|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Josephine Pollit?
(a) Sam's older sister.
(b) Sam's cousin.
(c) Sam's aunt.
(d) Sam's mother.
2. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
(a) The City.
(d) City Center.
3. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
(a) He is less protective of the children.
(b) He doesn't know them at all, whereas she knows them intimately.
(c) He tries to teach them, but she doesn't.
(d) He is friendly with them, whereas she treats them all like enemies.
4. What does Henny say she would like to do to Sam?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Reward him for his hard work.
(c) Befriend him.
(d) Confess to him.
5. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(b) Always hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
2. What does Henny's friend tell her?
3. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
4. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
5. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)