|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Archie Lessinum?
(a) A housekeeper at Monocacy.
(b) Henny's old boyfriend.
(c) Old Ellen's son-in-law.
(d) Henny's cousin.
2. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
3. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He agrees, on conditions.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He sends her what she wants.
4. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
(a) As a stalwart supporter of the family.
(b) As a nuisance.
(c) As irresponsible but charming.
(d) As the salt of the earth.
5. Who is Josephine Pollit?
(a) Sam's aunt.
(b) Sam's cousin.
(c) Sam's older sister.
(d) Sam's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
2. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
3. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
4. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
5. What state is Monocacy in when the Pollits arrive there in Chapter 5, Part 2?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)