|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His childhood home.
(b) His garden.
(c) His father.
(d) His dead mother.
2. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
(a) Gathers the children around her.
(b) Keeps the children away from her.
(c) Goes looking to bring her back.
(d) Cooks for the children.
3. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
(a) The impending collapse of civilization.
(b) Looking for specimens.
(c) Publishing articles.
(d) Making one's own community.
4. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
(a) She never thinks of anyone but herself.
(b) She has never had to pay for her mistakes.
(c) She only thinks of other people.
(d) She never makes any mistakes.
5. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
(b) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(c) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(d) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
2. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
3. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
4. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
5. Who is Henny's favorite?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)