|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
(a) He never breaks promises to them.
(b) He overdoes it to compensate for being gone so often.
(c) He sleeps and rises by their needs.
(d) He tries to ignore them as much as he can.
2. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(a) Always hungry.
3. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
(a) Bubbling with children.
(c) Seething with resentments.
4. Who is Henny's favorite?
5. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
2. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
3. Where is Sam Pollit?
4. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
5. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)