|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Sam opens the crates he brought home from Malaysia?
(a) People are excited, but some are unhappy with their small gifts.
(b) The scene is disrupted by Henny going into labor.
(c) He is embarrassed to have forgotten a number of people.
(d) Everyone is thrilled with their gifts.
2. What is Henny's response when Sam confronts her?
(a) She would never have betrayed him, even in spite of his infidelities.
(b) He is a worthless person, who has no right to accuse her.
(c) She has every right to have affairs, considering his infidelities.
(d) She knows who wrote the letter.
3. What does Henny finally tell Jo after Jo's ranting?
(a) Bonnie should be punished.
(b) None of them are any better than cheats, liars or whores.
(c) Jo should be punished for spreading the news of Bonnie's misfortune.
(d) Jo is no one to talk.
4. What have the children become by the end of the summer?
(a) Little field biologists.
(b) Excellent poets.
(c) Expert fishermen.
(d) Disgusted with fishing.
5. How does the narrator characterize the house Sam finds?
(a) It needs work.
(b) It is splendid.
(c) It will have to be totally rebuilt.
(d) It is a wreck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Louie says Spa House is filled with __________________.
2. Where does Louie go?
3. What are Louie's feelings about what she has done?
4. How does the narrator characterize Hassie's house?
5. Sam tells Bonnie _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam do on account of Jo's news?
2. Describe Saul Pilgrim's visit in June.
3. How does Sam react to the birth of a new baby?
4. Describe Miss Aiden's visit.
5. What is it that upsets Sam during his homecoming celebration?
6. Describe Henny's second visit to Bert Anderson.
7. What happens when Sam reads Louie's poetry?
8. Describe Henny's stay at Hassie's house.
9. Describe the reading of David Collyer's will.
10. How do things come to a head with Colonel Willets and Sam?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)