|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
(a) Lovable nuisance.
(b) Prodigal daughter.
2. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) An affair Henny had.
(b) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(c) Sam's affairs.
(d) Henny's incompetence about money.
3. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(b) Always hungry.
4. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
5. What does Henny's friend tell her?
(a) She should get help.
(b) She should stop dwelling on the negative things.
(c) She should travel.
(d) She should divorce Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
2. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
3. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
4. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
5. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)