|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
(a) The marriage was arranged.
(b) Her family needed him to take care of her.
(c) They were in love.
(d) A sense of honor.
2. What does Henny's friend tell her?
(a) She should get help.
(b) She should divorce Sam.
(c) She should stop dwelling on the negative things.
(d) She should travel.
3. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She does not pay her any notice.
(b) She trusts the children to her.
(c) She fawns over her.
(d) She insults her constantly.
4. Who is Josephine Pollit?
(a) Sam's cousin.
(b) Sam's aunt.
(c) Sam's mother.
(d) Sam's older sister.
5. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
(a) She says that she is a bastard.
(b) She berates her when she makes mistakes.
(c) She accuses her of other children's mistakes.
(d) She pokes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
2. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
3. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
4. Where is Sam Pollit?
5. Why is Henny irritated by the children writing letters to Sam in Malaysia?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)