|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
2. Who is Norman Collyer?
(a) Sam Pollit's brother-in-law.
(b) Henny's brother.
(c) Sam Pollit's father-in-law.
(d) Henny's father.
3. Where is Henny's special place?
(a) A stool in the corner.
(b) A tree in the woods.
(c) Her parents' estate.
(d) A room above the living room.
4. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
(a) Leave Sam.
(b) Stop working.
(c) Stop mothering.
(d) Hire another person.
5. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
(a) At work.
(d) In the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
2. What mistake has the Smithsonian made that infuriates Colonel Willets?
3. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
4. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
5. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Sam?
2. What does Henny like about visiting Washington D.C.?
3. What does Henny complain about to Bert Anderson?
4. Describe Henny's relationship with relation to the children?
5. How does Hazel Moore disappoint Henny?
6. Compare and contrast Louie with Henny's brother Barry.
7. Describe Sam's relation to Naden.
8. What is Louie's relationship with Beulah?
9. What is the financial state of the Pollit household?
10. How does the narrator characterize Sam's world view?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)