|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
(a) Introverted and shy.
(b) Benevolent and fun.
(c) Strict and overbearing.
(d) Manipulative and squirrelly.
2. What does Sam tell Louie about?
(a) The suffering in his marriage.
(b) The impending divorce.
(c) The brilliance of her future.
(d) His affairs and her mother's anger.
3. Who is Henny's favorite?
4. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(b) An affair Henny had.
(c) Sam's affairs.
(d) Henny's incompetence about money.
5. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
(a) A sense of honor.
(b) The marriage was arranged.
(c) Her family needed him to take care of her.
(d) They were in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henny plans to ask her friend for ___________.
2. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
3. What does Sam say he would like to create?
4. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
5. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)