|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam propose to Bonnie?
(a) She should marry the baby's father.
(b) She should be institutionalized.
(c) She should move into Spa House.
(d) She should move away.
2. Bonnie keeps asking ______________.
(a) About the baby's father.
(b) To return home.
(c) To see a nurse.
(d) For her baby.
3. The boys think a marlin is a ___________.
(b) Shady deal.
4. What does Henny finally tell Jo after Jo's ranting?
(a) None of them are any better than cheats, liars or whores.
(b) Bonnie should be punished.
(c) Jo is no one to talk.
(d) Jo should be punished for spreading the news of Bonnie's misfortune.
5. What news comes at the end of the celebration at Tohoga House?
(a) David Collyer is dead.
(b) Archie Lessinum is dead.
(c) Louie is missing.
(d) Josephine Pollit is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny characterize Louie's teacher?
2. What is the state of Sam and Henny's relationship when Henny is making a gift for Cathleen?
3. What had Sam brought back from Malaysia in the crates?
4. What does Sam say about Ernie's character?
5. What does Louie put in Henny's tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Jo bring to the house?
2. How has the relationship between Sam and Henny changed by the time of Cathleen's eighteenth birthday?
3. How do the Pollits end up in Spa House?
4. What does Sam do on account of Jo's news?
5. What happens after Sam gets the anonymous letter?
6. What happens when Sam reads Louie's poetry?
7. What does the anonymous letter Sam receives say?
8. What does Henny say about the news Jo brings?
9. How does Sam react when Louie tells him that she killed Henny?
10. How does Sam react to the birth of a new baby?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)