|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(d) Nervous and lively.
2. What news comes at the end of the celebration at Tohoga House?
(a) David Collyer is dead.
(b) Louie is missing.
(c) Josephine Pollit is dead.
(d) Archie Lessinum is dead.
3. What does Louie see when she looks into Henny's room?
(a) Sam sitting with his head in his hands and Henny ranting.
(b) Sam and Henny talking softly.
(c) Henny beating Sam.
(d) Henny standing over Sam with a razor in her hand.
4. What does Sam think Louie's reaction will be if he reads her poetry?
(a) She will be mortified.
(b) She will stop thinking of herself as so superior.
(c) She will be honored.
(d) She will be pleased.
5. What does Nellie teach Louie?
(a) How to plant trees.
(b) How to bake.
(c) How to tie knots.
(d) French words.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Colonel Willets see David Collyer's death as an opportunity?
2. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
3. How does Henny escape from the house?
4. What does the anonymous letter tell Sam?
5. What is Henny's response to the events of mid summer?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)