|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
(a) She wants her as a servant.
(b) She wants her to stop gossiping.
(c) She wants her to take the kids for some time.
(d) She wants her as a friend.
2. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
(a) She never makes any mistakes.
(b) She never thinks of anyone but herself.
(c) She only thinks of other people.
(d) She has never had to pay for her mistakes.
3. Who is Archie Lessinum?
(a) Henny's old boyfriend.
(b) A housekeeper at Monocacy.
(c) Old Ellen's son-in-law.
(d) Henny's cousin.
4. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She trusts the children to her.
(b) She does not pay her any notice.
(c) She insults her constantly.
(d) She fawns over her.
5. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
(a) Gets drunk and neglects her work.
(b) Becomes engaged to Mr. Gray.
(c) Gives notice that she is leaving.
(d) Steals money.
6. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
(a) They were in love.
(b) A sense of honor.
(c) Her family needed him to take care of her.
(d) The marriage was arranged.
7. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To do well in school.
(b) To never beg.
(c) To mind their parents.
(d) To make her proud.
8. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His childhood home.
(b) His father.
(c) His dead mother.
(d) His garden.
9. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He agrees, on conditions.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) He sends her what she wants.
(d) He refuses.
10. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
11. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
(c) Prodigal daughter.
(d) Lovable nuisance.
12. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
(a) Bonnie's affair.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A death.
(d) An illness.
13. How old was Louie when her mother died?
(a) Six years.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Six months.
14. What is Louie's relationship with Henny?
(a) Henny is her aunt.
(b) Henny is her step-mother.
(c) Henny is her cousin.
(d) Henny is her mother.
15. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
(a) Fat and slow.
(b) Short and plump.
(c) Lanky and aloof.
(d) Tall with blond hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam tell Louie about?
2. What is Beulah's family business?
3. When does Henny say she was tricked?
4. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
5. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)