|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
(c) The City.
(d) City Center.
2. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
3. How does the narrator characterize the house Sam finds?
(a) It needs work.
(b) It is splendid.
(c) It is a wreck.
(d) It will have to be totally rebuilt.
4. What does Sam say about Ernie's character?
(a) His morals have disimproved.
(b) He has gone rotten.
(c) He has lost his senses.
(d) He has matured.
5. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
(c) Seething with resentments.
(d) Bubbling with children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is clear has happened since Henny left Tohoga House?
2. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
3. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
4. What is Togoha House?
5. What does Sam swear to Henny?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)