|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
(a) She doesn't have to look after her siblings there.
(b) Her family is happy to have her.
(c) Her family lets her do whatever she wants.
(d) Her family neglects her and lets her have her freedom.
2. What happens when Sam opens the crates he brought home from Malaysia?
(a) People are excited, but some are unhappy with their small gifts.
(b) The scene is disrupted by Henny going into labor.
(c) He is embarrassed to have forgotten a number of people.
(d) Everyone is thrilled with their gifts.
3. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
(a) At work.
(c) In the woods.
4. Where does Beulah live?
(a) Washington D.C.
(d) Harper's Ferry.
5. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
(a) The parlor.
(c) The living room.
(d) The billiard room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
2. What does Louie see when she looks into Henny's room?
3. How does Clare approach her poverty?
4. What does Henny say she wishes the children would do?
5. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)