|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
(a) She has never had to pay for her mistakes.
(b) She never makes any mistakes.
(c) She only thinks of other people.
(d) She never thinks of anyone but herself.
2. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(c) Always hungry.
3. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
(a) He tries to ignore them as much as he can.
(b) He never breaks promises to them.
(c) He sleeps and rises by their needs.
(d) He overdoes it to compensate for being gone so often.
4. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
5. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
(a) He tries to teach them, but she doesn't.
(b) He is less protective of the children.
(c) He doesn't know them at all, whereas she knows them intimately.
(d) He is friendly with them, whereas she treats them all like enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
2. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
3. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
4. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
5. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)