|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
(b) City Center.
(c) The City.
2. What does Henny's friend tell her?
(a) She should divorce Sam.
(b) She should stop dwelling on the negative things.
(c) She should travel.
(d) She should get help.
3. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To do well in school.
(b) To never beg.
(c) To mind their parents.
(d) To make her proud.
4. What does Ernie admire in his secret money box?
(a) A set of old keys.
(b) Henny's foreign coins.
(c) His savings.
(d) His collection of lead.
5. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(d) Nervous and lively.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beulah live?
2. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
3. Where is Henny's special place?
4. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
5. Sam and the other children make fun of Ernie for _____________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)