|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cathleen?
(a) Hassie's only daughter.
(b) Hazel Moore's daughter.
(c) Josephine Pollit's daughter.
(d) Henny's new maid.
2. What had Sam brought back from Malaysia in the crates?
(a) Small animals and biological samples.
(b) Vases and silks.
(c) Books and illustrations.
(d) Trinkets and worthless things.
3. What does Sam say about Louie ever leaving?
(a) He says she can never leave him.
(b) He says if she tries to leave he will kill her.
(c) He says that she can go whenever she likes.
(d) He says that if she wants to leave, she will have to pay her own way.
4. What does Henny finally tell Jo after Jo's ranting?
(a) Jo should be punished for spreading the news of Bonnie's misfortune.
(b) Bonnie should be punished.
(c) None of them are any better than cheats, liars or whores.
(d) Jo is no one to talk.
5. Why doesn't Sam tell Henny this news?
(a) She is about to go into labor.
(b) She doesn't want to know it.
(c) She will ruin the party.
(d) He is saving it for the right moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henny threatens Sam with _________.
2. What happens when Sam opens the crates he brought home from Malaysia?
3. What does Henny take from Ernie?
4. What is the atmosphere like at Tohoga House when Jo arrives there?
5. What do the twins tell Sam about Ernie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the children's reaction to the marlin Sam brings home.
2. Describe Henny's stay at Hassie's house.
3. What news does Jo bring to the house?
4. Describe the reading of David Collyer's will.
5. What is it that upsets Sam during his homecoming celebration?
6. What is uncommon about Cathleen's eighteenth birthday?
7. What happens when Sam reads Louie's poetry?
8. Describe Saul Pilgrim's visit in June.
9. How do things come to a head with Colonel Willets and Sam?
10. What does Sam do on account of Jo's news?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)