|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the atmosphere like at Tohoga House when Jo arrives there?
2. What mistake has the Smithsonian made that infuriates Colonel Willets?
(a) They expected Sam and Colonel Willets to pay for their own expenses.
(b) They understood Sam to be the head of the expedition.
(c) They misunderstood Colonel Willets' requests for more assistance, and cut his budget instead.
(d) They refused to answer any of Colonel Willets' inquiries.
3. What does Saul Pilgrim talk about when he comes to visit?
4. What does Henny complain about?
(a) The children.
(b) Being poor.
(c) Sam's ego.
(d) Living so far from town.
5. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(b) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(c) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
(d) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
2. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
3. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
4. What embarrasses Louie about going to school?
5. What does Sam tell Louie about?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)