|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny say she would like to do to Sam?
(a) Befriend him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Reward him for his hard work.
(d) Confess to him.
2. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She had porcelain skin.
(b) She had very dark hair.
(c) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(d) She had large eyes.
3. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
(a) Gets drunk and neglects her work.
(b) Steals money.
(c) Gives notice that she is leaving.
(d) Becomes engaged to Mr. Gray.
4. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
(a) He never answers.
(b) He criticizes her spelling.
(c) She is convinced he has a local lover.
(d) He gets jealous over the littlest thing.
5. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To mind their parents.
(b) To make her proud.
(c) To do well in school.
(d) To never beg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Louie's cousins teacher her?
2. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
3. Who is Archie Lessinum?
4. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
5. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
2. What does Louie do at Beulah's house?
3. How does Henny get reprieve from the children at Tohoga House?
4. What news does Jo bring when she comes?
5. Describe Henny's relationship with relation to the children?
6. Describe Henny's relationship with Bert Anderson.
7. How does Hazel Moore disappoint Henny?
8. How do the two trips, to Harper's Ferry and to Monocacy, show us different sides of Louie's character?
9. What does Bert Anderson tell Henny?
10. How does the narrator characterize Sam's world view?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)