|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
2. Who is Henny's favorite?
3. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
(a) He is less protective of the children.
(b) He is friendly with them, whereas she treats them all like enemies.
(c) He doesn't know them at all, whereas she knows them intimately.
(d) He tries to teach them, but she doesn't.
4. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She had porcelain skin.
(b) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(c) She had large eyes.
(d) She had very dark hair.
5. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
(a) More authority over his department.
(b) Travel expenses.
(c) A year of travel.
(d) A large promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
2. What does Sam say he would like to create?
3. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
4. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
5. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)