|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henny's favorite?
2. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
(a) His data proved a theory.
(b) He located an intact specimen of an extinct species.
(c) He is appointed to an Anthropological Mission.
(d) He received an award for Field Biology.
3. What do Henny and Old Ellen talk about?
(a) How to stay in a bad marriage.
(b) Why couples split up.
(c) How women poison themselves.
(d) What do to about Sam's inappropriate relationship with the children.
4. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(a) Nervous and lively.
5. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
(a) A death.
(b) Bonnie's affair.
(c) A car accident.
(d) An illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
2. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
3. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
4. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
5. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
2. What does Henny complain about to Bert Anderson?
3. Describe Sam's return home.
4. How does the narrator characterize Sam?
5. What might be being foreshadowed in Chapters 3 and 4?
6. How is Louie treated in the Pollit household?
7. Describe Sam and Henny's conversation at the end of Chapter 4.
8. What does Louie do at Beulah's house?
9. What is Louie's relationship with Beulah?
10. Describe Josephine Pollit's arrival at Tohoga House.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)