|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hazel Moore?
(a) The steward at Monocacy.
(b) The housekeeper at Monocacy.
(c) Henny's father's mistress.
(d) The gardener at Monocacy.
2. What have the children become by the end of the summer?
(a) Excellent poets.
(b) Expert fishermen.
(c) Little field biologists.
(d) Disgusted with fishing.
3. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
4. In what way does Colonel Willets see David Collyer's death as an opportunity?
(a) Now he can toy with Sam's appointment, and drive him away from the institute.
(b) Now he can make Sam loyal to him personally.
(c) Now he can discredit Sam and have him removed from his post.
(d) Now he can extract more contributions from Sam.
5. Where does Beulah live?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) Harper's Ferry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
2. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
3. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
4. What is the atmosphere like at Tohoga House when Jo arrives there?
5. What does Sam think Louie's reaction will be if he reads her poetry?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)