|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Sam opens the crates he brought home from Malaysia?
(a) People are excited, but some are unhappy with their small gifts.
(b) He is embarrassed to have forgotten a number of people.
(c) The scene is disrupted by Henny going into labor.
(d) Everyone is thrilled with their gifts.
2. Why is Henny irritated by the children writing letters to Sam in Malaysia?
(a) They don't write quickly.
(b) They never finish their stories.
(c) They don't know how to spell simple words.
(d) They have too many questions.
3. What is Louie's relationship with Henny?
(a) Henny is her aunt.
(b) Henny is her mother.
(c) Henny is her step-mother.
(d) Henny is her cousin.
4. What does the narrator say Ernie is deeply concerned about?
5. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
(a) Prodigal daughter.
(b) Lovable nuisance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
2. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
3. Whose family home is Monocacy?
4. How does Sam anger Colonel Willets?
5. What does Sam say to excuse Henny's behavior when she beats Ernie for no reason?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)