|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sam Pollit?
(a) He disappeared when the children were small.
(b) At work.
(c) On an expedition.
2. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
(a) Run into the woods.
(b) Flock about, asking questions.
(c) Run to their rooms.
(d) Get dinner ready.
3. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
(a) More authority over his department.
(b) A year of travel.
(c) A large promotion.
(d) Travel expenses.
4. What is Togoha House?
(a) The Pollit's residence.
(b) The Governor's mansion.
(c) Sam Pollit's workplace.
(d) The dorm where Louie Pollit lives.
5. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
(a) Manipulative and squirrelly.
(b) Strict and overbearing.
(c) Introverted and shy.
(d) Loving and friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
2. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
3. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
4. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
5. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)