|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the children become by the end of the summer?
(a) Little field biologists.
(b) Disgusted with fishing.
(c) Expert fishermen.
(d) Excellent poets.
2. What is Sam's status in terms of work, in Chapter 9?
(a) He has been told that he is unemployable.
(b) He is still not working, but has a promise of work.
(c) He is still looking for work.
(d) He has a new job.
3. What happens to Sam in mid-summer?
(a) He is suspended.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He is promoted.
(d) He is assigned to a post in Malaysia.
4. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Sam and Colonel Willets?
(a) Colonel Willets is afraid of Sam's ambition.
(b) Colonel Willets resents Sam's easy-going personality.
(c) Colonel Willets loathes Sam's intellectual background.
(d) Colonel Willets simply doesn't like Sam.
5. What does Louie tell Sam about Henny's death?
(a) It was an accident.
(b) She didn't know how it happened.
(c) She killed herself.
(d) Louie killed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Saul Pilgrim?
2. What does the Pollit family begin to prepare for after the homecoming celebration?
3. What does Saul Pilgrim tell Sam?
4. Where is the house Sam finds?
5. Why does Sam challenge Louie to write poetry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it that upsets Sam during his homecoming celebration?
2. How does Sam react to the birth of a new baby?
3. How does the topic of poetry figure in Sam's homecoming celebration?
4. What happens when Sam reads Louie's poetry?
5. What is uncommon about Cathleen's eighteenth birthday?
6. What does Sam do on account of Jo's news?
7. Describe Henny's stay at Hassie's house.
8. What does the anonymous letter Sam receives say?
9. Describe Miss Aiden's visit.
10. Describe the atmosphere at the celebration for Sam's homecoming.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)