|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
(a) He is friendly with them, whereas she treats them all like enemies.
(b) He doesn't know them at all, whereas she knows them intimately.
(c) He is less protective of the children.
(d) He tries to teach them, but she doesn't.
2. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
(a) Manipulative and squirrelly.
(b) Strict and overbearing.
(c) Loving and friendly.
(d) Introverted and shy.
3. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
(a) He located an intact specimen of an extinct species.
(b) He is appointed to an Anthropological Mission.
(c) His data proved a theory.
(d) He received an award for Field Biology.
4. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
(a) Get dinner ready.
(b) Run into the woods.
(c) Flock about, asking questions.
(d) Run to their rooms.
5. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
(b) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(c) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(d) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
2. Where is Sam Pollit?
3. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
4. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
5. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)