|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nellie teach Louie?
(a) How to tie knots.
(b) How to plant trees.
(c) French words.
(d) How to bake.
2. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(a) Nervous and lively.
3. Who is Rachel?
(a) Louie's aunt.
(b) Sam's first wife.
(c) Henny's sister.
(d) Louie's cousin.
4. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
(a) As a guest.
(b) As his boss.
(c) As equals.
(d) As his representative.
5. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
(a) As a gift.
(b) As a burden.
(c) As an angel.
(d) As a brat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was David Collyer's relationship with Archie Lessinum?
2. What does Henny's friend tell her?
3. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
4. What is Louie's relationship with Henny?
5. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the financial state of the Pollit household?
2. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
3. Describe Henny's relationship with Bert Anderson.
4. Describe Henny's relationship with relation to the children?
5. Describe Josephine Pollit's arrival at Tohoga House.
6. What does Henny like about visiting Washington D.C.?
7. What does Henny complain about to Bert Anderson?
8. Describe the opening scene of 'The Man Who Loved Children'.
9. What is Sam's relationship with Colonel Willets?
10. Describe Sam's return home.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)