|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
(a) Introverted and shy.
(b) Strict and overbearing.
(c) Manipulative and squirrelly.
(d) Benevolent and fun.
2. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
(a) Run into the woods.
(b) Flock about, asking questions.
(c) Run to their rooms.
(d) Get dinner ready.
3. Why does Henny like going to Washington D.C.?
(a) She can buy things she can't get at home.
(b) She can pretend to be rich.
(c) She can hide the fact that she is poor.
(d) She can watch the rich people and envy them.
4. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a stimulant.
(b) As a sounding board.
(c) As a comforter.
(d) As a minister.
5. What does Sam swear to Henny?
(a) He loves her more than anything.
(b) He has never cheated on her.
(c) He has been faithful since his last lapse.
(d) His affairs don't matter to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
2. What is Louie's relationship with Henny?
3. Who is Norman Collyer?
4. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
5. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)