|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny take from Ernie?
(a) His set of keys.
(b) His lead.
(c) His savings.
(d) Her old coins.
2. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
(a) Leave Sam.
(b) Stop working.
(c) Stop mothering.
(d) Hire another person.
3. What is Henny's response when Sam confronts her?
(a) She knows who wrote the letter.
(b) She would never have betrayed him, even in spite of his infidelities.
(c) He is a worthless person, who has no right to accuse her.
(d) She has every right to have affairs, considering his infidelities.
4. What worries Henny after David Collyer's funeral?
(a) When they will be evicted.
(b) Where they will get money from.
(c) How she will get through the summer without Louie or Hazel Moore.
(d) Who she can ask for money.
5. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
(a) He cannot recommend those books for her.
(b) She should forget their parents.
(c) She needs to learn how to live with what she has.
(d) He is glad to help her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louie tell Sam about Henny's death?
2. Who is Saul Pilgrim?
3. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Sam and Colonel Willets?
4. How does Henny leave her argument with Bert Anderson?
5. Who is Hazel Moore?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)