|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam's response to this event?
(a) He starts looking for work immediately.
(b) He is determined to enjoy the summer.
(c) He consumes himself in preparing to present his case.
(d) He rants and raves about the injustice of it.
2. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She had porcelain skin.
(b) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(c) She had large eyes.
(d) She had very dark hair.
3. Who is Archie Lessinum?
(a) Henny's old boyfriend.
(b) Henny's cousin.
(c) A housekeeper at Monocacy.
(d) Old Ellen's son-in-law.
4. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
(b) She says that he always hurts her.
(c) She says that she is afraid to help him.
(d) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
5. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
(a) Cooks for the children.
(b) Goes looking to bring her back.
(c) Gathers the children around her.
(d) Keeps the children away from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
2. What does Henny complain about?
3. Who is Nellie?
4. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
5. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)