|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saul Pilgrim talk about when he comes to visit?
2. What is Louie's reaction when Sam reads her poetry?
(a) She is glad to set a good example for her siblings.
(b) She is glad that her work is finally being heard.
(c) She is furious for the invasion of privacy.
(d) She is irritated, but not bothered much.
3. What happens to Sam in mid-summer?
(a) He is promoted.
(b) He is suspended.
(c) He is assigned to a post in Malaysia.
(d) He is fired.
4. What is this conclusion of the book called?
(a) The falling action.
(b) The denouement.
(c) The rising action.
(d) The climax.
5. What does Louie tell her father she wants to do?
(a) Leave Spa House.
(b) Kill Henny.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sam say he can't let Louie go?
2. What had Sam brought back from Malaysia in the crates?
3. According to the narrator, Saul Pilgrim is the only person who will ______________.
4. What does the Pollit family begin to prepare for after the homecoming celebration?
5. What do Sam and Henny discover when David Collyer's will is read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Sam gets the anonymous letter?
2. How has the relationship between Sam and Henny changed by the time of Cathleen's eighteenth birthday?
3. Describe the reading of David Collyer's will.
4. Describe Louie's experience in a new school.
5. How does Henny die?
6. What leads up to Henny's death?
7. How does the new baby strain the Pollit household?
8. How does Sam react to the birth of a new baby?
9. Describe Henny's stay at Hassie's house.
10. How is Henny replaced?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)