|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His father.
(b) His dead mother.
(c) His childhood home.
(d) His garden.
2. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She carries on, but her feelings blow over quickly.
(c) She flees into the woods.
(d) She denies everything.
3. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
4. What does Sam swear to Henny?
(a) He has been faithful since his last lapse.
(b) He has never cheated on her.
(c) He loves her more than anything.
(d) His affairs don't matter to him.
5. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
(c) The City.
(d) City Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
2. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
3. Who is Norman Collyer?
4. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
5. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)