|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She denies everything.
(c) She carries on, but her feelings blow over quickly.
(d) She flees into the woods.
2. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His childhood home.
(b) His father.
(c) His garden.
(d) His dead mother.
3. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
(a) Her family needed him to take care of her.
(b) They were in love.
(c) A sense of honor.
(d) The marriage was arranged.
4. Who is Josephine Pollit?
(a) Sam's aunt.
(b) Sam's older sister.
(c) Sam's cousin.
(d) Sam's mother.
5. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(b) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
(c) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(d) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henny say she would like to do to Sam?
2. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
3. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
4. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
5. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)