|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam propose to Bonnie?
(a) She should move into Spa House.
(b) She should move away.
(c) She should marry the baby's father.
(d) She should be institutionalized.
2. What is Henny's response when Sam confronts her?
(a) She knows who wrote the letter.
(b) She has every right to have affairs, considering his infidelities.
(c) She would never have betrayed him, even in spite of his infidelities.
(d) He is a worthless person, who has no right to accuse her.
3. What does Louie put in Henny's tea?
(c) Engine coolant.
4. In what way does Colonel Willets see David Collyer's death as an opportunity?
(a) Now he can extract more contributions from Sam.
(b) Now he can make Sam loyal to him personally.
(c) Now he can discredit Sam and have him removed from his post.
(d) Now he can toy with Sam's appointment, and drive him away from the institute.
5. According to the narrator, Saul Pilgrim is the only person who will ______________.
(a) Visit the Pollit house.
(b) Employ Sam.
(c) Talk to Sam.
(d) Befriend Louie.
6. How long does Henny stay away from Spa House?
(a) An afternoon.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) A week.
7. What happens to Sam in mid-summer?
(a) He is assigned to a post in Malaysia.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He is suspended.
(d) He is promoted.
8. Sam pays for ______________.
(a) Bonnie to get married.
(b) More news of Colonel Willets.
(c) The baby's needs.
(d) The baby to be taken away.
9. How does Sam anger Colonel Willets?
(a) By working so hard that no one else needs to contribute much.
(b) By responding pleasantly to his rudeness.
(c) By claiming everything as his own work.
(d) By refusing to tell Colonel Willets about funding opportunities.
10. What is the atmosphere like at Tohoga House when Jo arrives there?
11. What are Louie's feelings about what she has done?
(a) Crushing guilt.
(b) She feels nothing.
(c) She is ruthless.
(d) Life will go on.
12. How does Henny characterize Louie's teacher?
(a) Salt of the earth.
13. What does Henny finally tell Jo after Jo's ranting?
(a) Jo is no one to talk.
(b) None of them are any better than cheats, liars or whores.
(c) Bonnie should be punished.
(d) Jo should be punished for spreading the news of Bonnie's misfortune.
14. What upsets Sam after Henny gives birth?
(a) There is no one to take care of the baby.
(b) The house is full of people who have come to take care of the baby.
(c) Louie is taking care of the baby.
(d) She has hired a nurse.
15. What makes Sam furious after the reading of the will?
(a) David Collyer hadn't spoken to him about his will before he died.
(b) His plans for further expeditions will have to be delayed.
(c) Almost all the property will have to be sold.
(d) Henny was overlooked like she was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henny take from Ernie?
2. What does Louie do after confessing to her father?
3. What does Louie tell Sam about Henny's death?
4. What news does Josephine Pollit tell?
5. How does Bert Anderson disappoint Henny?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)