|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny say she would like to do to Sam?
(a) Reward him for his hard work.
(b) Befriend him.
(c) Confess to him.
(d) Kill him.
2. Whose family home is Monocacy?
(a) Bert Anderson's.
3. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
5. Who is Norman Collyer?
(a) Henny's father.
(b) Sam Pollit's brother-in-law.
(c) Henny's brother.
(d) Sam Pollit's father-in-law.
6. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
(a) As the salt of the earth.
(b) As a stalwart supporter of the family.
(c) As irresponsible but charming.
(d) As a nuisance.
7. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
(a) The City.
(b) City Center.
8. Who is Nellie?
(a) Henny's father's mistress.
(b) A young maid.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A family friend.
9. Who is Archie Lessinum?
(a) Henny's old boyfriend.
(b) A housekeeper at Monocacy.
(c) Old Ellen's son-in-law.
(d) Henny's cousin.
10. What do Louie's cousins teacher her?
(a) How to tie knots.
(b) How to butcher pigs.
(c) How to write.
(d) How to hunt.
11. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
(a) She wants her as a servant.
(b) She wants her to stop gossiping.
(c) She wants her as a friend.
(d) She wants her to take the kids for some time.
12. What does Sam say he would like to create?
(a) A world without misfits.
(b) A world run by misfits.
(c) A shelter for degenerates.
(d) A cure for degenerates.
13. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
(a) She carries on, but her feelings blow over quickly.
(b) She denies everything.
(c) She flees into the woods.
(d) She is confused.
14. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she gave up her inheritance.
(b) When she married Sam.
(c) When she bought the house.
(d) When she had children.
15. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
(a) Her family is happy to have her.
(b) Her family lets her do whatever she wants.
(c) Her family neglects her and lets her have her freedom.
(d) She doesn't have to look after her siblings there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henny's friend tell her?
2. Who is Rachel?
3. Where is Henny's special place?
4. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
5. How old was Louie when her mother died?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)