|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Norman Collyer?
(a) Henny's father.
(b) Henny's brother.
(c) Sam Pollit's father-in-law.
(d) Sam Pollit's brother-in-law.
2. What does Sam say about Ernie's character?
(a) He has lost his senses.
(b) He has matured.
(c) He has gone rotten.
(d) His morals have disimproved.
3. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(b) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
(c) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(d) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
4. What do Louie's cousins teacher her?
(a) How to hunt.
(b) How to butcher pigs.
(c) How to tie knots.
(d) How to write.
5. What does Sam think Louie's reaction will be if he reads her poetry?
(a) She will stop thinking of herself as so superior.
(b) She will be pleased.
(c) She will be honored.
(d) She will be mortified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam tell Louie about?
2. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
3. What upsets Sam after Henny gives birth?
4. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
5. What has Henny begun to do in front of the children?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)