|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Beulah?
(a) Louie's cousin.
(b) Henny's sister.
(c) Sam's first wife.
(d) Louie's mother.
2. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
(a) He overdoes it to compensate for being gone so often.
(b) He tries to ignore them as much as he can.
(c) He sleeps and rises by their needs.
(d) He never breaks promises to them.
3. What does Henny complain about?
(a) The children.
(b) Being poor.
(c) Sam's ego.
(d) Living so far from town.
4. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To do well in school.
(b) To make her proud.
(c) To never beg.
(d) To mind their parents.
5. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
(a) Lanky and aloof.
(b) Fat and slow.
(c) Short and plump.
(d) Tall with blond hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
2. Why is Henny irritated by the children writing letters to Sam in Malaysia?
3. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
4. What is Beulah's family business?
5. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)