|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henny meet in Washington D.C.?
(a) Bert Anderson.
(c) Old Ellen.
(d) Hazel Moore.
2. Who is Archie Lessinum?
(a) A housekeeper at Monocacy.
(b) Old Ellen's son-in-law.
(c) Henny's old boyfriend.
(d) Henny's cousin.
3. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(b) She had porcelain skin.
(c) She had large eyes.
(d) She had very dark hair.
4. Where is Henny's special place?
(a) A stool in the corner.
(b) A room above the living room.
(c) Her parents' estate.
(d) A tree in the woods.
5. Where does Beulah live?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) Harper's Ferry.
6. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
7. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
(a) She wants her as a servant.
(b) She wants her to stop gossiping.
(c) She wants her to take the kids for some time.
(d) She wants her as a friend.
8. What is Togoha House?
(a) Sam Pollit's workplace.
(b) The Pollit's residence.
(c) The dorm where Louie Pollit lives.
(d) The Governor's mansion.
9. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
(a) She flees into the woods.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She carries on, but her feelings blow over quickly.
(d) She denies everything.
10. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a comforter.
(b) As a minister.
(c) As a sounding board.
(d) As a stimulant.
11. What does Nellie teach Louie?
(a) How to plant trees.
(b) How to bake.
(c) How to tie knots.
(d) French words.
12. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She does not pay her any notice.
(b) She trusts the children to her.
(c) She fawns over her.
(d) She insults her constantly.
13. Where does Nellie say Louie is going to go?
(b) High school.
(d) Reform school.
14. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
(a) He was great with children.
(b) He would be a friend to the children.
(c) He didn't know anything about children.
(d) He had no interest in the children.
15. Who is Beulah?
(a) Louie's mother.
(b) Louie's cousin.
(c) Henny's sister.
(d) Sam's first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
2. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
3. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
4. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
5. Who is Rachel?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)