|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam's response to this event?
(a) He rants and raves about the injustice of it.
(b) He is determined to enjoy the summer.
(c) He starts looking for work immediately.
(d) He consumes himself in preparing to present his case.
2. What do Louie's cousins teacher her?
(a) How to butcher pigs.
(b) How to write.
(c) How to tie knots.
(d) How to hunt.
3. How do things change in the house after Sam returns home?
(a) Henny moves out.
(b) Sam moves in all of his Eastern furniture.
(c) Sam spends a lot of time writing letters.
(d) Everything in the house gets a new Malay name.
4. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. What do Sam and Henny discover when David Collyer's will is read?
(a) David Collyer left it all to charity.
(b) Henny was specifically written out of the will.
(c) He was broke.
(d) Everything was left to Henny's siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
2. What does Ernie admire in his secret money box?
3. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
4. Where is the house Sam finds?
5. Who is Nellie?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)