|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
(b) She says that she is afraid to help him.
(c) She says that he always hurts her.
(d) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
2. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(c) Nervous and lively.
3. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
4. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
(a) Goes looking to bring her back.
(b) Cooks for the children.
(c) Gathers the children around her.
(d) Keeps the children away from her.
5. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She does not pay her any notice.
(b) She fawns over her.
(c) She insults her constantly.
(d) She trusts the children to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
2. Where does Nellie say Louie is going to go?
3. What does Henny say she would like to do to Sam?
4. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
5. What does Sam swear to Henny?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)