|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
(a) As his representative.
(b) As his boss.
(c) As a guest.
(d) As equals.
2. Why doesn't Sam tell Henny this news?
(a) She is about to go into labor.
(b) She will ruin the party.
(c) She doesn't want to know it.
(d) He is saving it for the right moment.
3. What 'crime' does Nellie hold against Louie?
(a) The time she took flowers from someone's yard to give a neighbor.
(b) The time she lost her keys.
(c) The time she forgot her homework.
(d) She time she got sick and needed to be taken care of.
4. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(b) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
(c) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(d) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
5. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) First person.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Sam and Colonel Willets?
2. According to the narrator, Saul Pilgrim is the only person who will ______________.
3. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
4. How old is Josephine Pollit?
5. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)