|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henny's special place?
(a) A tree in the woods.
(b) Her parents' estate.
(c) A room above the living room.
(d) A stool in the corner.
2. Who is Josephine Pollit?
(a) Sam's older sister.
(b) Sam's mother.
(c) Sam's aunt.
(d) Sam's cousin.
3. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To never beg.
(b) To make her proud.
(c) To mind their parents.
(d) To do well in school.
4. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
5. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
(a) He received an award for Field Biology.
(b) He is appointed to an Anthropological Mission.
(c) He located an intact specimen of an extinct species.
(d) His data proved a theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
2. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
3. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
4. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
5. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)