|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josephine Pollit carry on about?
(a) The disrepute Bonnie has brought to the family.
(b) The beauty of the new baby.
(c) The strain a new baby will place on the family finances.
(d) The justice of retribution on Colonel Willets.
2. What does Henny accuse Bert Anderson of?
(a) Being selfish.
(b) Secretly loving her.
(c) Sleeping around.
(d) Hating her.
3. What worries Henny after David Collyer's funeral?
(a) When they will be evicted.
(b) Where they will get money from.
(c) Who she can ask for money.
(d) How she will get through the summer without Louie or Hazel Moore.
4. What is the atmosphere like at Tohoga House when Jo arrives there?
5. How does Henny escape from the house?
(a) She goes for a long walk.
(b) She goes to Washington D.C.
(c) She locks herself in her room.
(d) She disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cathleen love more than anything?
2. What does Sam say when Louie confesses to him?
3. How does Clare approach her poverty?
4. Why does Sam dislike alcohol in his house?
5. According to the narrator, Saul Pilgrim is the only person who will ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the topic of poetry figure in Sam's homecoming celebration?
2. What happens after Sam gets the anonymous letter?
3. Describe the atmosphere at the celebration for Sam's homecoming.
4. Why doesn't Sam let Louie go when she says she wants to leave?
5. How does the new baby strain the Pollit household?
6. What is it that upsets Sam during his homecoming celebration?
7. Describe the children's reaction to the marlin Sam brings home.
8. How does Sam react to the birth of a new baby?
9. What does Sam do on account of Jo's news?
10. Describe Henny's stay at Hassie's house.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)