|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He sends her what she wants.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He agrees, on conditions.
2. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
3. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
(a) He located an intact specimen of an extinct species.
(b) He is appointed to an Anthropological Mission.
(c) His data proved a theory.
(d) He received an award for Field Biology.
4. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
(a) He lives on the earth; she lives in the atmosphere.
(b) He is always coming and going; she is trapped.
(c) He has control over everything; she only has control over the children, sometimes.
(d) He lives in a floating cloud; she lives in the back alleys.
5. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
(a) Loving and friendly.
(b) Strict and overbearing.
(c) Introverted and shy.
(d) Manipulative and squirrelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
2. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
3. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
4. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
5. Who is Henny's favorite?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)