|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake has the Smithsonian made that infuriates Colonel Willets?
(a) They refused to answer any of Colonel Willets' inquiries.
(b) They understood Sam to be the head of the expedition.
(c) They expected Sam and Colonel Willets to pay for their own expenses.
(d) They misunderstood Colonel Willets' requests for more assistance, and cut his budget instead.
2. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She fawns over her.
(b) She does not pay her any notice.
(c) She insults her constantly.
(d) She trusts the children to her.
3. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
(a) She carries on, but her feelings blow over quickly.
(b) She denies everything.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She flees into the woods.
4. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
(a) Seething with resentments.
(c) Bubbling with children.
5. What does Nellie teach Louie?
(a) How to tie knots.
(b) French words.
(c) How to bake.
(d) How to plant trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam say he wants from Josephine Pollit when she arrives?
2. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
3. What state is Monocacy in when the Pollits arrive there in Chapter 5, Part 2?
4. Where is Henny's special place?
5. Why is Henny irritated by the children writing letters to Sam in Malaysia?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)