|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
(a) Hire another person.
(b) Stop working.
(c) Leave Sam.
(d) Stop mothering.
2. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
(a) His dead mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His childhood home.
(d) His garden.
3. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
(b) At work.
(d) In the woods.
4. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
(a) City Center.
(c) The City.
5. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
(a) He has control over everything; she only has control over the children, sometimes.
(b) He lives on the earth; she lives in the atmosphere.
(c) He lives in a floating cloud; she lives in the back alleys.
(d) He is always coming and going; she is trapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam say he wants from Josephine Pollit when she arrives?
2. What do the children do when Henny arrives home?
3. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
4. How old is Josephine Pollit?
5. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)