|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
2. What does Sam say when Louie confesses to him?
(a) He was going to do it himself.
(b) He has to report her.
(c) He does not believe her.
(d) She did the right thing.
3. What does Louie tell her father she wants to do?
(a) Leave Spa House.
(b) Kill Henny.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Kill herself.
4. What 'crime' does Nellie hold against Louie?
(a) The time she took flowers from someone's yard to give a neighbor.
(b) She time she got sick and needed to be taken care of.
(c) The time she forgot her homework.
(d) The time she lost her keys.
5. What happens to Louie in her first days in high school?
(a) She fades.
(b) She implodes.
(c) She blossoms.
(d) She sinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the children become by the end of the summer?
2. What does the narrator say Ernie is deeply concerned about?
3. What does Sam offer Bonnie?
4. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
5. How does the narrator characterize the house Sam finds?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)