|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
(a) He lives on the earth; she lives in the atmosphere.
(b) He has control over everything; she only has control over the children, sometimes.
(c) He lives in a floating cloud; she lives in the back alleys.
(d) He is always coming and going; she is trapped.
2. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
(a) Gives notice that she is leaving.
(b) Steals money.
(c) Becomes engaged to Mr. Gray.
(d) Gets drunk and neglects her work.
3. Where does Beulah live?
(a) Harper's Ferry.
(b) Washington D.C.
4. What do Louie's cousins teacher her?
(a) How to write.
(b) How to hunt.
(c) How to tie knots.
(d) How to butcher pigs.
5. Who is Nellie?
(a) Henny's father's mistress.
(b) A young maid.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A family friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hazel Moore?
2. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
3. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
4. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
5. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)