|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
(a) As a brat.
(b) As a burden.
(c) As an angel.
(d) As a gift.
2. How do things change in the house after Sam returns home?
(a) Sam spends a lot of time writing letters.
(b) Henny moves out.
(c) Everything in the house gets a new Malay name.
(d) Sam moves in all of his Eastern furniture.
3. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
(a) City Center.
(d) The City.
4. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(b) Henny's incompetence about money.
(c) An affair Henny had.
(d) Sam's affairs.
5. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
(a) Travel expenses.
(b) A large promotion.
(c) More authority over his department.
(d) A year of travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Sam furious after the reading of the will?
2. Sam and the other children make fun of Ernie for _____________.
3. What does the anonymous letter tell Sam?
4. How has the trip changed Sam?
5. What is Beulah's family business?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)