|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louie tell Sam about Henny's death?
(a) Louie killed her.
(b) She killed herself.
(c) She didn't know how it happened.
(d) It was an accident.
2. What do Louie's siblings taunt her about?
(a) Being dumb.
(b) Being in love with her teacher.
(c) Being in love with a boy.
(d) Thinking she's superior.
3. Why does Sam dislike alcohol in his house?
(a) It makes people unruly and rebellious against him.
(b) It clouds the mind.
(c) He was an alcoholic once.
(d) His religion prohibits alcohol.
4. What is Jo's main concern regarding Bonnie?
(a) She will have to live with her.
(b) She will do this again.
(c) She will need round-the-clock care.
(d) She will need money.
5. What is the atmosphere like at Tohoga House when Jo arrives there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Pollit family have to leave Georgetown?
2. How does Sam anger Colonel Willets?
3. What is Henny's response to the events of mid summer?
4. What do the twins tell Sam about Ernie?
5. What does the anonymous letter tell Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Louie's experience in a new school.
2. How does Sam react to the birth of a new baby?
3. What happens when Sam reads Louie's poetry?
4. What is Ernie's main concern, which has Sam so displeased?
5. Describe Henny's second visit to Bert Anderson.
6. Why doesn't Sam let Louie go when she says she wants to leave?
7. What does Sam do on account of Jo's news?
8. What news does Jo bring to the house?
9. What leads up to Henny's death?
10. What is it that upsets Sam during his homecoming celebration?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)