|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boys think a marlin is a ___________.
(a) Shady deal.
2. Louie says Spa House is filled with __________________.
3. What does Cathleen love more than anything?
4. How does Clare approach her poverty?
(a) By apologizing all the time.
(b) By shrinking inside herself.
(c) By laughing at it.
(d) By letting people walk all over her.
5. Henny threatens Sam with _________.
(b) Hurting Louie or Ernie.
(c) Killing him.
(d) Kicking him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josephine Pollit carry on about?
2. What is the state of Sam and Henny's relationship when Henny is making a gift for Cathleen?
3. What does the narrator say Ernie is deeply concerned about?
4. Sam pays for ______________.
5. How long does Henny stay away from Spa House?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam react to the birth of a new baby?
2. Describe Saul Pilgrim's visit in June.
3. How has the relationship between Sam and Henny changed by the time of Cathleen's eighteenth birthday?
4. Describe the reading of David Collyer's will.
5. Describe the opening of the crates from Sam's trip.
6. What leads up to Henny's death?
7. Describe Louie's experience in a new school.
8. What does the anonymous letter Sam receives say?
9. What is Ernie's main concern, which has Sam so displeased?
10. Why doesn't Sam let Louie go when she says she wants to leave?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)