|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She does not pay her any notice.
(b) She fawns over her.
(c) She trusts the children to her.
(d) She insults her constantly.
2. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
(a) Her family neglects her and lets her have her freedom.
(b) She doesn't have to look after her siblings there.
(c) Her family is happy to have her.
(d) Her family lets her do whatever she wants.
3. What does Henny snap at when she is in a foul mood?
(a) Louie for being dirty.
(b) Miss Aiden for taking care of Louie.
(c) Tommy for mouthing off.
(d) Sam for his infidelities.
4. What does Henny's friend tell her?
(a) She should travel.
(b) She should divorce Sam.
(c) She should get help.
(d) She should stop dwelling on the negative things.
5. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) Henny's incompetence about money.
(b) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(c) Sam's affairs.
(d) An affair Henny had.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam tell Louie about?
2. How does Clare approach her poverty?
3. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
4. The boys think a marlin is a ___________.
5. What do Louie's siblings taunt her about?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)