|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
(a) She doesn't have to look after her siblings there.
(b) Her family lets her do whatever she wants.
(c) Her family neglects her and lets her have her freedom.
(d) Her family is happy to have her.
2. What does Henny take from Ernie?
(a) Her old coins.
(b) His savings.
(c) His lead.
(d) His set of keys.
3. What happens to Sam in mid-summer?
(a) He is promoted.
(b) He is suspended.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is assigned to a post in Malaysia.
4. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a sounding board.
(b) As a minister.
(c) As a comforter.
(d) As a stimulant.
5. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
(a) His data proved a theory.
(b) He is appointed to an Anthropological Mission.
(c) He received an award for Field Biology.
(d) He located an intact specimen of an extinct species.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Sam after Henny gives birth?
2. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
3. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
4. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
5. How does Clare approach her poverty?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)