|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Saul Pilgrim?
(a) Louie's friend in Harper's Ferry.
(b) Henny's confidante.
(c) Colonel Willets' inspector.
(d) Sam's old friend.
2. Why does the Pollit family have to leave Georgetown?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) They have too many debts there.
(c) They are following Sam to a new appointment.
(d) They are no longer welcome there.
3. What does Saul Pilgrim tell Sam?
(a) To go over Colonel Willets' head.
(b) To go after Colonel Willets.
(c) To be careful.
(d) To look for new work.
4. What is Louie's reaction when Sam reads her poetry?
(a) She is glad to set a good example for her siblings.
(b) She is irritated, but not bothered much.
(c) She is furious for the invasion of privacy.
(d) She is glad that her work is finally being heard.
5. What does Sam say to excuse Henny's behavior when she beats Ernie for no reason?
(a) She didn't mean it.
(b) Ernie had it coming.
(c) These things happen.
(d) It is one of her moods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Sam opens the crates he brought home from Malaysia?
2. What does Henny snap at when she is in a foul mood?
3. What does Sam say when Louie confesses to him?
4. Where does Louie go?
5. What does Bonnie tell Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Henny replaced?
2. How does the topic of poetry figure in Sam's homecoming celebration?
3. What is uncommon about Cathleen's eighteenth birthday?
4. What leads up to Henny's death?
5. What news does Jo bring to the house?
6. Describe Saul Pilgrim's visit in June.
7. What is Ernie's main concern, which has Sam so displeased?
8. Why doesn't Sam let Louie go when she says she wants to leave?
9. Describe Henny's second visit to Bert Anderson.
10. How do the Pollits end up in Spa House?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)