|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she married Sam.
(b) When she gave up her inheritance.
(c) When she had children.
(d) When she bought the house.
2. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
(a) He would be a friend to the children.
(b) He was great with children.
(c) He had no interest in the children.
(d) He didn't know anything about children.
3. What do Henny and Old Ellen talk about?
(a) How to stay in a bad marriage.
(b) Why couples split up.
(c) What do to about Sam's inappropriate relationship with the children.
(d) How women poison themselves.
4. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
5. Who is Nellie?
(a) Henny's father's mistress.
(b) A family friend.
(c) A young maid.
(d) A gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam think Louie's reaction will be if he reads her poetry?
2. What does Henny accuse Bert Anderson of?
3. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
4. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
5. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)