|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Louie says Spa House is filled with __________________.
2. What does Sam say about Ernie's character?
(a) He has matured.
(b) He has gone rotten.
(c) His morals have disimproved.
(d) He has lost his senses.
3. How does Clare approach her poverty?
(a) By laughing at it.
(b) By letting people walk all over her.
(c) By shrinking inside herself.
(d) By apologizing all the time.
4. What do Sam and Henny discover when David Collyer's will is read?
(a) David Collyer left it all to charity.
(b) He was broke.
(c) Everything was left to Henny's siblings.
(d) Henny was specifically written out of the will.
5. What does Louie put in Henny's tea?
(b) Engine coolant.
6. How has the trip changed Sam?
(a) He is more optimistic.
(b) He drinks more.
(c) He is more restrained.
(d) He is more expressive.
7. What does the narrator say Ernie is deeply concerned about?
8. How does the narrator characterize Hassie's house?
9. Henny threatens Sam with _________.
(a) Killing him.
(c) Kicking him out.
(d) Hurting Louie or Ernie.
10. How does the narrator say Henny's moods change?
(a) They become angrier.
(b) They mellow.
(c) They become more changeable.
(d) They become more vile.
11. Sam tells Bonnie _________________.
(a) About Jo's affairs.
(b) About Henny's death.
(c) About her baby.
(d) About his financial problems.
12. What embarrasses Louie about going to school?
(a) Her immaturity.
(b) Her complete lack of family support.
(c) Her hand-me-downs.
(d) Her ignorance.
13. What happens to Bonnie's baby?
(a) It is never found.
(b) It is adopted.
(c) It is located.
(d) It dies.
14. According to the narrator, Saul Pilgrim is the only person who will ______________.
(a) Befriend Louie.
(b) Talk to Sam.
(c) Visit the Pollit house.
(d) Employ Sam.
15. What does Sam say when Louie confesses to him?
(a) He does not believe her.
(b) She did the right thing.
(c) He has to report her.
(d) He was going to do it himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Saul Pilgrim?
2. What does Louie tell Sam about Henny's death?
3. What has Henny begun to do in front of the children?
4. What does Louie do after confessing to her father?
5. Sam pays for ______________.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)