|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
(a) Flock about, asking questions.
(b) Run into the woods.
(c) Run to their rooms.
(d) Get dinner ready.
2. What does Sam say he would like to create?
(a) A world run by misfits.
(b) A shelter for degenerates.
(c) A cure for degenerates.
(d) A world without misfits.
3. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
(a) She has never had to pay for her mistakes.
(b) She only thinks of other people.
(c) She never thinks of anyone but herself.
(d) She never makes any mistakes.
4. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(b) Always hungry.
5. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
(b) In the woods.
(d) At work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
2. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
3. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
4. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
5. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)