|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Pollit family have to leave Georgetown?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) They have too many debts there.
(c) They are no longer welcome there.
(d) They are following Sam to a new appointment.
2. How does the narrator characterize the house Sam finds?
(a) It is a wreck.
(b) It is splendid.
(c) It will have to be totally rebuilt.
(d) It needs work.
3. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
(a) A large promotion.
(b) Travel expenses.
(c) More authority over his department.
(d) A year of travel.
4. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Sam and Colonel Willets?
(a) Colonel Willets loathes Sam's intellectual background.
(b) Colonel Willets resents Sam's easy-going personality.
(c) Colonel Willets is afraid of Sam's ambition.
(d) Colonel Willets simply doesn't like Sam.
5. What is Sam's response to this event?
(a) He consumes himself in preparing to present his case.
(b) He is determined to enjoy the summer.
(c) He rants and raves about the injustice of it.
(d) He starts looking for work immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boys think a marlin is a ___________.
2. What do Louie's siblings taunt her about?
3. What have the children become by the end of the summer?
4. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
5. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)