|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
2. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
(a) Publishing articles.
(b) Looking for specimens.
(c) The impending collapse of civilization.
(d) Making one's own community.
3. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
(a) She never makes any mistakes.
(b) She has never had to pay for her mistakes.
(c) She never thinks of anyone but herself.
(d) She only thinks of other people.
4. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
(a) She needs to learn how to live with what she has.
(b) He is glad to help her.
(c) He cannot recommend those books for her.
(d) She should forget their parents.
5. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(b) Nervous and lively.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
2. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
3. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
4. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
5. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)