|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His childhood home.
(b) His garden.
(c) His father.
(d) His dead mother.
2. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
(a) Gathers the children around her.
(b) Keeps the children away from her.
(c) Goes looking to bring her back.
(d) Cooks for the children.
3. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
(a) He cannot recommend those books for her.
(b) She needs to learn how to live with what she has.
(c) He is glad to help her.
(d) She should forget their parents.
4. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
5. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
(b) Always hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sam Pollit?
2. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
3. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
4. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
5. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)