|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rachel?
(a) Louie's cousin.
(b) Sam's first wife.
(c) Henny's sister.
(d) Louie's aunt.
2. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
(b) City Center.
(d) The City.
3. Who is Hazel Moore?
(a) The housekeeper at Monocacy.
(b) The gardener at Monocacy.
(c) The steward at Monocacy.
(d) Henny's father's mistress.
4. What is Beulah's family business?
(a) Selling horses and cattle.
(b) Selling produce and farm products.
(c) Butchering chickens.
(d) Selling dry goods.
5. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
(a) He has control over everything; she only has control over the children, sometimes.
(b) He lives in a floating cloud; she lives in the back alleys.
(c) He is always coming and going; she is trapped.
(d) He lives on the earth; she lives in the atmosphere.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
2. What does Sam say he wants from Josephine Pollit when she arrives?
3. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
4. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
5. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)