|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam swear to Henny?
(a) He loves her more than anything.
(b) He has been faithful since his last lapse.
(c) He has never cheated on her.
(d) His affairs don't matter to him.
2. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
(a) As an angel.
(b) As a burden.
(c) As a brat.
(d) As a gift.
3. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
(a) Looking for specimens.
(b) Publishing articles.
(c) Making one's own community.
(d) The impending collapse of civilization.
4. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
5. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
(a) She only thinks of other people.
(b) She has never had to pay for her mistakes.
(c) She never makes any mistakes.
(d) She never thinks of anyone but herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
2. What does Sam tell Louie about?
3. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
4. What does Henny complain about?
5. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)