|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
(a) Lanky and aloof.
(b) Short and plump.
(c) Tall with blond hair.
(d) Fat and slow.
2. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
(a) Gets drunk and neglects her work.
(b) Steals money.
(c) Gives notice that she is leaving.
(d) Becomes engaged to Mr. Gray.
3. What was David Collyer's relationship with Archie Lessinum?
(a) He employed him at one of his facilities.
(b) Lessinum was an old enemy of Collyer's.
(c) He employed him at Monocacy.
(d) He chose him for his daughter.
4. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She denies everything.
(c) She flees into the woods.
(d) She carries on, but her feelings blow over quickly.
5. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He does not answer.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He agrees, on conditions.
(d) He sends her what she wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
2. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
3. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
4. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
5. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)