|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Norman Collyer?
(a) Sam Pollit's brother-in-law.
(b) Sam Pollit's father-in-law.
(c) Henny's brother.
(d) Henny's father.
2. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
(a) He cannot recommend those books for her.
(b) She should forget their parents.
(c) She needs to learn how to live with what she has.
(d) He is glad to help her.
3. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
(a) Keeps the children away from her.
(b) Gathers the children around her.
(c) Cooks for the children.
(d) Goes looking to bring her back.
4. Who is Henny's favorite?
5. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
(a) Run into the woods.
(b) Get dinner ready.
(c) Run to their rooms.
(d) Flock about, asking questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
2. Where is Sam Pollit?
3. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
4. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
5. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)