|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Monocacy in when the Pollits arrive there in Chapter 5, Part 2?
2. Who is Beulah?
(a) Henny's sister.
(b) Louie's mother.
(c) Sam's first wife.
(d) Louie's cousin.
3. Who does Henny meet in Washington D.C.?
(b) Bert Anderson.
(c) Hazel Moore.
(d) Old Ellen.
4. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
(b) The living room.
(c) The billiard room.
(d) The parlor.
5. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
(a) Gets drunk and neglects her work.
(b) Gives notice that she is leaving.
(c) Steals money.
(d) Becomes engaged to Mr. Gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
2. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
3. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
4. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
5. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sam and Henny's conversation at the end of Chapter 4.
2. What do Louie and Nellie discuss when Henny and the children get to Monocacy?
3. What does Henny complain about to Bert Anderson?
4. Describe Sam's relation to Naden.
5. How does the narrator characterize Sam?
6. How do the two trips, to Harper's Ferry and to Monocacy, show us different sides of Louie's character?
7. How does the narrator characterize Sam's world view?
8. What news does Jo bring when she comes?
9. What does Henny find when she arrives at Monocacy?
10. How does Hazel Moore disappoint Henny?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)