|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam say he would like to create?
(a) A shelter for degenerates.
(b) A cure for degenerates.
(c) A world run by misfits.
(d) A world without misfits.
2. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
(a) As a stalwart supporter of the family.
(b) As a nuisance.
(c) As the salt of the earth.
(d) As irresponsible but charming.
3. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
(a) She accuses her of other children's mistakes.
(b) She berates her when she makes mistakes.
(c) She pokes her.
(d) She says that she is a bastard.
4. Where is Sam Pollit?
(b) At work.
(c) On an expedition.
(d) He disappeared when the children were small.
5. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
(a) He cannot recommend those books for her.
(b) He is glad to help her.
(c) She should forget their parents.
(d) She needs to learn how to live with what she has.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
2. What does Sam tell Louie about?
3. Henny plans to ask her friend for ___________.
4. What does Sam say he wants from Josephine Pollit when she arrives?
5. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)