|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny say she wishes the children would do?
(a) Finish their homework.
(b) Chip in on chores.
(d) Take care of themselves.
2. What happens when Sam opens the crates he brought home from Malaysia?
(a) The scene is disrupted by Henny going into labor.
(b) He is embarrassed to have forgotten a number of people.
(c) Everyone is thrilled with their gifts.
(d) People are excited, but some are unhappy with their small gifts.
3. What does Josephine Pollit tell the family about, when she comes to visit?
(a) Sam's job.
(c) Colonel Willets' new problems.
(d) Her affair.
4. What happens to Bonnie in the end of the book?
(a) She marries Sam.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She is institutionalized.
(d) She comes back to the house.
5. Now that we have read the ending, the book's title 'The Man Who Loved Children' could be seen __________.
(a) As ironic.
(b) As allegorical.
(c) As metaphorical.
(d) As sympathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is clear has happened since Henny left Tohoga House?
2. What do the twins tell Sam about Ernie?
3. Who is Cathleen?
4. Why does Sam say he can't let Louie go?
5. What does Sam say about Louie ever leaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the atmosphere at the celebration for Sam's homecoming.
2. How has the relationship between Sam and Henny changed by the time of Cathleen's eighteenth birthday?
3. What does Sam do on account of Jo's news?
4. Describe the children's reaction to the marlin Sam brings home.
5. Describe Miss Aiden's visit.
6. Describe the reading of David Collyer's will.
7. What leads up to Henny's death?
8. How does Sam react to the birth of a new baby?
9. Describe Henny's second visit to Bert Anderson.
10. How does the new baby strain the Pollit household?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)