|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(d) Nervous and lively.
2. What does Sam think Louie's reaction will be if he reads her poetry?
(a) She will be mortified.
(b) She will stop thinking of herself as so superior.
(c) She will be pleased.
(d) She will be honored.
3. What does Henny take from Ernie?
(a) His savings.
(b) His set of keys.
(c) His lead.
(d) Her old coins.
4. What happens when Sam opens the crates he brought home from Malaysia?
(a) The scene is disrupted by Henny going into labor.
(b) Everyone is thrilled with their gifts.
(c) He is embarrassed to have forgotten a number of people.
(d) People are excited, but some are unhappy with their small gifts.
5. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His dead mother.
(b) His garden.
(c) His father.
(d) His childhood home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
2. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
3. What does Sam tell Louie about?
4. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
5. Who is Beulah?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)