|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernie admire in his secret money box?
(a) His collection of lead.
(b) A set of old keys.
(c) Henny's foreign coins.
(d) His savings.
2. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Sam and Colonel Willets?
(a) Colonel Willets simply doesn't like Sam.
(b) Colonel Willets loathes Sam's intellectual background.
(c) Colonel Willets resents Sam's easy-going personality.
(d) Colonel Willets is afraid of Sam's ambition.
3. Why does Sam say he can't let Louie go?
(a) He has too many burdens.
(b) He needs her income.
(c) He can't afford to let her go.
(d) He needs her to stay.
4. What do the twins tell Sam about Ernie?
(a) He has been saving receipts.
(b) He has been collecting lead.
(c) He has been taking economics courses.
(d) He has been saving money.
5. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(c) Nervous and lively.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louie tell Sam about Henny's death?
2. What does Saul Pilgrim talk about when he comes to visit?
3. How does Sam anger Colonel Willets?
4. Where does Nellie say Louie is going to go?
5. What does Sam say to excuse Henny's behavior when she beats Ernie for no reason?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)