|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Louie when her mother died?
(a) Six years.
(b) Eighteen months.
(d) Six months.
2. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
(a) She accuses her of other children's mistakes.
(b) She says that she is a bastard.
(c) She berates her when she makes mistakes.
(d) She pokes her.
3. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
(a) Steals money.
(b) Becomes engaged to Mr. Gray.
(c) Gives notice that she is leaving.
(d) Gets drunk and neglects her work.
4. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
(a) As a guest.
(b) As his boss.
(c) As equals.
(d) As his representative.
5. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
(a) He is appointed to an Anthropological Mission.
(b) His data proved a theory.
(c) He located an intact specimen of an extinct species.
(d) He received an award for Field Biology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam swear to Henny?
2. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
3. Whose family home is Monocacy?
4. Where does Beulah live?
5. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)