|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Togoha House?
(a) Sam Pollit's workplace.
(b) The Governor's mansion.
(c) The Pollit's residence.
(d) The dorm where Louie Pollit lives.
2. Where is Sam Pollit?
(a) On an expedition.
(c) At work.
(d) He disappeared when the children were small.
3. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a stimulant.
(b) As a comforter.
(c) As a minister.
(d) As a sounding board.
4. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
(a) Run to their rooms.
(b) Flock about, asking questions.
(c) Run into the woods.
(d) Get dinner ready.
5. What does Henny complain about?
(a) Sam's ego.
(b) The children.
(c) Living so far from town.
(d) Being poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louie's relationship with Henny?
2. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
3. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
4. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
5. What does Sam swear to Henny?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)