|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She had very dark hair.
(b) She had large eyes.
(c) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(d) She had porcelain skin.
2. Why does Sam say he can't let Louie go?
(a) He needs her to stay.
(b) He can't afford to let her go.
(c) He needs her income.
(d) He has too many burdens.
3. What is Sam's response to this event?
(a) He is determined to enjoy the summer.
(b) He consumes himself in preparing to present his case.
(c) He rants and raves about the injustice of it.
(d) He starts looking for work immediately.
4. What do Henny and Old Ellen talk about?
(a) What do to about Sam's inappropriate relationship with the children.
(b) How women poison themselves.
(c) Why couples split up.
(d) How to stay in a bad marriage.
5. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
(a) Henny's irresponsibility.
(b) Henny's sick father.
(c) Henny's health.
(d) Henny's hatred for Louie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Sam and Colonel Willets?
2. Sam pays for ______________.
3. What is the atmosphere like at Tohoga House when Jo arrives there?
4. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
5. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)