|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(b) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
(c) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(d) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
2. What is Beulah's family business?
(a) Butchering chickens.
(b) Selling dry goods.
(c) Selling produce and farm products.
(d) Selling horses and cattle.
3. What does Sam swear to Henny?
(a) He has been faithful since his last lapse.
(b) His affairs don't matter to him.
(c) He loves her more than anything.
(d) He has never cheated on her.
4. What does Henny complain about?
(a) Being poor.
(b) Sam's ego.
(c) Living so far from town.
(d) The children.
5. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose family home is Monocacy?
2. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
3. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
4. Henny plans to ask her friend for ___________.
5. What does Henny say she would like to do to Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Josephine Pollit's arrival at Tohoga House.
2. What does Louie do at Beulah's house?
3. What news does Jo bring when she comes?
4. What is the financial state of the Pollit household?
5. Compare and contrast Louie with Henny's brother Barry.
6. Describe the trip to Washington D.C. to buy shoes for the children.
7. What does Henny like about visiting Washington D.C.?
8. Describe Henny's relationship with Bert Anderson.
9. Describe Sam and Henny's conversation at the end of Chapter 4.
10. How does Henny get reprieve from the children at Tohoga House?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)