|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam tell Louie about?
(a) The suffering in his marriage.
(b) His affairs and her mother's anger.
(c) The brilliance of her future.
(d) The impending divorce.
2. What does Henny take from Ernie?
(a) His lead.
(b) Her old coins.
(c) His set of keys.
(d) His savings.
3. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
(a) Stop mothering.
(b) Stop working.
(c) Leave Sam.
(d) Hire another person.
4. In what way does Colonel Willets see David Collyer's death as an opportunity?
(a) Now he can extract more contributions from Sam.
(b) Now he can discredit Sam and have him removed from his post.
(c) Now he can make Sam loyal to him personally.
(d) Now he can toy with Sam's appointment, and drive him away from the institute.
5. What do Sam and Henny discover when David Collyer's will is read?
(a) Henny was specifically written out of the will.
(b) He was broke.
(c) Everything was left to Henny's siblings.
(d) David Collyer left it all to charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the anonymous letter tell Sam?
2. How does the narrator characterize Hassie's house?
3. What worries Henny after David Collyer's funeral?
4. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
5. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)