|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jo's main concern regarding Bonnie?
(a) She will need round-the-clock care.
(b) She will need money.
(c) She will do this again.
(d) She will have to live with her.
2. What does Henny snap at when she is in a foul mood?
(a) Sam for his infidelities.
(b) Louie for being dirty.
(c) Miss Aiden for taking care of Louie.
(d) Tommy for mouthing off.
3. What happens to Louie in her first days in high school?
(a) She sinks.
(b) She blossoms.
(c) She implodes.
(d) She fades.
4. What does Ernie admire in his secret money box?
(a) Henny's foreign coins.
(b) His savings.
(c) His collection of lead.
(d) A set of old keys.
5. What happens to Bonnie's baby?
(a) It dies.
(b) It is adopted.
(c) It is never found.
(d) It is located.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do things change in the house after Sam returns home?
2. What do the twins tell Sam about Ernie?
3. What does Sam think Louie's reaction will be if he reads her poetry?
4. How does Henny leave her argument with Bert Anderson?
5. What does Saul Pilgrim tell Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam do on account of Jo's news?
2. What does the anonymous letter Sam receives say?
3. Describe Henny's second visit to Bert Anderson.
4. Describe the opening of the crates from Sam's trip.
5. How has the relationship between Sam and Henny changed by the time of Cathleen's eighteenth birthday?
6. Describe Henny's stay at Hassie's house.
7. How does the topic of poetry figure in Sam's homecoming celebration?
8. How does Sam react when Louie tells him that she killed Henny?
9. How do things come to a head with Colonel Willets and Sam?
10. Describe Saul Pilgrim's visit in June.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)