|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) An affair Henny had.
(b) Sam's affairs.
(c) Henny's incompetence about money.
(d) Henny's hatred for Louie.
2. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
(a) More authority over his department.
(b) A large promotion.
(c) A year of travel.
(d) Travel expenses.
3. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She does not pay her any notice.
(b) She fawns over her.
(c) She insults her constantly.
(d) She trusts the children to her.
4. How does Sam anger Colonel Willets?
(a) By working so hard that no one else needs to contribute much.
(b) By claiming everything as his own work.
(c) By responding pleasantly to his rudeness.
(d) By refusing to tell Colonel Willets about funding opportunities.
5. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His father.
(b) His garden.
(c) His dead mother.
(d) His childhood home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Louie in her first days in high school?
2. What happens to Sam in mid-summer?
3. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
4. How does the narrator characterize the house Sam finds?
5. Why does Henny like going to Washington D.C.?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)