|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Henny look very theatrical when she stared off into the distance?
(a) She had very dark hair.
(b) She was very dramatic in her manner.
(c) She had porcelain skin.
(d) She had large eyes.
2. What does Sam say he would like to create?
(a) A world run by misfits.
(b) A shelter for degenerates.
(c) A world without misfits.
(d) A cure for degenerates.
3. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
(a) She pokes her.
(b) She accuses her of other children's mistakes.
(c) She says that she is a bastard.
(d) She berates her when she makes mistakes.
4. What happens when Sam opens the crates he brought home from Malaysia?
(a) The scene is disrupted by Henny going into labor.
(b) Everyone is thrilled with their gifts.
(c) People are excited, but some are unhappy with their small gifts.
(d) He is embarrassed to have forgotten a number of people.
5. How does Clare approach her poverty?
(a) By laughing at it.
(b) By shrinking inside herself.
(c) By apologizing all the time.
(d) By letting people walk all over her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
2. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
3. What is Sam's response to this event?
4. Who is Josephine Pollit?
5. What have Henny and Hazel Moore been arguing over?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)