|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny say she would like to do to Sam?
(a) Reward him for his hard work.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Befriend him.
(d) Confess to him.
2. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His childhood home.
(b) His dead mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His garden.
3. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
4. What does Henny's friend tell her?
(a) She should get help.
(b) She should divorce Sam.
(c) She should stop dwelling on the negative things.
(d) She should travel.
5. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(b) She had large eyes.
(c) She had porcelain skin.
(d) She had very dark hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
2. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
3. What is Louie's relationship with Henny?
4. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
5. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)