|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henny like going to Washington D.C.?
(a) She can pretend to be rich.
(b) She can watch the rich people and envy them.
(c) She can hide the fact that she is poor.
(d) She can buy things she can't get at home.
2. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
3. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
(a) He is friendly with them, whereas she treats them all like enemies.
(b) He tries to teach them, but she doesn't.
(c) He doesn't know them at all, whereas she knows them intimately.
(d) He is less protective of the children.
4. Who is Josephine Pollit?
(a) Sam's mother.
(b) Sam's aunt.
(c) Sam's older sister.
(d) Sam's cousin.
5. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His father.
(b) His dead mother.
(c) His childhood home.
(d) His garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
2. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
3. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
4. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
5. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny her trouble is?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)