|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam's response to this event?
(a) He is determined to enjoy the summer.
(b) He rants and raves about the injustice of it.
(c) He starts looking for work immediately.
(d) He consumes himself in preparing to present his case.
2. Whose family home is Monocacy?
(a) Bert Anderson's.
3. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
(a) Hire another person.
(b) Stop working.
(c) Stop mothering.
(d) Leave Sam.
4. What does Sam tell Louie about?
(a) His affairs and her mother's anger.
(b) The impending divorce.
(c) The brilliance of her future.
(d) The suffering in his marriage.
5. What was David Collyer's relationship with Archie Lessinum?
(a) He chose him for his daughter.
(b) He employed him at Monocacy.
(c) Lessinum was an old enemy of Collyer's.
(d) He employed him at one of his facilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news comes at the end of the celebration at Tohoga House?
2. What does Sam talk about with Whitey?
3. How does the narrator characterize Josephine Pollit?
4. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
5. How does Sam anger Colonel Willets?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)