|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Henny and Hazel Moore been arguing over?
(d) Mr. Gray.
2. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a stimulant.
(b) As a comforter.
(c) As a sounding board.
(d) As a minister.
3. Henny plans to ask her friend for ___________.
4. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person limited.
5. Who is Rachel?
(a) Henny's sister.
(b) Louie's aunt.
(c) Sam's first wife.
(d) Louie's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nellie?
2. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
3. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
4. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
5. What does Sam say he wants from Josephine Pollit when she arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henny's letter from her brother, Norman Collyer.
2. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
3. What does Louie do at Beulah's house?
4. Describe Henny's relationship with relation to the children?
5. What does Henny complain about to Bert Anderson?
6. What is the financial state of the Pollit household?
7. What is Louie's relationship with Beulah?
8. Describe Louie's visit to Mrs. Kydd's house.
9. What might be being foreshadowed in Chapters 3 and 4?
10. Describe Josephine Pollit's arrival at Tohoga House.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)