|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnie tell Sam?
(a) She wants to die.
(b) She will never see the baby's father.
(c) She will marry him.
(d) She will get married.
2. What makes Sam furious after the reading of the will?
(a) Henny was overlooked like she was.
(b) His plans for further expeditions will have to be delayed.
(c) David Collyer hadn't spoken to him about his will before he died.
(d) Almost all the property will have to be sold.
3. Why does Sam dislike alcohol in his house?
(a) It clouds the mind.
(b) He was an alcoholic once.
(c) It makes people unruly and rebellious against him.
(d) His religion prohibits alcohol.
4. How does Bert Anderson disappoint Henny?
(a) He tells her to count her blessings.
(b) He refuses to listen to her complain.
(c) He does not have money to give her.
(d) He walks away from their conversation.
5. What had Sam brought back from Malaysia in the crates?
(a) Trinkets and worthless things.
(b) Vases and silks.
(c) Small animals and biological samples.
(d) Books and illustrations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Louie's siblings taunt her about?
2. Why does Sam challenge Louie to write poetry?
3. What does Cathleen love more than anything?
4. How long does Henny stay away from Spa House?
5. What does the Pollit family begin to prepare for after the homecoming celebration?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)