|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Josephine Pollit?
(a) Sam's aunt.
(b) Sam's mother.
(c) Sam's cousin.
(d) Sam's older sister.
2. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she had children.
(b) When she bought the house.
(c) When she married Sam.
(d) When she gave up her inheritance.
3. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His father.
(b) His dead mother.
(c) His childhood home.
(d) His garden.
4. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
5. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
(a) Cooks for the children.
(b) Keeps the children away from her.
(c) Goes looking to bring her back.
(d) Gathers the children around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
2. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
3. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
4. What does Sam say he would like to create?
5. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)