|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the atmosphere like at Tohoga House when Jo arrives there?
2. What does Ernie admire in his secret money box?
(a) His savings.
(b) Henny's foreign coins.
(c) His collection of lead.
(d) A set of old keys.
3. What does Henny take from Ernie?
(a) Her old coins.
(b) His set of keys.
(c) His savings.
(d) His lead.
4. Why does Sam dislike alcohol in his house?
(a) It clouds the mind.
(b) His religion prohibits alcohol.
(c) He was an alcoholic once.
(d) It makes people unruly and rebellious against him.
5. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She does not pay her any notice.
(b) She trusts the children to her.
(c) She insults her constantly.
(d) She fawns over her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
2. Who is Josephine Pollit?
3. How does Clare approach her poverty?
4. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
5. Who is Beulah?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)