|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam tell Louie about?
(a) The suffering in his marriage.
(b) The brilliance of her future.
(c) His affairs and her mother's anger.
(d) The impending divorce.
2. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To make her proud.
(b) To never beg.
(c) To do well in school.
(d) To mind their parents.
3. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
(a) She wants her to take the kids for some time.
(b) She wants her as a servant.
(c) She wants her as a friend.
(d) She wants her to stop gossiping.
4. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
5. Who is Norman Collyer?
(a) Sam Pollit's brother-in-law.
(b) Henny's father.
(c) Henny's brother.
(d) Sam Pollit's father-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
2. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
3. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
4. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
5. Why does Henny like going to Washington D.C.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sam's return home.
2. What does Henny complain about to Bert Anderson?
3. What does Louie do at Beulah's house?
4. Describe Josephine Pollit's arrival at Tohoga House.
5. What is the financial state of the Pollit household?
6. Compare and contrast Louie with Henny's brother Barry.
7. Describe Louie's visit to Mrs. Kydd's house.
8. How does Henny get reprieve from the children at Tohoga House?
9. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
10. How do the two trips, to Harper's Ferry and to Monocacy, show us different sides of Louie's character?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)