|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
(a) As a nuisance.
(b) As the salt of the earth.
(c) As irresponsible but charming.
(d) As a stalwart supporter of the family.
2. What does Sam swear to Henny?
(a) He loves her more than anything.
(b) He has been faithful since his last lapse.
(c) His affairs don't matter to him.
(d) He has never cheated on her.
3. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Sam and Colonel Willets?
(a) Colonel Willets simply doesn't like Sam.
(b) Colonel Willets resents Sam's easy-going personality.
(c) Colonel Willets is afraid of Sam's ambition.
(d) Colonel Willets loathes Sam's intellectual background.
4. Where is Henny's special place?
(a) A tree in the woods.
(b) Her parents' estate.
(c) A stool in the corner.
(d) A room above the living room.
5. What is the atmosphere like at Tohoga House when Jo arrives there?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
2. What is Louie like when her parents are gone?
3. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
4. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
5. Why does the Pollit family have to leave Georgetown?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)