|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
(a) She berates her when she makes mistakes.
(b) She pokes her.
(c) She says that she is a bastard.
(d) She accuses her of other children's mistakes.
2. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a stimulant.
(b) As a minister.
(c) As a sounding board.
(d) As a comforter.
3. Where does Nellie say Louie is going to go?
(b) Reform school.
(c) High school.
4. Who is Rachel?
(a) Henny's sister.
(b) Louie's aunt.
(c) Louie's cousin.
(d) Sam's first wife.
5. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He agrees, on conditions.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He sends her what she wants.
(d) He does not answer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
2. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
3. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
4. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
5. What does Sam tell Louie about?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)