|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boys think a marlin is a ___________.
(c) Shady deal.
2. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
(b) Bubbling with children.
(c) Seething with resentments.
3. How does Sam anger Colonel Willets?
(a) By working so hard that no one else needs to contribute much.
(b) By claiming everything as his own work.
(c) By refusing to tell Colonel Willets about funding opportunities.
(d) By responding pleasantly to his rudeness.
4. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
(a) Fat and slow.
(b) Tall with blond hair.
(c) Short and plump.
(d) Lanky and aloof.
5. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
(a) Making one's own community.
(b) Publishing articles.
(c) Looking for specimens.
(d) The impending collapse of civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
2. What have Henny and Hazel Moore been arguing over?
3. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
4. What does Sam tell Louie about?
5. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)