|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henny irritated by the children writing letters to Sam in Malaysia?
(a) They don't write quickly.
(b) They don't know how to spell simple words.
(c) They have too many questions.
(d) They never finish their stories.
2. How does Henny escape from the house?
(a) She locks herself in her room.
(b) She goes for a long walk.
(c) She disappears.
(d) She goes to Washington D.C.
3. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
4. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
(a) She hardly saw them except briefly at holidays.
(b) In an annual summer visit.
(c) In constant short visits throughout the year.
(d) She lives with Henny and the children part-time.
5. Who is Beulah?
(a) Louie's mother.
(b) Henny's sister.
(c) Sam's first wife.
(d) Louie's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
2. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
3. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
4. The boys think a marlin is a ___________.
5. Who is Josephine Pollit?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)