|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Sam after Henny gives birth?
(a) Louie is taking care of the baby.
(b) The house is full of people who have come to take care of the baby.
(c) She has hired a nurse.
(d) There is no one to take care of the baby.
2. What does the anonymous letter tell Sam?
(a) Louie is not his daughter.
(b) Charles-Franklin is not his son.
(c) He will not be starting his new job as he thought.
(d) Henny has been taking lovers.
3. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
(a) Run to their rooms.
(b) Get dinner ready.
(c) Run into the woods.
(d) Flock about, asking questions.
4. How long does Henny stay away from Spa House?
(a) An afternoon.
(b) Ten days.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
5. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
(b) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(c) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(d) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam say when Louie confesses to him?
2. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
3. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
4. Where does Louie go?
5. What is the state of Sam and Henny's relationship when Henny is making a gift for Cathleen?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)