|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
(a) She lives with Henny and the children part-time.
(b) In an annual summer visit.
(c) In constant short visits throughout the year.
(d) She hardly saw them except briefly at holidays.
2. What is Henny's response to the events of mid summer?
(a) She falls into a deep depression.
(b) She ignores all signs of trouble.
(c) She buckles down and begins to cut back on her expenses.
(d) She feels deserted.
3. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
4. What is the atmosphere like at Tohoga House when Jo arrives there?
5. How does Henny escape from the house?
(a) She locks herself in her room.
(b) She disappears.
(c) She goes to Washington D.C.
(d) She goes for a long walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Monocacy in when the Pollits arrive there in Chapter 5, Part 2?
2. What embarrasses Louie about going to school?
3. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
4. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
5. What is Beulah's family business?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)