|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henny plans to ask her friend for ___________.
2. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that she is afraid to help him.
(b) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
(c) She says that he always hurts her.
(d) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
3. What does Henny complain about?
(a) Sam's ego.
(b) Living so far from town.
(c) The children.
(d) Being poor.
4. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
(a) Henny's health.
(b) Henny's irresponsibility.
(c) Henny's sick father.
(d) Henny's hatred for Louie.
5. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henny's friend tell her?
2. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
3. Where is Henny's special place?
4. What does Nellie teach Louie?
5. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Louie and Nellie discuss when Henny and the children get to Monocacy?
2. Compare and contrast Louie with Henny's brother Barry.
3. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
4. What is the financial state of the Pollit household?
5. What is Louie's relationship with Beulah?
6. Describe Sam's relation to Naden.
7. Describe the opening scene of 'The Man Who Loved Children'.
8. What does Henny find when she arrives at Monocacy?
9. What does Henny like about visiting Washington D.C.?
10. How is Louie treated in the Pollit household?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)