|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam say when Louie confesses to him?
(a) He does not believe her.
(b) He was going to do it himself.
(c) She did the right thing.
(d) He has to report her.
2. What is Louie's reaction when Sam reads her poetry?
(a) She is irritated, but not bothered much.
(b) She is furious for the invasion of privacy.
(c) She is glad to set a good example for her siblings.
(d) She is glad that her work is finally being heard.
3. What does Louie tell her father she wants to do?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Kill Henny.
(c) Leave Spa House.
(d) Kill herself.
4. What does the Pollit family begin to prepare for after the homecoming celebration?
(a) Sam's next departure.
(b) David Collyer's funeral.
(c) Louie's graduation party.
(d) Henny's new baby.
5. Sam warns Louie about ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Louie go?
2. How does the narrator say Henny's moods change?
3. What news does Josephine Pollit tell?
4. What is Sam's response to this event?
5. Louie says Spa House is filled with __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the new baby strain the Pollit household?
2. What happens after Sam gets the anonymous letter?
3. What happens when Sam reads Louie's poetry?
4. Describe the opening of the crates from Sam's trip.
5. How does the topic of poetry figure in Sam's homecoming celebration?
6. Why doesn't Sam let Louie go when she says she wants to leave?
7. What does the anonymous letter Sam receives say?
8. Describe the children's reaction to the marlin Sam brings home.
9. How do the Pollits end up in Spa House?
10. What is uncommon about Cathleen's eighteenth birthday?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)