|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His father.
(b) His garden.
(c) His dead mother.
(d) His childhood home.
2. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
(a) He is glad to help her.
(b) She should forget their parents.
(c) He cannot recommend those books for her.
(d) She needs to learn how to live with what she has.
3. What is Beulah's family business?
(a) Butchering chickens.
(b) Selling dry goods.
(c) Selling horses and cattle.
(d) Selling produce and farm products.
4. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
(a) She doesn't have to look after her siblings there.
(b) Her family neglects her and lets her have her freedom.
(c) Her family lets her do whatever she wants.
(d) Her family is happy to have her.
5. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
(a) Henny's irresponsibility.
(b) Henny's health.
(c) Henny's sick father.
(d) Henny's hatred for Louie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nellie say Louie is going to go?
2. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
3. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
4. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
5. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)