|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Sam after Henny gives birth?
(a) Louie is taking care of the baby.
(b) The house is full of people who have come to take care of the baby.
(c) She has hired a nurse.
(d) There is no one to take care of the baby.
2. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
(a) Leave Sam.
(b) Stop working.
(c) Hire another person.
(d) Stop mothering.
3. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) Sam's affairs.
(b) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(c) An affair Henny had.
(d) Henny's incompetence about money.
4. What does the narrator say is clear has happened since Henny left Tohoga House?
(a) She has resigned herself to her life.
(b) She has aged.
(c) She has learned to accept things with humor.
(d) She has matured.
5. Where is Sam Pollit?
(a) At work.
(b) On an expedition.
(c) He disappeared when the children were small.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
2. Who is Josephine Pollit?
3. What does Sam say about Ernie's character?
4. What do the twins tell Sam about Ernie?
5. How does Henny characterize Louie's teacher?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)