|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(c) Always hungry.
2. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) Sam's affairs.
(b) Henny's incompetence about money.
(c) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(d) An affair Henny had.
3. Henny plans to ask her friend for ___________.
4. What 'crime' does Nellie hold against Louie?
(a) The time she took flowers from someone's yard to give a neighbor.
(b) The time she lost her keys.
(c) She time she got sick and needed to be taken care of.
(d) The time she forgot her homework.
5. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
(a) He never answers.
(b) He gets jealous over the littlest thing.
(c) She is convinced he has a local lover.
(d) He criticizes her spelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
2. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
3. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
4. Who is Archie Lessinum?
5. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)