|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake has the Smithsonian made that infuriates Colonel Willets?
(a) They refused to answer any of Colonel Willets' inquiries.
(b) They understood Sam to be the head of the expedition.
(c) They misunderstood Colonel Willets' requests for more assistance, and cut his budget instead.
(d) They expected Sam and Colonel Willets to pay for their own expenses.
2. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
(a) The living room.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The billiard room.
3. Who is Norman Collyer?
(a) Henny's brother.
(b) Sam Pollit's father-in-law.
(c) Henny's father.
(d) Sam Pollit's brother-in-law.
4. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
5. What is Beulah's family business?
(a) Selling produce and farm products.
(b) Selling dry goods.
(c) Selling horses and cattle.
(d) Butchering chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose family home is Monocacy?
2. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
3. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
4. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
5. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)