|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
(a) The parlor.
(c) The living room.
(d) The billiard room.
2. Where is Sam Pollit?
(a) He disappeared when the children were small.
(b) On an expedition.
(c) At work.
3. What does Nellie teach Louie?
(a) How to plant trees.
(b) How to bake.
(c) How to tie knots.
(d) French words.
4. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
(b) Bubbling with children.
(c) Seething with resentments.
5. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(b) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(c) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(d) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the house Sam finds?
2. What does Henny say she would like to do to Sam?
3. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
4. What does the Pollit family begin to prepare for after the homecoming celebration?
5. What is Sam's response to this event?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)