|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
(b) She says that he always hurts her.
(c) She says that she is afraid to help him.
(d) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
2. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
(a) Publishing articles.
(b) The impending collapse of civilization.
(c) Looking for specimens.
(d) Making one's own community.
4. Who is Josephine Pollit?
(a) Sam's aunt.
(b) Sam's older sister.
(c) Sam's mother.
(d) Sam's cousin.
5. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
(a) She denies everything.
(b) She carries on, but her feelings blow over quickly.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She flees into the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam tell Louie about?
2. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
3. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
4. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
5. Who is Norman Collyer?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)