|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louie's reaction when Sam reads her poetry?
2. How do things change in the house after Sam returns home?
3. How long does Henny stay away from Spa House?
4. What happens to Bonnie's baby?
5. What is Henny's response when Sam confronts her?
Essay Topic 1
To what extent is Louie's tale every woman's tale? To what extent is it uniquely Louie's own story? How can we extrapolate from this story to discuss the experiences of girls and women in general?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of 'The Man Who Loved Children'. Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)