|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
(a) Her family neglects her and lets her have her freedom.
(b) Her family lets her do whatever she wants.
(c) Her family is happy to have her.
(d) She doesn't have to look after her siblings there.
2. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
3. Why is Henny irritated by the children writing letters to Sam in Malaysia?
(a) They don't know how to spell simple words.
(b) They don't write quickly.
(c) They never finish their stories.
(d) They have too many questions.
4. Who is Rachel?
(a) Louie's cousin.
(b) Henny's sister.
(c) Sam's first wife.
(d) Louie's aunt.
5. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(b) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(c) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(d) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
2. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
3. Who is Archie Lessinum?
4. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
5. What mistake has the Smithsonian made that infuriates Colonel Willets?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)