|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(d) Always hungry.
2. What happens to Sam in mid-summer?
(a) He is assigned to a post in Malaysia.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is suspended.
3. What is Henny's response when Sam confronts her?
(a) She would never have betrayed him, even in spite of his infidelities.
(b) She has every right to have affairs, considering his infidelities.
(c) He is a worthless person, who has no right to accuse her.
(d) She knows who wrote the letter.
4. What have the children become by the end of the summer?
(a) Expert fishermen.
(b) Little field biologists.
(c) Excellent poets.
(d) Disgusted with fishing.
5. What happens to Louie in her first days in high school?
(a) She implodes.
(b) She fades.
(c) She blossoms.
(d) She sinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
2. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
3. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
4. According to the narrator, Saul Pilgrim is the only person who will ______________.
5. Why does Sam say he can't let Louie go?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)