|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
(b) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
(c) She says that she is afraid to help him.
(d) She says that he always hurts her.
2. What had Sam brought back from Malaysia in the crates?
(a) Trinkets and worthless things.
(b) Small animals and biological samples.
(c) Vases and silks.
(d) Books and illustrations.
3. What does Nellie teach Louie?
(a) How to bake.
(b) French words.
(c) How to plant trees.
(d) How to tie knots.
4. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She fawns over her.
(b) She does not pay her any notice.
(c) She insults her constantly.
(d) She trusts the children to her.
5. Who is Beulah?
(a) Louie's mother.
(b) Henny's sister.
(c) Louie's cousin.
(d) Sam's first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose family home is Monocacy?
2. When does Henny say she was tricked?
3. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
4. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
5. What does Saul Pilgrim tell Sam?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)