|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(a) Always hungry.
2. What is Beulah's family business?
(a) Butchering chickens.
(b) Selling dry goods.
(c) Selling produce and farm products.
(d) Selling horses and cattle.
3. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
(a) Publishing articles.
(b) Looking for specimens.
(c) Making one's own community.
(d) The impending collapse of civilization.
4. Who is Nellie?
(a) A young maid.
(b) A family friend.
(c) A gardener.
(d) Henny's father's mistress.
5. Who is Rachel?
(a) Louie's cousin.
(b) Henny's sister.
(c) Sam's first wife.
(d) Louie's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
2. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
3. What does Sam swear to Henny?
4. Where is Sam Pollit?
5. What have Henny and Hazel Moore been arguing over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might be being foreshadowed in Chapters 3 and 4?
2. Describe Henny's fight with Louie.
3. Describe Henny's relationship with relation to the children?
4. What does Bert Anderson tell Henny?
5. What do Louie and Nellie discuss when Henny and the children get to Monocacy?
6. Describe Sam and Henny's conversation at the end of Chapter 4.
7. What does Henny complain about to Bert Anderson?
8. How is Louie treated in the Pollit household?
9. How does the narrator describe Louie's personality?
10. Describe the opening scene of 'The Man Who Loved Children'.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)