|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Louie when her mother died?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six years.
(d) Six months.
2. What does Cathleen love more than anything?
3. In what way does Colonel Willets see David Collyer's death as an opportunity?
(a) Now he can toy with Sam's appointment, and drive him away from the institute.
(b) Now he can discredit Sam and have him removed from his post.
(c) Now he can make Sam loyal to him personally.
(d) Now he can extract more contributions from Sam.
4. What is Louie's relationship with Henny?
(a) Henny is her aunt.
(b) Henny is her step-mother.
(c) Henny is her cousin.
(d) Henny is her mother.
5. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
(a) As a burden.
(b) As a brat.
(c) As an angel.
(d) As a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the house Sam finds?
2. What does Henny take from Ernie?
3. Why doesn't Sam tell Henny this news?
4. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
5. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)