|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
(a) Fat and slow.
(b) Lanky and aloof.
(c) Tall with blond hair.
(d) Short and plump.
2. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(a) Always hungry.
3. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that he always hurts her.
(b) She says that she is afraid to help him.
(c) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
(d) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
4. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
5. Who is Norman Collyer?
(a) Sam Pollit's brother-in-law.
(b) Sam Pollit's father-in-law.
(c) Henny's brother.
(d) Henny's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
2. Who is Josephine Pollit?
3. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
4. What does Henny's friend tell her?
5. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)