|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do things change in the house after Sam returns home?
(a) Henny moves out.
(b) Sam moves in all of his Eastern furniture.
(c) Everything in the house gets a new Malay name.
(d) Sam spends a lot of time writing letters.
2. What upsets Sam after Henny gives birth?
(a) There is no one to take care of the baby.
(b) Louie is taking care of the baby.
(c) She has hired a nurse.
(d) The house is full of people who have come to take care of the baby.
3. What embarrasses Louie about going to school?
(a) Her hand-me-downs.
(b) Her complete lack of family support.
(c) Her immaturity.
(d) Her ignorance.
4. What state is Monocacy in when the Pollits arrive there in Chapter 5, Part 2?
5. Who is Rachel?
(a) Louie's aunt.
(b) Louie's cousin.
(c) Henny's sister.
(d) Sam's first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
2. What does Sam say he wants from Josephine Pollit when she arrives?
3. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
4. Where is Sam Pollit?
5. What does the narrator say Ernie is deeply concerned about?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)