|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam say he wants from Josephine Pollit when she arrives?
(b) An apology.
(c) A song.
2. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(b) She had very dark hair.
(c) She had large eyes.
(d) She had porcelain skin.
3. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
(a) As a brat.
(b) As an angel.
(c) As a burden.
(d) As a gift.
4. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she gave up her inheritance.
(b) When she bought the house.
(c) When she had children.
(d) When she married Sam.
5. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(b) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
(c) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(d) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
2. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
3. Henny plans to ask her friend for ___________.
4. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
5. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)