|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Josephine Pollit?
(c) No one is sure.
2. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
(a) He never breaks promises to them.
(b) He tries to ignore them as much as he can.
(c) He sleeps and rises by their needs.
(d) He overdoes it to compensate for being gone so often.
3. Where does Beulah live?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Harper's Ferry.
4. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
(b) At work.
(c) In the woods.
5. Who is Henny's favorite?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam swear to Henny?
2. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
3. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
4. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
5. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Louie with Henny's brother Barry.
2. What is Louie's relationship with Beulah?
3. Describe Henny's letter from her brother, Norman Collyer.
4. How do the two trips, to Harper's Ferry and to Monocacy, show us different sides of Louie's character?
5. Describe the opening scene of 'The Man Who Loved Children'.
6. What might be being foreshadowed in Chapters 3 and 4?
7. Describe the trip to Washington D.C. to buy shoes for the children.
8. What do Louie and Nellie discuss when Henny and the children get to Monocacy?
9. What is the financial state of the Pollit household?
10. Describe Louie's visit to Mrs. Kydd's house.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)