|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam anger Colonel Willets?
(a) By refusing to tell Colonel Willets about funding opportunities.
(b) By working so hard that no one else needs to contribute much.
(c) By claiming everything as his own work.
(d) By responding pleasantly to his rudeness.
2. What mistake has the Smithsonian made that infuriates Colonel Willets?
(a) They refused to answer any of Colonel Willets' inquiries.
(b) They misunderstood Colonel Willets' requests for more assistance, and cut his budget instead.
(c) They understood Sam to be the head of the expedition.
(d) They expected Sam and Colonel Willets to pay for their own expenses.
3. In what way does Colonel Willets see David Collyer's death as an opportunity?
(a) Now he can extract more contributions from Sam.
(b) Now he can discredit Sam and have him removed from his post.
(c) Now he can toy with Sam's appointment, and drive him away from the institute.
(d) Now he can make Sam loyal to him personally.
4. Who is Archie Lessinum?
(a) A housekeeper at Monocacy.
(b) Old Ellen's son-in-law.
(c) Henny's old boyfriend.
(d) Henny's cousin.
5. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
(a) She says that she is a bastard.
(b) She pokes her.
(c) She berates her when she makes mistakes.
(d) She accuses her of other children's mistakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
2. What does Sam tell Louie about?
3. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
4. Who is Henny's favorite?
5. What happens to Sam in mid-summer?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)