|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
(a) As a burden.
(b) As a gift.
(c) As a brat.
(d) As an angel.
2. Why does the Pollit family have to leave Georgetown?
(a) They are following Sam to a new appointment.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) They are no longer welcome there.
(d) They have too many debts there.
3. What is Togoha House?
(a) The dorm where Louie Pollit lives.
(b) Sam Pollit's workplace.
(c) The Governor's mansion.
(d) The Pollit's residence.
4. What does the Pollit family begin to prepare for after the homecoming celebration?
(a) Sam's next departure.
(b) David Collyer's funeral.
(c) Henny's new baby.
(d) Louie's graduation party.
5. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Sam and Colonel Willets?
(a) Colonel Willets simply doesn't like Sam.
(b) Colonel Willets is afraid of Sam's ambition.
(c) Colonel Willets loathes Sam's intellectual background.
(d) Colonel Willets resents Sam's easy-going personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What embarrasses Louie about going to school?
2. How has the trip changed Sam?
3. What does the narrator say is clear has happened since Henny left Tohoga House?
4. Who is Hazel Moore?
5. What does Saul Pilgrim tell Sam?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)