|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake has the Smithsonian made that infuriates Colonel Willets?
(a) They refused to answer any of Colonel Willets' inquiries.
(b) They understood Sam to be the head of the expedition.
(c) They misunderstood Colonel Willets' requests for more assistance, and cut his budget instead.
(d) They expected Sam and Colonel Willets to pay for their own expenses.
2. What does Henny say she would like to do to Sam?
(a) Reward him for his hard work.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Confess to him.
(d) Befriend him.
3. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
4. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
(a) In constant short visits throughout the year.
(b) She hardly saw them except briefly at holidays.
(c) She lives with Henny and the children part-time.
(d) In an annual summer visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
2. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
3. What is Togoha House?
4. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
5. Who is Rachel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henny complain about to Bert Anderson?
2. Describe the opening scene of 'The Man Who Loved Children'.
3. What news does Jo bring when she comes?
4. How does the narrator describe Louie's personality?
5. How do the two trips, to Harper's Ferry and to Monocacy, show us different sides of Louie's character?
6. Describe Henny's relationship with Bert Anderson.
7. What does Henny like about visiting Washington D.C.?
8. Describe Henny's letter from her brother, Norman Collyer.
9. Describe the trip to Washington D.C. to buy shoes for the children.
10. Describe Josephine Pollit's arrival at Tohoga House.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)