|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Monocacy in when the Pollits arrive there in Chapter 5, Part 2?
2. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
(a) Goes looking to bring her back.
(b) Keeps the children away from her.
(c) Cooks for the children.
(d) Gathers the children around her.
3. What is Sam's response to this event?
(a) He is determined to enjoy the summer.
(b) He starts looking for work immediately.
(c) He rants and raves about the injustice of it.
(d) He consumes himself in preparing to present his case.
4. What does Louie see when she looks into Henny's room?
(a) Sam sitting with his head in his hands and Henny ranting.
(b) Henny beating Sam.
(c) Henny standing over Sam with a razor in her hand.
(d) Sam and Henny talking softly.
5. How does Sam anger Colonel Willets?
(a) By claiming everything as his own work.
(b) By working so hard that no one else needs to contribute much.
(c) By responding pleasantly to his rudeness.
(d) By refusing to tell Colonel Willets about funding opportunities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
2. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
3. For what had Henny asked Norman Collyer?
4. What happens to Sam in mid-summer?
5. What do the twins tell Sam about Ernie?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)