|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What 'crime' does Nellie hold against Louie?
(a) The time she forgot her homework.
(b) She time she got sick and needed to be taken care of.
(c) The time she lost her keys.
(d) The time she took flowers from someone's yard to give a neighbor.
2. Who is Archie Lessinum?
(a) A housekeeper at Monocacy.
(b) Henny's cousin.
(c) Henny's old boyfriend.
(d) Old Ellen's son-in-law.
3. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
(a) She berates her when she makes mistakes.
(b) She pokes her.
(c) She says that she is a bastard.
(d) She accuses her of other children's mistakes.
4. Whose family home is Monocacy?
(c) Bert Anderson's.
5. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To do well in school.
(b) To make her proud.
(c) To never beg.
(d) To mind their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
2. What state is Monocacy in when the Pollits arrive there in Chapter 5, Part 2?
3. Who does Henny meet in Washington D.C.?
4. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
5. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henny like about visiting Washington D.C.?
2. How does Henny get reprieve from the children at Tohoga House?
3. What is Sam's relationship with Colonel Willets?
4. How does Hazel Moore disappoint Henny?
5. Describe Sam and Henny's conversation at the end of Chapter 4.
6. How does the narrator describe Louie's personality?
7. Describe Henny's relationship with Bert Anderson.
8. What does Henny find when she arrives at Monocacy?
9. Describe Josephine Pollit's arrival at Tohoga House.
10. What is the financial state of the Pollit household?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)