|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
(a) He tries to teach them, but she doesn't.
(b) He is less protective of the children.
(c) He doesn't know them at all, whereas she knows them intimately.
(d) He is friendly with them, whereas she treats them all like enemies.
2. Whose family home is Monocacy?
(b) Bert Anderson's.
3. What does Sam say he would like to create?
(a) A cure for degenerates.
(b) A shelter for degenerates.
(c) A world without misfits.
(d) A world run by misfits.
4. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
5. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
(a) Prodigal daughter.
(b) Lovable nuisance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Henny and Old Ellen talk about?
2. Who is Nellie?
3. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
4. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
5. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)