|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam swear to Henny?
(a) His affairs don't matter to him.
(b) He has been faithful since his last lapse.
(c) He has never cheated on her.
(d) He loves her more than anything.
2. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
3. What is Togoha House?
(a) The Pollit's residence.
(b) Sam Pollit's workplace.
(c) The dorm where Louie Pollit lives.
(d) The Governor's mansion.
4. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
(a) Fat and slow.
(b) Tall with blond hair.
(c) Short and plump.
(d) Lanky and aloof.
5. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Beulah?
2. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
3. What does Henny complain about?
4. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
5. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)