|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
2. What does the narrator say Ernie is deeply concerned about?
3. What happens to Sam in mid-summer?
(a) He is promoted.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He is assigned to a post in Malaysia.
(d) He is suspended.
4. Who is Nellie?
(a) A family friend.
(b) A young maid.
(c) A gardener.
(d) Henny's father's mistress.
5. What is Beulah's family business?
(a) Selling produce and farm products.
(b) Butchering chickens.
(c) Selling horses and cattle.
(d) Selling dry goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
2. Louie says Spa House is filled with __________________.
3. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
4. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
5. What do the twins tell Sam about Ernie?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)