|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She does not pay her any notice.
(b) She trusts the children to her.
(c) She fawns over her.
(d) She insults her constantly.
2. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(b) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(c) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(d) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
3. Who does Henny meet in Washington D.C.?
(a) Old Ellen.
(c) Hazel Moore.
(d) Bert Anderson.
4. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
(a) The living room.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The billiard room.
5. What does Sam say he wants from Josephine Pollit when she arrives?
(b) A song.
(c) An apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
2. Who is Nellie?
3. Whose family home is Monocacy?
4. What is Louie's relationship with Henny?
5. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)