|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henny's response to the events of mid summer?
(a) She buckles down and begins to cut back on her expenses.
(b) She ignores all signs of trouble.
(c) She falls into a deep depression.
(d) She feels deserted.
2. Sam warns Louie about ________.
3. Where does Louie go?
(a) Her mother's family in Harper's Ferry.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) To live with Miss Aiden.
4. Why doesn't Sam tell Henny this news?
(a) She will ruin the party.
(b) She is about to go into labor.
(c) He is saving it for the right moment.
(d) She doesn't want to know it.
5. What does Henny take from Ernie?
(a) His lead.
(b) Her old coins.
(c) His savings.
(d) His set of keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Louie's feelings about what she has done?
2. What does Sam get the children excited about?
3. How do things change in the house after Sam returns home?
4. How does the narrator characterize Hassie's house?
5. What makes Sam furious after the reading of the will?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the children's reaction to the marlin Sam brings home.
2. Describe Louie's experience in a new school.
3. What news does Jo bring to the house?
4. Describe Miss Aiden's visit.
5. Describe the opening of the crates from Sam's trip.
6. How do the Pollits end up in Spa House?
7. What does Henny say about the news Jo brings?
8. What is it that upsets Sam during his homecoming celebration?
9. What happens after Sam gets the anonymous letter?
10. What happens when Sam reads Louie's poetry?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)