|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam say he wants from Josephine Pollit when she arrives?
(a) An apology.
(b) A song.
2. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She had very dark hair.
(b) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(c) She had large eyes.
(d) She had porcelain skin.
3. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
(a) As a gift.
(b) As an angel.
(c) As a burden.
(d) As a brat.
4. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she married Sam.
(b) When she bought the house.
(c) When she had children.
(d) When she gave up her inheritance.
5. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(b) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(c) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(d) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
2. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
3. Henny plans to ask her friend for ___________.
4. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
5. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)