|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henny's special place?
(a) A stool in the corner.
(b) A room above the living room.
(c) A tree in the woods.
(d) Her parents' estate.
2. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
(a) He tries to ignore them as much as he can.
(b) He sleeps and rises by their needs.
(c) He never breaks promises to them.
(d) He overdoes it to compensate for being gone so often.
3. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
(a) Loving and friendly.
(b) Strict and overbearing.
(c) Manipulative and squirrelly.
(d) Introverted and shy.
4. How does Sam anger Colonel Willets?
(a) By responding pleasantly to his rudeness.
(b) By claiming everything as his own work.
(c) By working so hard that no one else needs to contribute much.
(d) By refusing to tell Colonel Willets about funding opportunities.
5. What does Saul Pilgrim talk about when he comes to visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henny's response when Sam confronts her?
2. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
3. What makes Sam furious after the reading of the will?
4. What is Henny's response to the events of mid summer?
5. What have the children become by the end of the summer?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)