|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
(a) Run into the woods.
(b) Flock about, asking questions.
(c) Run to their rooms.
(d) Get dinner ready.
2. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
(a) Her family neglects her and lets her have her freedom.
(b) She doesn't have to look after her siblings there.
(c) Her family is happy to have her.
(d) Her family lets her do whatever she wants.
3. What is Louie's relationship with Henny?
(a) Henny is her cousin.
(b) Henny is her aunt.
(c) Henny is her step-mother.
(d) Henny is her mother.
4. How old is Josephine Pollit?
(c) No one is sure.
5. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
(a) He is always coming and going; she is trapped.
(b) He lives in a floating cloud; she lives in the back alleys.
(c) He has control over everything; she only has control over the children, sometimes.
(d) He lives on the earth; she lives in the atmosphere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Monocacy in when the Pollits arrive there in Chapter 5, Part 2?
2. Where does Nellie say Louie is going to go?
3. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
4. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
5. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)