|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
(a) A year of travel.
(b) Travel expenses.
(c) More authority over his department.
(d) A large promotion.
2. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a minister.
(b) As a stimulant.
(c) As a comforter.
(d) As a sounding board.
3. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
(b) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(c) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(d) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
4. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) He agrees, on conditions.
(d) He sends her what she wants.
5. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
(a) A car accident.
(b) An illness.
(c) Bonnie's affair.
(d) A death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henny complain about?
2. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
3. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
4. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
5. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)