|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the house Sam finds?
(a) In an apartment building.
(b) In a slum.
(c) In a poor neighborhood.
(d) In a suburb of Baltimore.
2. Who does Henny meet in Washington D.C.?
(a) Bert Anderson.
(c) Old Ellen.
(d) Hazel Moore.
3. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She had very dark hair.
(b) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(c) She had porcelain skin.
(d) She had large eyes.
4. What is Sam Pollit's profession?
5. What is Henny's response to the events of mid summer?
(a) She ignores all signs of trouble.
(b) She feels deserted.
(c) She buckles down and begins to cut back on her expenses.
(d) She falls into a deep depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
2. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
3. Who is Nellie?
4. How does the narrator characterize the house Sam finds?
5. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)