|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam's status in terms of work, in Chapter 9?
(a) He is still looking for work.
(b) He has a new job.
(c) He is still not working, but has a promise of work.
(d) He has been told that he is unemployable.
2. What does Henny accuse Bert Anderson of?
(a) Hating her.
(b) Secretly loving her.
(c) Being selfish.
(d) Sleeping around.
3. What does the Pollit family begin to prepare for after the homecoming celebration?
(a) Henny's new baby.
(b) David Collyer's funeral.
(c) Louie's graduation party.
(d) Sam's next departure.
4. How do things change in the house after Sam returns home?
(a) Sam spends a lot of time writing letters.
(b) Henny moves out.
(c) Sam moves in all of his Eastern furniture.
(d) Everything in the house gets a new Malay name.
5. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that he always hurts her.
(b) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
(c) She says that she is afraid to help him.
(d) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
2. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
3. What happens to Louie in her first days in high school?
4. Who is Rachel?
5. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)