|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boys think a marlin is a ___________.
(b) Shady deal.
2. What does Henny accuse Bert Anderson of?
(a) Sleeping around.
(b) Being selfish.
(c) Hating her.
(d) Secretly loving her.
3. Bonnie keeps asking ______________.
(a) For her baby.
(b) To see a nurse.
(c) To return home.
(d) About the baby's father.
4. What does Sam propose to Bonnie?
(a) She should move into Spa House.
(b) She should marry the baby's father.
(c) She should be institutionalized.
(d) She should move away.
5. What does Louie tell her father she wants to do?
(a) Leave Spa House.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Kill Henny.
(d) Kill herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam think Louie's reaction will be if he reads her poetry?
2. Sam pays for ______________.
3. What does Henny snap at when she is in a foul mood?
4. What does Louie do after confessing to her father?
5. What does Sam say to excuse Henny's behavior when she beats Ernie for no reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the opening of the crates from Sam's trip.
2. What news does Jo bring to the house?
3. What happens after Sam gets the anonymous letter?
4. What is it that upsets Sam during his homecoming celebration?
5. What does Sam do on account of Jo's news?
6. How do the Pollits end up in Spa House?
7. Describe the atmosphere at the celebration for Sam's homecoming.
8. What does the anonymous letter Sam receives say?
9. Describe the children's reaction to the marlin Sam brings home.
10. What happens when Sam reads Louie's poetry?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)