|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henny plans to ask her friend for ___________.
2. What does Henny's friend tell her?
(a) She should stop dwelling on the negative things.
(b) She should get help.
(c) She should travel.
(d) She should divorce Sam.
3. Where is Sam Pollit?
(a) On an expedition.
(c) He disappeared when the children were small.
(d) At work.
4. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) An affair Henny had.
(b) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(c) Henny's incompetence about money.
(d) Sam's affairs.
5. What does Nellie teach Louie?
(a) How to plant trees.
(b) How to bake.
(c) How to tie knots.
(d) French words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
2. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
3. What does Sam say he would like to create?
4. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
5. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
2. Compare and contrast Louie with Henny's brother Barry.
3. How does the narrator describe Louie's personality?
4. Describe Sam's return home.
5. What does Henny complain about to Bert Anderson?
6. What does Bert Anderson tell Henny?
7. Describe Henny's relationship with relation to the children?
8. Describe Sam's relation to Naden.
9. Describe Josephine Pollit's arrival at Tohoga House.
10. How does Henny get reprieve from the children at Tohoga House?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)