|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
2. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 7 years.
3. Who is Henny's favorite?
4. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
(a) Lovable nuisance.
(d) Prodigal daughter.
5. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His father.
(b) His childhood home.
(c) His garden.
(d) His dead mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
2. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
3. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
4. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
5. What does Sam swear to Henny?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)