|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(d) Nervous and lively.
2. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(b) She had large eyes.
(c) She had porcelain skin.
(d) She had very dark hair.
3. What upsets Sam after Henny gives birth?
(a) There is no one to take care of the baby.
(b) The house is full of people who have come to take care of the baby.
(c) She has hired a nurse.
(d) Louie is taking care of the baby.
4. Why does Sam dislike alcohol in his house?
(a) It clouds the mind.
(b) He was an alcoholic once.
(c) It makes people unruly and rebellious against him.
(d) His religion prohibits alcohol.
5. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He sends her what she wants.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He does not answer.
(d) He agrees, on conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
2. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
3. Louie says Spa House is filled with __________________.
4. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
5. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)