|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To mind their parents.
(b) To do well in school.
(c) To make her proud.
(d) To never beg.
2. How old is Josephine Pollit?
(b) No one is sure.
3. Who is Nellie?
(a) Henny's father's mistress.
(b) A young maid.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A family friend.
4. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She insults her constantly.
(b) She fawns over her.
(c) She trusts the children to her.
(d) She does not pay her any notice.
5. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
(a) He criticizes her spelling.
(b) He never answers.
(c) She is convinced he has a local lover.
(d) He gets jealous over the littlest thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
2. What is Louie's relationship with Henny?
3. Who is Henny's favorite?
4. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
5. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)