|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henny meet in Washington D.C.?
(b) Hazel Moore.
(c) Bert Anderson.
(d) Old Ellen.
2. What does the anonymous letter tell Sam?
(a) Charles-Franklin is not his son.
(b) Henny has been taking lovers.
(c) He will not be starting his new job as he thought.
(d) Louie is not his daughter.
3. What does the Pollit family begin to prepare for after the homecoming celebration?
(a) David Collyer's funeral.
(b) Louie's graduation party.
(c) Sam's next departure.
(d) Henny's new baby.
4. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
(a) He overdoes it to compensate for being gone so often.
(b) He tries to ignore them as much as he can.
(c) He sleeps and rises by their needs.
(d) He never breaks promises to them.
5. Who is Hazel Moore?
(a) The gardener at Monocacy.
(b) The steward at Monocacy.
(c) Henny's father's mistress.
(d) The housekeeper at Monocacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Togoha House?
2. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
3. What does Nellie teach Louie?
4. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
5. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)