|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
(a) A sense of honor.
(b) Her family needed him to take care of her.
(c) The marriage was arranged.
(d) They were in love.
2. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He sends her what she wants.
(b) He agrees, on conditions.
(c) He does not answer.
(d) He refuses.
3. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
(a) He is friendly with them, whereas she treats them all like enemies.
(b) He is less protective of the children.
(c) He tries to teach them, but she doesn't.
(d) He doesn't know them at all, whereas she knows them intimately.
4. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
(b) Prodigal daughter.
(c) Lovable nuisance.
5. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(d) Nervous and lively.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sam Pollit?
2. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
3. Henny plans to ask her friend for ___________.
4. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
5. What does Henny complain about?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)