|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the trip changed Sam?
(a) He drinks more.
(b) He is more expressive.
(c) He is more restrained.
(d) He is more optimistic.
2. How do things change in the house after Sam returns home?
(a) Henny moves out.
(b) Sam moves in all of his Eastern furniture.
(c) Sam spends a lot of time writing letters.
(d) Everything in the house gets a new Malay name.
3. What happens to Sam in mid-summer?
(a) He is suspended.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He is assigned to a post in Malaysia.
(d) He is fired.
4. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
(a) Steals money.
(b) Becomes engaged to Mr. Gray.
(c) Gets drunk and neglects her work.
(d) Gives notice that she is leaving.
5. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
(a) Henny's health.
(b) Henny's sick father.
(c) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(d) Henny's irresponsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henny plans to ask her friend for ___________.
2. What news comes at the end of the celebration at Tohoga House?
3. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
4. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
5. What does Sam say he would like to create?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)