|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Josephine Pollit?
(b) No one is sure.
2. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
3. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To mind their parents.
(b) To make her proud.
(c) To never beg.
(d) To do well in school.
4. Who is Nellie?
(a) A family friend.
(b) Henny's father's mistress.
(c) A young maid.
(d) A gardener.
5. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
(a) In the woods.
(b) At work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
2. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
3. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
4. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
5. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the financial state of the Pollit household?
2. What is Louie's relationship with Beulah?
3. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
4. How does the narrator characterize Sam's world view?
5. How does the narrator describe Louie's personality?
6. What does Henny complain about to Bert Anderson?
7. How does the narrator characterize Sam?
8. What does Louie do at Beulah's house?
9. Describe Sam's return home.
10. Describe Henny's relationship with relation to the children?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)