|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nellie teach Louie?
(a) How to bake.
(b) How to tie knots.
(c) French words.
(d) How to plant trees.
2. What was David Collyer's relationship with Archie Lessinum?
(a) He chose him for his daughter.
(b) Lessinum was an old enemy of Collyer's.
(c) He employed him at one of his facilities.
(d) He employed him at Monocacy.
3. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she had children.
(b) When she gave up her inheritance.
(c) When she bought the house.
(d) When she married Sam.
4. What is Beulah's family business?
(a) Selling dry goods.
(b) Butchering chickens.
(c) Selling produce and farm products.
(d) Selling horses and cattle.
5. What 'crime' does Nellie hold against Louie?
(a) The time she lost her keys.
(b) She time she got sick and needed to be taken care of.
(c) The time she took flowers from someone's yard to give a neighbor.
(d) The time she forgot her homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
2. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
3. What does Sam swear to Henny?
4. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
5. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)