|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Togoha House?
(a) Sam Pollit's workplace.
(b) The Governor's mansion.
(c) The Pollit's residence.
(d) The dorm where Louie Pollit lives.
2. What worries Henny after David Collyer's funeral?
(a) How she will get through the summer without Louie or Hazel Moore.
(b) Where they will get money from.
(c) When they will be evicted.
(d) Who she can ask for money.
3. Why does Sam dislike alcohol in his house?
(a) His religion prohibits alcohol.
(b) It makes people unruly and rebellious against him.
(c) He was an alcoholic once.
(d) It clouds the mind.
4. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
(a) An illness.
(b) A car accident.
(c) Bonnie's affair.
(d) A death.
5. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
(a) She flees into the woods.
(b) She carries on, but her feelings blow over quickly.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She denies everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
2. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
3. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
4. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
5. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)