|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Josephine Pollit?
(a) Sam's aunt.
(b) Sam's cousin.
(c) Sam's older sister.
(d) Sam's mother.
2. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
(a) He never answers.
(b) He gets jealous over the littlest thing.
(c) She is convinced he has a local lover.
(d) He criticizes her spelling.
3. How old is Josephine Pollit?
(d) No one is sure.
4. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She had porcelain skin.
(b) She had large eyes.
(c) She had very dark hair.
(d) She was very dramatic in her manner.
5. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His garden.
(b) His father.
(c) His childhood home.
(d) His dead mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henny irritated by the children writing letters to Sam in Malaysia?
2. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
3. Who does Henny meet in Washington D.C.?
4. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
5. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)