|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henny irritated by the children writing letters to Sam in Malaysia?
(a) They have too many questions.
(b) They don't write quickly.
(c) They never finish their stories.
(d) They don't know how to spell simple words.
2. How does the narrator characterize Henny Pollit?
(c) Nervous and lively.
3. What is the house like when Sam arrives home?
(b) Bubbling with children.
(c) Seething with resentments.
4. What does Henny complain about?
(a) The children.
(b) Living so far from town.
(c) Sam's ego.
(d) Being poor.
5. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
(a) The billiard room.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
2. Whose family home is Monocacy?
3. What is Louie like when her parents are around?
4. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
5. How do things change in the house after Sam returns home?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)