|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a stimulant.
(b) As a comforter.
(c) As a minister.
(d) As a sounding board.
2. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To do well in school.
(b) To make her proud.
(c) To never beg.
(d) To mind their parents.
3. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
4. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
(a) He lives on the earth; she lives in the atmosphere.
(b) He is always coming and going; she is trapped.
(c) He lives in a floating cloud; she lives in the back alleys.
(d) He has control over everything; she only has control over the children, sometimes.
5. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He sends her what she wants.
(c) He does not answer.
(d) He agrees, on conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
2. What does Henny complain about?
3. How old is Josephine Pollit?
4. Who does Henny meet in Washington D.C.?
5. Who is Josephine Pollit?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)