|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Sam after Henny gives birth?
(a) The house is full of people who have come to take care of the baby.
(b) She has hired a nurse.
(c) There is no one to take care of the baby.
(d) Louie is taking care of the baby.
2. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
3. In what way does Colonel Willets see David Collyer's death as an opportunity?
(a) Now he can extract more contributions from Sam.
(b) Now he can make Sam loyal to him personally.
(c) Now he can discredit Sam and have him removed from his post.
(d) Now he can toy with Sam's appointment, and drive him away from the institute.
4. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a comforter.
(b) As a sounding board.
(c) As a stimulant.
(d) As a minister.
5. What makes Sam furious after the reading of the will?
(a) Almost all the property will have to be sold.
(b) Henny was overlooked like she was.
(c) David Collyer hadn't spoken to him about his will before he died.
(d) His plans for further expeditions will have to be delayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Saul Pilgrim tell Sam?
2. How do things change in the house after Sam returns home?
3. How does Clare approach her poverty?
4. Where is Sam Pollit?
5. What 'crime' does Nellie hold against Louie?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)