Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Sam after Henny gives birth?
2. Why does Sam say he can't let Louie go?
3. Henny threatens Sam with _________.
4. Louie says Spa House is filled with __________________.
5. What does Josephine Pollit carry on about?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Louie's character reveals aspects of other characters, in their meanness or friendliness to her. How does Louie's murdering Henny change how characters see her?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of religion and morality in 'The Man Who Loved Children'? Is the religion organized, or is it just implicit in Sam and Henny's codes of conduct?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of 'The Man Who Loved Children'. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)