|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
2. What does Henny's friend tell her?
(a) She should get help.
(b) She should divorce Sam.
(c) She should stop dwelling on the negative things.
(d) She should travel.
3. What makes Sam a hero to his department?
(a) He received an award for Field Biology.
(b) His data proved a theory.
(c) He located an intact specimen of an extinct species.
(d) He is appointed to an Anthropological Mission.
4. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) Sam's affairs.
(b) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(c) An affair Henny had.
(d) Henny's incompetence about money.
5. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
(a) He is friendly with them, whereas she treats them all like enemies.
(b) He tries to teach them, but she doesn't.
(c) He doesn't know them at all, whereas she knows them intimately.
(d) He is less protective of the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
2. Where is Henny's special place?
3. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
4. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
5. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)