|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
(a) He never breaks promises to them.
(b) He overdoes it to compensate for being gone so often.
(c) He sleeps and rises by their needs.
(d) He tries to ignore them as much as he can.
2. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
(b) She says that he always hurts her.
(c) She says that she is afraid to help him.
(d) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
3. What does Sam say he would like to create?
(a) A cure for degenerates.
(b) A shelter for degenerates.
(c) A world without misfits.
(d) A world run by misfits.
4. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(c) Nervous and lively.
5. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To make her proud.
(b) To do well in school.
(c) To never beg.
(d) To mind their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam tell Louie about?
2. What does Henny's friend tell her?
3. What does Sam swear to Henny?
4. Who is Norman Collyer?
5. Who is Henny's favorite?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)