|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
(a) Henny's irresponsibility.
(b) Henny's sick father.
(c) Henny's health.
(d) Henny's hatred for Louie.
2. Where is Sam Pollit?
(a) He disappeared when the children were small.
(c) On an expedition.
(d) At work.
3. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that she is afraid to help him.
(b) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
(c) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
(d) She says that he always hurts her.
4. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
(a) A death.
(b) An illness.
(c) Bonnie's affair.
(d) A car accident.
5. What does Saul Pilgrim tell Sam?
(a) To go over Colonel Willets' head.
(b) To look for new work.
(c) To go after Colonel Willets.
(d) To be careful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Sam opens the crates he brought home from Malaysia?
2. Who is Archie Lessinum?
3. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
4. What do Louie's siblings taunt her about?
5. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)