|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnie tell Sam?
(a) She will get married.
(b) She will never see the baby's father.
(c) She wants to die.
(d) She will marry him.
2. How has the trip changed Sam?
(a) He is more expressive.
(b) He drinks more.
(c) He is more restrained.
(d) He is more optimistic.
3. What does Nellie teach Louie?
(a) How to tie knots.
(b) How to plant trees.
(c) French words.
(d) How to bake.
4. What is Togoha House?
(a) The Governor's mansion.
(b) The Pollit's residence.
(c) The dorm where Louie Pollit lives.
(d) Sam Pollit's workplace.
5. What is the state of Sam and Henny's relationship when Henny is making a gift for Cathleen?
(a) It's not clear to either of them, what with the move.
(b) It's disintegrated.
(c) It's healthier.
(d) It's the same as it ever was.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Henny's favorite?
2. Why is Henny irritated by the children writing letters to Sam in Malaysia?
3. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
4. What does Sam think Louie's reaction will be if he reads her poetry?
5. What is this conclusion of the book called?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)