|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
(a) He received an award for Field Biology.
(b) His data proved a theory.
(c) He located an intact specimen of an extinct species.
(d) He is appointed to an Anthropological Mission.
2. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
(a) The billiard room.
(b) The living room.
(c) The parlor.
3. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she married Sam.
(b) When she had children.
(c) When she gave up her inheritance.
(d) When she bought the house.
4. Why is Henny irritated by the children writing letters to Sam in Malaysia?
(a) They have too many questions.
(b) They never finish their stories.
(c) They don't write quickly.
(d) They don't know how to spell simple words.
5. Who is Norman Collyer?
(a) Henny's brother.
(b) Sam Pollit's brother-in-law.
(c) Henny's father.
(d) Sam Pollit's father-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
2. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
3. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
4. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
5. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hazel Moore disappoint Henny?
2. Describe Sam and Henny's conversation at the end of Chapter 4.
3. Describe the trip to Washington D.C. to buy shoes for the children.
4. What is Sam's relationship with Colonel Willets?
5. What does Henny like about visiting Washington D.C.?
6. Describe Henny's relationship with Bert Anderson.
7. Describe Sam's return home.
8. What news does Jo bring when she comes?
9. Describe Henny's letter from her brother, Norman Collyer.
10. Describe Louie's visit to Mrs. Kydd's house.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)