canyon.
• The Canyon is still changing today.
• In "Part 2, The Dream," Fletcher describes how he planed for the trip through the Canyon.
• Fletcher decided to travel the Grand Canyon after visiting it for the first time.
• During his first trip to the Rim, Fletcher was shocked by the timelessness and immenseness of the Canyon.
• Fletcher described some of the rocks and beauty of the Canyon.
• Fletcher says the idea to travel through the Canyon came all at once.
• Fletcher says he had no serious doubts once the idea came to him.
• Fletcher tells the reader he is a compulsive walker.
• Fletcher describes a compulsive walker as someone...
This section contains 1,549 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)