|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His father.
(b) His dead mother.
(c) His childhood home.
(d) His garden.
2. What was David Collyer's relationship with Archie Lessinum?
(a) He employed him at Monocacy.
(b) He employed him at one of his facilities.
(c) He chose him for his daughter.
(d) Lessinum was an old enemy of Collyer's.
3. Who is Rachel?
(a) Sam's first wife.
(b) Henny's sister.
(c) Louie's aunt.
(d) Louie's cousin.
4. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she married Sam.
(b) When she gave up her inheritance.
(c) When she bought the house.
(d) When she had children.
5. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She trusts the children to her.
(b) She does not pay her any notice.
(c) She fawns over her.
(d) She insults her constantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
2. Who does Henny meet in Washington D.C.?
3. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
4. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
5. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)