|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Norman Collyer's response to Henny's request?
(a) He does not answer.
(b) He sends her what she wants.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He agrees, on conditions.
2. How does the narrator characterize Sam Pollit's relationship with his children?
(a) He overdoes it to compensate for being gone so often.
(b) He tries to ignore them as much as he can.
(c) He never breaks promises to them.
(d) He sleeps and rises by their needs.
3. What is Sam's response to this event?
(a) He rants and raves about the injustice of it.
(b) He is determined to enjoy the summer.
(c) He consumes himself in preparing to present his case.
(d) He starts looking for work immediately.
4. What happens to Sam in mid-summer?
(a) He is suspended.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He is promoted.
(d) He is assigned to a post in Malaysia.
5. What is Louie's relationship with Henny?
(a) Henny is her step-mother.
(b) Henny is her aunt.
(c) Henny is her cousin.
(d) Henny is her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
2. What makes Sam furious after the reading of the will?
3. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
4. How does the narrator characterize the house Sam finds?
5. What is Henny's response to the events of mid summer?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)