|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam's status in terms of work, in Chapter 9?
(a) He is still not working, but has a promise of work.
(b) He has been told that he is unemployable.
(c) He has a new job.
(d) He is still looking for work.
2. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a sounding board.
(b) As a minister.
(c) As a comforter.
(d) As a stimulant.
3. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
(a) He received an award for Field Biology.
(b) He is appointed to an Anthropological Mission.
(c) His data proved a theory.
(d) He located an intact specimen of an extinct species.
4. What upsets Sam after Henny gives birth?
(a) Louie is taking care of the baby.
(b) She has hired a nurse.
(c) The house is full of people who have come to take care of the baby.
(d) There is no one to take care of the baby.
5. What have Henny and Hazel Moore been arguing over?
(b) Mr. Gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bert Anderson disappoint Henny?
2. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
3. Where is Henny's special place?
4. Who is Norman Collyer?
5. What does the Pollit family begin to prepare for after the homecoming celebration?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)