|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sam in mid-summer?
(a) He is promoted.
(b) He is suspended.
(c) He is assigned to a post in Malaysia.
(d) He is fired.
2. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
(a) In the woods.
(b) At work.
3. What does Henny say she wishes the children would do?
(a) Chip in on chores.
(b) Finish their homework.
(d) Take care of themselves.
4. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
(a) She carries on, but her feelings blow over quickly.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She denies everything.
(d) She flees into the woods.
5. How does Henny leave her argument with Bert Anderson?
(a) She takes some time to think about things.
(b) She repairs the conversation.
(c) She tells Bert that she doesn't want to hear from him until he apologizes.
(d) She severs the friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beulah's family business?
2. Who is Saul Pilgrim?
3. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
4. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
5. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)