|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam anger Colonel Willets?
(a) By claiming everything as his own work.
(b) By working so hard that no one else needs to contribute much.
(c) By refusing to tell Colonel Willets about funding opportunities.
(d) By responding pleasantly to his rudeness.
2. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
(a) As irresponsible but charming.
(b) As a nuisance.
(c) As the salt of the earth.
(d) As a stalwart supporter of the family.
3. Why does Sam dislike alcohol in his house?
(a) He was an alcoholic once.
(b) His religion prohibits alcohol.
(c) It makes people unruly and rebellious against him.
(d) It clouds the mind.
4. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
(a) Hire another person.
(b) Stop working.
(c) Stop mothering.
(d) Leave Sam.
5. How does the narrator characterize the house Sam finds?
(a) It needs work.
(b) It will have to be totally rebuilt.
(c) It is splendid.
(d) It is a wreck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Pollit family have to leave Georgetown?
2. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
3. Where is Henny's special place?
4. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
5. Who is Rachel?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)