|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
(a) In an annual summer visit.
(b) She lives with Henny and the children part-time.
(c) In constant short visits throughout the year.
(d) She hardly saw them except briefly at holidays.
2. How old was Louie when her mother died?
(b) Six months.
(c) Six years.
(d) Eighteen months.
3. What does Sam tell Louie about?
(a) The brilliance of her future.
(b) The suffering in his marriage.
(c) The impending divorce.
(d) His affairs and her mother's anger.
4. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
(a) He is less protective of the children.
(b) He tries to teach them, but she doesn't.
(c) He doesn't know them at all, whereas she knows them intimately.
(d) He is friendly with them, whereas she treats them all like enemies.
5. Where does Beulah live?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) Harper's Ferry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louie's relationship with Henny?
2. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
3. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
4. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
5. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)