|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(a) Always hungry.
2. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) He sends her what she wants.
(d) He agrees, on conditions.
3. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(d) Nervous and lively.
4. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
(a) Run to their rooms.
(b) Run into the woods.
(c) Get dinner ready.
(d) Flock about, asking questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
2. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
3. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
4. Who is Norman Collyer?
5. What does Sam say he would like to create?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)