|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
(a) They were in love.
(b) The marriage was arranged.
(c) A sense of honor.
(d) Her family needed him to take care of her.
2. What happens to Louie in her first days in high school?
(a) She sinks.
(b) She implodes.
(c) She fades.
(d) She blossoms.
3. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She trusts the children to her.
(b) She does not pay her any notice.
(c) She insults her constantly.
(d) She fawns over her.
4. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
(a) Loving and friendly.
(b) Introverted and shy.
(c) Manipulative and squirrelly.
(d) Strict and overbearing.
5. What had Sam brought back from Malaysia in the crates?
(a) Small animals and biological samples.
(b) Vases and silks.
(c) Books and illustrations.
(d) Trinkets and worthless things.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
2. Who is Cathleen?
3. Who is Beulah?
4. When does Henny say she was tricked?
5. What does Henny complain about?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)