|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
(a) A large promotion.
(b) A year of travel.
(c) More authority over his department.
(d) Travel expenses.
2. Where is Sam Pollit?
(a) At work.
(b) On an expedition.
(c) He disappeared when the children were small.
3. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(b) Nervous and lively.
4. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
(a) The impending collapse of civilization.
(b) Making one's own community.
(c) Publishing articles.
(d) Looking for specimens.
5. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
(a) Benevolent and fun.
(b) Introverted and shy.
(c) Strict and overbearing.
(d) Manipulative and squirrelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
2. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
3. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
4. Who is Norman Collyer?
5. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)