|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(b) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(c) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(d) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
2. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She had very dark hair.
(b) She had porcelain skin.
(c) She had large eyes.
(d) She was very dramatic in her manner.
3. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
(a) Strict and overbearing.
(b) Introverted and shy.
(c) Manipulative and squirrelly.
(d) Loving and friendly.
4. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
(a) He received an award for Field Biology.
(b) He is appointed to an Anthropological Mission.
(c) He located an intact specimen of an extinct species.
(d) His data proved a theory.
5. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(d) Nervous and lively.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Henny's favorite?
2. What is Togoha House?
3. What does Sam say he would like to create?
4. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
5. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)