|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
(a) Prodigal daughter.
(b) Lovable nuisance.
2. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
(a) She wants her as a friend.
(b) She wants her to stop gossiping.
(c) She wants her to take the kids for some time.
(d) She wants her as a servant.
3. Where does Beulah live?
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) Harper's Ferry.
4. How old was Louie when her mother died?
(a) Six years.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Six months.
5. What is Louie's relationship with Henny?
(a) Henny is her cousin.
(b) Henny is her mother.
(c) Henny is her aunt.
(d) Henny is her step-mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
2. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
3. Who is Henny's favorite?
4. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
5. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Jo bring to the house?
2. How does the topic of poetry figure in Sam's homecoming celebration?
3. What is Ernie's main concern, which has Sam so displeased?
4. Describe Henny's stay at Hassie's house.
5. Describe Josephine Pollit's arrival at Tohoga House.
6. How does the new baby strain the Pollit household?
7. What does Louie do at Beulah's house?
8. Describe Louie's experience in a new school.
9. What does Henny like about visiting Washington D.C.?
10. How does the narrator characterize Sam?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)