|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
(a) Strict and overbearing.
(b) Introverted and shy.
(c) Manipulative and squirrelly.
(d) Loving and friendly.
2. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
(a) Bubbling with children.
(c) Seething with resentments.
3. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He sends her what she wants.
(c) He agrees, on conditions.
(d) He does not answer.
4. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
5. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
(a) Cooks for the children.
(b) Goes looking to bring her back.
(c) Keeps the children away from her.
(d) Gathers the children around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
2. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
3. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
4. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
5. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)