|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Colonel Willets see David Collyer's death as an opportunity?
(a) Now he can make Sam loyal to him personally.
(b) Now he can extract more contributions from Sam.
(c) Now he can toy with Sam's appointment, and drive him away from the institute.
(d) Now he can discredit Sam and have him removed from his post.
2. How does Clare approach her poverty?
(a) By letting people walk all over her.
(b) By laughing at it.
(c) By shrinking inside herself.
(d) By apologizing all the time.
3. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
(a) The marriage was arranged.
(b) A sense of honor.
(c) Her family needed him to take care of her.
(d) They were in love.
4. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His childhood home.
(b) His father.
(c) His dead mother.
(d) His garden.
5. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
(a) As an angel.
(b) As a burden.
(c) As a brat.
(d) As a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake has the Smithsonian made that infuriates Colonel Willets?
2. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
3. How has the trip changed Sam?
4. Where is the house Sam finds?
5. What 'crime' does Nellie hold against Louie?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)