|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henny meet in Washington D.C.?
(a) Bert Anderson.
(b) Hazel Moore.
(c) Old Ellen.
2. How has the trip changed Sam?
(a) He drinks more.
(b) He is more restrained.
(c) He is more expressive.
(d) He is more optimistic.
3. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
(a) She lives with Henny and the children part-time.
(b) In constant short visits throughout the year.
(c) In an annual summer visit.
(d) She hardly saw them except briefly at holidays.
4. What is Henny's response to the events of mid summer?
(a) She feels deserted.
(b) She ignores all signs of trouble.
(c) She falls into a deep depression.
(d) She buckles down and begins to cut back on her expenses.
5. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
2. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
3. In what way does Colonel Willets see David Collyer's death as an opportunity?
4. How does Bert Anderson disappoint Henny?
5. How old is Josephine Pollit?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)