|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny complain about?
(a) Sam's ego.
(b) The children.
(c) Living so far from town.
(d) Being poor.
2. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
(a) A car accident.
(b) Bonnie's affair.
(c) An illness.
(d) A death.
3. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
(a) Tall with blond hair.
(b) Lanky and aloof.
(c) Fat and slow.
(d) Short and plump.
4. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
(a) The marriage was arranged.
(b) A sense of honor.
(c) They were in love.
(d) Her family needed him to take care of her.
5. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) Henny's incompetence about money.
(b) An affair Henny had.
(c) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(d) Sam's affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
2. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
3. How old is Josephine Pollit?
4. What does Sam tell Louie about?
5. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)