|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henny irritated by the children writing letters to Sam in Malaysia?
(a) They have too many questions.
(b) They don't know how to spell simple words.
(c) They never finish their stories.
(d) They don't write quickly.
2. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To mind their parents.
(b) To make her proud.
(c) To never beg.
(d) To do well in school.
3. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a comforter.
(b) As a sounding board.
(c) As a stimulant.
(d) As a minister.
4. What state is Monocacy in when the Pollits arrive there in Chapter 5, Part 2?
5. What does Sam swear to Henny?
(a) He loves her more than anything.
(b) His affairs don't matter to him.
(c) He has been faithful since his last lapse.
(d) He has never cheated on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
2. According to the narrator, Saul Pilgrim is the only person who will ______________.
3. In what way does Colonel Willets see David Collyer's death as an opportunity?
4. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
5. How is 'The Man Who Loved Children' narrated?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)