|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
2. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
(a) She flees into the woods.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She carries on, but her feelings blow over quickly.
(d) She denies everything.
3. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
4. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(b) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(c) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(d) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
5. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
(a) In an annual summer visit.
(b) She lives with Henny and the children part-time.
(c) She hardly saw them except briefly at holidays.
(d) In constant short visits throughout the year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose family home is Monocacy?
2. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
3. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
4. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
5. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)