|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny complain about?
(a) Living so far from town.
(b) Being poor.
(c) The children.
(d) Sam's ego.
2. What have Henny and Hazel Moore been arguing over?
(c) Mr. Gray.
3. Who is Norman Collyer?
(a) Henny's father.
(b) Sam Pollit's brother-in-law.
(c) Henny's brother.
(d) Sam Pollit's father-in-law.
4. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
(a) Benevolent and fun.
(b) Strict and overbearing.
(c) Manipulative and squirrelly.
(d) Introverted and shy.
5. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
(a) He didn't know anything about children.
(b) He would be a friend to the children.
(c) He was great with children.
(d) He had no interest in the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
2. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
3. Who is Josephine Pollit?
4. Where does Nellie say Louie is going to go?
5. Who is Nellie?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)