|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam tell Louie about?
(a) The brilliance of her future.
(b) The suffering in his marriage.
(c) His affairs and her mother's anger.
(d) The impending divorce.
2. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
(a) She wants her to take the kids for some time.
(b) She wants her as a friend.
(c) She wants her as a servant.
(d) She wants her to stop gossiping.
3. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
(a) Introverted and shy.
(b) Strict and overbearing.
(c) Benevolent and fun.
(d) Manipulative and squirrelly.
4. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(b) She had very dark hair.
(c) She had large eyes.
(d) She had porcelain skin.
5. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
(a) She only thinks of other people.
(b) She never thinks of anyone but herself.
(c) She never makes any mistakes.
(d) She has never had to pay for her mistakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
2. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
3. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
4. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
5. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)