|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Pollit family begin to prepare for after the homecoming celebration?
(a) Henny's new baby.
(b) David Collyer's funeral.
(c) Sam's next departure.
(d) Louie's graduation party.
2. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
(a) She has never had to pay for her mistakes.
(b) She only thinks of other people.
(c) She never makes any mistakes.
(d) She never thinks of anyone but herself.
3. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
(a) Manipulative and squirrelly.
(b) Loving and friendly.
(c) Strict and overbearing.
(d) Introverted and shy.
4. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
(a) They were in love.
(b) A sense of honor.
(c) Her family needed him to take care of her.
(d) The marriage was arranged.
5. What had Sam brought back from Malaysia in the crates?
(a) Vases and silks.
(b) Trinkets and worthless things.
(c) Books and illustrations.
(d) Small animals and biological samples.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hazel Moore?
2. What is Sam's response to this event?
3. What news comes at the end of the celebration at Tohoga House?
4. What state is Monocacy in when the Pollits arrive there in Chapter 5, Part 2?
5. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)