|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He sends her what she wants.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) He agrees, on conditions.
(d) He refuses.
2. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
3. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(b) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(c) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
(d) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
4. Who is Norman Collyer?
(a) Sam Pollit's father-in-law.
(b) Henny's father.
(c) Henny's brother.
(d) Sam Pollit's brother-in-law.
5. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(d) Always hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
2. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
3. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
4. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
5. Who is Henny's favorite?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)