|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
(a) The City.
(d) City Center.
2. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Sam and Colonel Willets?
(a) Colonel Willets simply doesn't like Sam.
(b) Colonel Willets is afraid of Sam's ambition.
(c) Colonel Willets loathes Sam's intellectual background.
(d) Colonel Willets resents Sam's easy-going personality.
3. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
(b) At work.
(d) In the woods.
4. What does Sam say he wants from Josephine Pollit when she arrives?
(a) A song.
(b) An apology.
5. In what way does Sam juxtapose nature and Henny?
(a) He is comfortable in nature, but he is never at home with Henny.
(b) He has learned to know nature, but he does not feel he knows Henny at all.
(c) Nature is a passion of his, and he is a passion of Henny's.
(d) He loves nature, but can't understand why Henny hates him so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
2. Where is Henny's special place?
3. Why does Sam dislike alcohol in his house?
4. What happens to Louie in her first days in high school?
5. How old is Josephine Pollit?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)