|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is this conclusion of the book called?
(a) The falling action.
(b) The climax.
(c) The denouement.
(d) The rising action.
2. What does Louie do after confessing to her father?
(a) She is arrested.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She goes back to school.
(d) She takes care of her siblings.
3. What is the atmosphere like at Tohoga House when Jo arrives there?
4. What happens to Louie in her first days in high school?
(a) She implodes.
(b) She fades.
(c) She sinks.
(d) She blossoms.
5. What news does Josephine Pollit tell?
(a) Bonnie had fallen in love.
(b) Bonnie had a baby.
(c) Bonnie had another affair.
(d) Colonel Willets had been demoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is clear has happened since Henny left Tohoga House?
2. What worries Henny after David Collyer's funeral?
3. Sam tells Bonnie _________________.
4. How do things change in the house after Sam returns home?
5. Sam and the other children make fun of Ernie for _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henny die?
2. What is uncommon about Cathleen's eighteenth birthday?
3. Describe the opening of the crates from Sam's trip.
4. Describe Louie's experience in a new school.
5. How do things come to a head with Colonel Willets and Sam?
6. How is Henny replaced?
7. Describe Henny's stay at Hassie's house.
8. What happens when Sam reads Louie's poetry?
9. How does the new baby strain the Pollit household?
10. Why doesn't Sam let Louie go when she says she wants to leave?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)