Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henny's special place?
(a) A room above the living room.
(b) A tree in the woods.
(c) A stool in the corner.
(d) Her parents' estate.
2. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
3. What do Henny and Old Ellen talk about?
(a) How to stay in a bad marriage.
(b) Why couples split up.
(c) How women poison themselves.
(d) What do to about Sam's inappropriate relationship with the children.
4. What does Sam say he would like to create?
(a) A shelter for degenerates.
(b) A world run by misfits.
(c) A cure for degenerates.
(d) A world without misfits.
5. Where does Beulah live?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Harper's Ferry.
6. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
(a) A sense of honor.
(b) They were in love.
(c) Her family needed him to take care of her.
(d) The marriage was arranged.
7. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
(b) She says that he always hurts her.
(c) She says that she is afraid to help him.
(d) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
8. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(b) An affair Henny had.
(c) Sam's affairs.
(d) Henny's incompetence about money.
9. What does Nellie teach Louie?
(a) French words.
(b) How to tie knots.
(c) How to plant trees.
(d) How to bake.
10. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
11. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a stimulant.
(b) As a comforter.
(c) As a sounding board.
(d) As a minister.
12. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
(b) The living room.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The billiard room.
13. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she bought the house.
(b) When she had children.
(c) When she gave up her inheritance.
(d) When she married Sam.
14. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
15. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(a) Nervous and lively.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
2. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
3. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
4. Where is Sam Pollit?
5. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)