|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny say she would like to do to Sam?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Reward him for his hard work.
(c) Confess to him.
(d) Befriend him.
2. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
3. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
(a) She pokes her.
(b) She says that she is a bastard.
(c) She accuses her of other children's mistakes.
(d) She berates her when she makes mistakes.
4. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He does not answer.
(b) He agrees, on conditions.
(c) He sends her what she wants.
(d) He refuses.
5. What does Sam say he wants from Josephine Pollit when she arrives?
(b) A song.
(c) An apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake has the Smithsonian made that infuriates Colonel Willets?
2. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
3. What does Sam swear to Henny?
4. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
5. Who is Norman Collyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the two trips, to Harper's Ferry and to Monocacy, show us different sides of Louie's character?
2. Compare and contrast Louie with Henny's brother Barry.
3. Describe Sam and Henny's conversation at the end of Chapter 4.
4. Describe Henny's relationship with relation to the children?
5. What does Henny like about visiting Washington D.C.?
6. How does the narrator characterize Sam?
7. What does Henny complain about to Bert Anderson?
8. What is Sam's relationship with Colonel Willets?
9. What is Louie's relationship with Beulah?
10. Describe Sam's relation to Naden.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)