|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) Sam's affairs.
(b) An affair Henny had.
(c) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(d) Henny's incompetence about money.
2. Sam pays for ______________.
(a) Bonnie to get married.
(b) More news of Colonel Willets.
(c) The baby's needs.
(d) The baby to be taken away.
3. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
(a) Steals money.
(b) Gives notice that she is leaving.
(c) Gets drunk and neglects her work.
(d) Becomes engaged to Mr. Gray.
4. What happens to Bonnie's baby?
(a) It dies.
(b) It is adopted.
(c) It is located.
(d) It is never found.
5. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
(b) She says that he always hurts her.
(c) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
(d) She says that she is afraid to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henny snap at when she is in a foul mood?
2. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
3. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
4. What does Sam say when Louie confesses to him?
5. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)