|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
(a) He never breaks promises to them.
(b) He tries to ignore them as much as he can.
(c) He overdoes it to compensate for being gone so often.
(d) He sleeps and rises by their needs.
2. What does Louie do when Henny is in her special place?
(a) Goes looking to bring her back.
(b) Keeps the children away from her.
(c) Gathers the children around her.
(d) Cooks for the children.
3. What does Sam swear to Henny?
(a) He has been faithful since his last lapse.
(b) His affairs don't matter to him.
(c) He loves her more than anything.
(d) He has never cheated on her.
4. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(b) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(c) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(d) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
5. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Henny's favorite?
2. What does Louie make for Henny when she comes home?
3. How long have Sam and Henny been married?
4. Who is Josephine Pollit?
5. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)