|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
(a) Fat and slow.
(b) Short and plump.
(c) Tall with blond hair.
(d) Lanky and aloof.
2. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
3. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a comforter.
(b) As a minister.
(c) As a sounding board.
(d) As a stimulant.
4. Who is Norman Collyer?
(a) Sam Pollit's brother-in-law.
(b) Sam Pollit's father-in-law.
(c) Henny's father.
(d) Henny's brother.
5. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
(a) He gets jealous over the littlest thing.
(b) She is convinced he has a local lover.
(c) He criticizes her spelling.
(d) He never answers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
2. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
3. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
4. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
5. What is Togoha House?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)