|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
(a) She never thinks of anyone but herself.
(b) She only thinks of other people.
(c) She never makes any mistakes.
(d) She has never had to pay for her mistakes.
2. Who is Norman Collyer?
(a) Sam Pollit's father-in-law.
(b) Sam Pollit's brother-in-law.
(c) Henny's brother.
(d) Henny's father.
3. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(b) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
(c) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(d) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
4. Where is Sam Pollit?
(b) On an expedition.
(c) He disappeared when the children were small.
(d) At work.
5. Who is Henny's favorite?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Togoha House?
2. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
3. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
4. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
5. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)