|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He sends her what she wants.
(c) He agrees, on conditions.
(d) He does not answer.
2. How old is Josephine Pollit?
(a) No one is sure.
3. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she had children.
(b) When she married Sam.
(c) When she bought the house.
(d) When she gave up her inheritance.
4. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To mind their parents.
(b) To never beg.
(c) To do well in school.
(d) To make her proud.
5. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
(a) Strict and overbearing.
(b) Loving and friendly.
(c) Introverted and shy.
(d) Manipulative and squirrelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
2. What does Henny say she would like to do to Sam?
3. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
4. Who is Henny's favorite?
5. What does Sam swear to Henny?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)