|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam challenge Louie to write poetry?
(a) Jo had published a poem in the paper.
(b) He learned to write poems in Malaysia.
(c) He wanted to give her an assignment she would fail at.
(d) He knew it would make Henny furious.
2. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
(a) A large promotion.
(b) More authority over his department.
(c) A year of travel.
(d) Travel expenses.
3. Who is Norman Collyer?
(a) Henny's father.
(b) Sam Pollit's father-in-law.
(c) Henny's brother.
(d) Sam Pollit's brother-in-law.
4. What upsets Sam after Henny gives birth?
(a) She has hired a nurse.
(b) There is no one to take care of the baby.
(c) Louie is taking care of the baby.
(d) The house is full of people who have come to take care of the baby.
5. What happens to Bonnie in the end of the book?
(a) She comes back to the house.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She marries Sam.
(d) She is institutionalized.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cathleen?
2. Louie says Spa House is filled with __________________.
3. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
4. What does Henny snap at when she is in a foul mood?
5. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)