|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Sam opens the crates he brought home from Malaysia?
(a) The scene is disrupted by Henny going into labor.
(b) He is embarrassed to have forgotten a number of people.
(c) People are excited, but some are unhappy with their small gifts.
(d) Everyone is thrilled with their gifts.
2. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
(a) Looking for specimens.
(b) Publishing articles.
(c) Making one's own community.
(d) The impending collapse of civilization.
3. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
4. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He sends her what she wants.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) He agrees, on conditions.
(d) He refuses.
5. What is Beulah's family business?
(a) Selling horses and cattle.
(b) Selling produce and farm products.
(c) Selling dry goods.
(d) Butchering chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
2. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
3. What makes Sam furious after the reading of the will?
4. How does Sam anger Colonel Willets?
5. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)