|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Sam after Henny gives birth?
(a) The house is full of people who have come to take care of the baby.
(b) Louie is taking care of the baby.
(c) There is no one to take care of the baby.
(d) She has hired a nurse.
2. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
(a) He is always coming and going; she is trapped.
(b) He has control over everything; she only has control over the children, sometimes.
(c) He lives on the earth; she lives in the atmosphere.
(d) He lives in a floating cloud; she lives in the back alleys.
3. Why does the Pollit family have to leave Georgetown?
(a) They are no longer welcome there.
(b) They are following Sam to a new appointment.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) They have too many debts there.
4. Why does Sam dislike alcohol in his house?
(a) He was an alcoholic once.
(b) His religion prohibits alcohol.
(c) It makes people unruly and rebellious against him.
(d) It clouds the mind.
5. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He agrees, on conditions.
(c) He sends her what she wants.
(d) He does not answer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sam Pollit?
2. What worries Henny after David Collyer's funeral?
3. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
4. What do Henny and Old Ellen talk about?
5. What have Henny and Hazel Moore been arguing over?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)