|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hazel Moore?
(a) Henny's father's mistress.
(b) The gardener at Monocacy.
(c) The housekeeper at Monocacy.
(d) The steward at Monocacy.
2. What is Beulah's family business?
(a) Selling produce and farm products.
(b) Butchering chickens.
(c) Selling dry goods.
(d) Selling horses and cattle.
3. What does Sam tell Louie about?
(a) His affairs and her mother's anger.
(b) The suffering in his marriage.
(c) The brilliance of her future.
(d) The impending divorce.
4. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
(a) In the woods.
(b) At work.
5. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
(a) He had no interest in the children.
(b) He was great with children.
(c) He would be a friend to the children.
(d) He didn't know anything about children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
2. When does Henny say she was tricked?
3. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
4. How does the narrator characterize the Pollit children?
5. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)