|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henny's response when Sam confronts her?
(a) He is a worthless person, who has no right to accuse her.
(b) She knows who wrote the letter.
(c) She has every right to have affairs, considering his infidelities.
(d) She would never have betrayed him, even in spite of his infidelities.
2. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
(a) Publishing articles.
(b) Making one's own community.
(c) Looking for specimens.
(d) The impending collapse of civilization.
3. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
(a) Loving and friendly.
(b) Strict and overbearing.
(c) Manipulative and squirrelly.
(d) Introverted and shy.
4. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
(a) Becomes engaged to Mr. Gray.
(b) Gets drunk and neglects her work.
(c) Gives notice that she is leaving.
(d) Steals money.
5. What does Sam say to excuse Henny's behavior when she beats Ernie for no reason?
(a) It is one of her moods.
(b) Ernie had it coming.
(c) She didn't mean it.
(d) These things happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
2. What does Henny's friend tell her?
3. What does the narrator say Ernie is deeply concerned about?
4. What does Sam say about Ernie's character?
5. Where is Sam Pollit?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)