|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louie's reaction when Sam reads her poetry?
2. What does Sam propose to Bonnie?
3. What do Louie's siblings taunt her about?
4. What do Sam and Henny discover when David Collyer's will is read?
5. Sam tells Bonnie _________________.
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Louie's character reveals aspects of other characters, in their meanness or friendliness to her. How does Louie's murdering Henny change how characters see her?
Essay Topic 3
'The Man Who Loved Children' is in many ways a coming-of-age story about an artist. How does Stead use the coming-of-age story for her purposes, and how does Louie's coming of age as a writer differ from other comings of age?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)