|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sam Pollit?
(a) On an expedition.
(c) He disappeared when the children were small.
(d) At work.
2. What does Henny complain about?
(a) The children.
(b) Sam's ego.
(c) Living so far from town.
(d) Being poor.
3. What do Louie's cousins teacher her?
(a) How to write.
(b) How to butcher pigs.
(c) How to hunt.
(d) How to tie knots.
4. What does Sam tell Louie about?
(a) His affairs and her mother's anger.
(b) The suffering in his marriage.
(c) The impending divorce.
(d) The brilliance of her future.
5. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she married Sam.
(b) When she gave up her inheritance.
(c) When she had children.
(d) When she bought the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
2. What is Henny's response when Sam confronts her?
3. How does Henny react to the news about her father's will?
4. Why does the Pollit family have to leave Georgetown?
5. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)