|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henny's response to the events of mid summer?
(a) She feels deserted.
(b) She ignores all signs of trouble.
(c) She falls into a deep depression.
(d) She buckles down and begins to cut back on her expenses.
2. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
(a) Bubbling with children.
(d) Seething with resentments.
3. Who is Rachel?
(a) Louie's cousin.
(b) Louie's aunt.
(c) Sam's first wife.
(d) Henny's sister.
4. Where is Henny's special place?
(a) Her parents' estate.
(b) A stool in the corner.
(c) A room above the living room.
(d) A tree in the woods.
5. What does Henny accuse Bert Anderson of?
(a) Secretly loving her.
(b) Being selfish.
(c) Sleeping around.
(d) Hating her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny escape from the house?
2. What have the children become by the end of the summer?
3. What does Cathleen love more than anything?
4. What does Sam tell Louie about?
5. What does the anonymous letter tell Sam?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)