|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sam Pollit?
(a) He disappeared when the children were small.
(b) On an expedition.
(d) At work.
2. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
3. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
4. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(d) Always hungry.
5. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(b) She had very dark hair.
(c) She had large eyes.
(d) She had porcelain skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
2. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
3. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
4. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
5. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)