|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
(a) He is less protective of the children.
(b) He doesn't know them at all, whereas she knows them intimately.
(c) He tries to teach them, but she doesn't.
(d) He is friendly with them, whereas she treats them all like enemies.
2. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
(a) As a gift.
(b) As an angel.
(c) As a burden.
(d) As a brat.
3. Who is Hazel Moore?
(a) The steward at Monocacy.
(b) The housekeeper at Monocacy.
(c) Henny's father's mistress.
(d) The gardener at Monocacy.
4. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
(b) City Center.
(c) The City.
5. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
(a) Stop mothering.
(b) Hire another person.
(c) Leave Sam.
(d) Stop working.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Josephine Pollit?
2. What state is Monocacy in when the Pollits arrive there in Chapter 5, Part 2?
3. Who is Josephine Pollit?
4. What does Henny's friend tell her?
5. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Louie's relationship with Beulah?
2. What does Henny complain about to Bert Anderson?
3. How does Hazel Moore disappoint Henny?
4. How does the narrator characterize Sam's world view?
5. Describe Henny's relationship with Bert Anderson.
6. What do Louie and Nellie discuss when Henny and the children get to Monocacy?
7. How does Henny get reprieve from the children at Tohoga House?
8. What is Sam's relationship with Colonel Willets?
9. What is the financial state of the Pollit household?
10. What does Louie do at Beulah's house?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)