|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To never beg.
(b) To do well in school.
(c) To mind their parents.
(d) To make her proud.
2. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
(c) The City.
(d) City Center.
3. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(b) Always hungry.
4. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He does not answer.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He sends her what she wants.
(d) He agrees, on conditions.
5. Who is Josephine Pollit?
(a) Sam's cousin.
(b) Sam's older sister.
(c) Sam's aunt.
(d) Sam's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
2. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
3. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
4. What does Henny's friend tell her?
5. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)