|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 15 years.
2. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she married Sam.
(b) When she gave up her inheritance.
(c) When she had children.
(d) When she bought the house.
3. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
(a) He lives on the earth; she lives in the atmosphere.
(b) He is always coming and going; she is trapped.
(c) He lives in a floating cloud; she lives in the back alleys.
(d) He has control over everything; she only has control over the children, sometimes.
4. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
(b) In the woods.
(d) At work.
5. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
(a) Keeps the children away from her.
(b) Goes looking to bring her back.
(c) Gathers the children around her.
(d) Cooks for the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
2. What does Henny's friend tell her?
3. Where is Sam Pollit?
4. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
5. How old is Josephine Pollit?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)