|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josephine Pollit carry on about?
(a) The justice of retribution on Colonel Willets.
(b) The beauty of the new baby.
(c) The strain a new baby will place on the family finances.
(d) The disrepute Bonnie has brought to the family.
2. What do Henny and Old Ellen talk about?
(a) Why couples split up.
(b) How to stay in a bad marriage.
(c) How women poison themselves.
(d) What do to about Sam's inappropriate relationship with the children.
3. How old was Louie when her mother died?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six years.
(c) Eighteen months.
4. What does Louie see when she looks into Henny's room?
(a) Henny beating Sam.
(b) Sam sitting with his head in his hands and Henny ranting.
(c) Sam and Henny talking softly.
(d) Henny standing over Sam with a razor in her hand.
5. What is Beulah's family business?
(a) Butchering chickens.
(b) Selling dry goods.
(c) Selling produce and farm products.
(d) Selling horses and cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louie's reaction when Sam reads her poetry?
2. How does Henny leave her argument with Bert Anderson?
3. Why does the Pollit family have to leave Georgetown?
4. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Sam and Colonel Willets?
5. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)