|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His dead mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His childhood home.
(d) His garden.
2. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
3. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
(a) More authority over his department.
(b) Travel expenses.
(c) A large promotion.
(d) A year of travel.
4. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(b) Nervous and lively.
5. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She had porcelain skin.
(b) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(c) She had large eyes.
(d) She had very dark hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
2. Where is Sam Pollit?
3. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
4. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
5. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)