|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman Collyer tell Henny?
(a) She should forget their parents.
(b) He is glad to help her.
(c) He cannot recommend those books for her.
(d) She needs to learn how to live with what she has.
2. What does Sam swear to Henny?
(a) He has never cheated on her.
(b) He has been faithful since his last lapse.
(c) His affairs don't matter to him.
(d) He loves her more than anything.
3. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(b) An affair Henny had.
(c) Sam's affairs.
(d) Henny's incompetence about money.
4. Who is Josephine Pollit?
(a) Sam's aunt.
(b) Sam's older sister.
(c) Sam's mother.
(d) Sam's cousin.
5. Why does Henny like going to Washington D.C.?
(a) She can pretend to be rich.
(b) She can hide the fact that she is poor.
(c) She can buy things she can't get at home.
(d) She can watch the rich people and envy them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
2. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
3. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
4. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
5. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)