|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny snap at when she is in a foul mood?
(a) Miss Aiden for taking care of Louie.
(b) Tommy for mouthing off.
(c) Sam for his infidelities.
(d) Louie for being dirty.
2. What do Louie's siblings taunt her about?
(a) Being dumb.
(b) Thinking she's superior.
(c) Being in love with a boy.
(d) Being in love with her teacher.
3. What happens to Sam in mid-summer?
(a) He is suspended.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is assigned to a post in Malaysia.
4. What does Henny say she wishes the children would do?
(a) Chip in on chores.
(b) Take care of themselves.
(d) Finish their homework.
5. How do things change in the house after Sam returns home?
(a) Sam spends a lot of time writing letters.
(b) Henny moves out.
(c) Everything in the house gets a new Malay name.
(d) Sam moves in all of his Eastern furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny react to the news about her father's will?
2. The boys think a marlin is a ___________.
3. What does Henny take from Ernie?
4. What worries Henny after David Collyer's funeral?
5. Sam pays for ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Jo bring to the house?
2. Describe Saul Pilgrim's visit in June.
3. What is uncommon about Cathleen's eighteenth birthday?
4. How is Henny replaced?
5. Describe Henny's stay at Hassie's house.
6. Describe Louie's experience in a new school.
7. How do the Pollits end up in Spa House?
8. What does Sam do on account of Jo's news?
9. What leads up to Henny's death?
10. What does Henny say about the news Jo brings?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)