Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Sam opens the crates he brought home from Malaysia?
(a) Everyone is thrilled with their gifts.
(b) People are excited, but some are unhappy with their small gifts.
(c) He is embarrassed to have forgotten a number of people.
(d) The scene is disrupted by Henny going into labor.
2. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
(b) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
(c) She says that he always hurts her.
(d) She says that she is afraid to help him.
3. Who is Nellie?
(a) Henny's father's mistress.
(b) A gardener.
(c) A young maid.
(d) A family friend.
4. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
(a) As irresponsible but charming.
(b) As a nuisance.
(c) As a stalwart supporter of the family.
(d) As the salt of the earth.
5. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
(a) He has control over everything; she only has control over the children, sometimes.
(b) He is always coming and going; she is trapped.
(c) He lives in a floating cloud; she lives in the back alleys.
(d) He lives on the earth; she lives in the atmosphere.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
2. How do things change in the house after Sam returns home?
3. What have Henny and Hazel Moore been arguing over?
4. What does Sam swear to Henny?
5. What worries Henny after David Collyer's funeral?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)