|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bert Anderson disappoint Henny?
(a) He does not have money to give her.
(b) He refuses to listen to her complain.
(c) He walks away from their conversation.
(d) He tells her to count her blessings.
2. What do Henny and Old Ellen talk about?
(a) Why couples split up.
(b) How women poison themselves.
(c) What do to about Sam's inappropriate relationship with the children.
(d) How to stay in a bad marriage.
3. How does the narrator say Henny's moods change?
(a) They mellow.
(b) They become angrier.
(c) They become more vile.
(d) They become more changeable.
4. Bonnie keeps asking ______________.
(a) About the baby's father.
(b) For her baby.
(c) To see a nurse.
(d) To return home.
5. What makes Sam furious after the reading of the will?
(a) Henny was overlooked like she was.
(b) David Collyer hadn't spoken to him about his will before he died.
(c) Almost all the property will have to be sold.
(d) His plans for further expeditions will have to be delayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
2. What are Louie's feelings about what she has done?
3. What does the anonymous letter tell Sam?
4. Who is Saul Pilgrim?
5. Who is Archie Lessinum?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)