|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Henny and Old Ellen talk about?
(a) How women poison themselves.
(b) How to stay in a bad marriage.
(c) Why couples split up.
(d) What do to about Sam's inappropriate relationship with the children.
2. What worries Henny after David Collyer's funeral?
(a) Where they will get money from.
(b) When they will be evicted.
(c) How she will get through the summer without Louie or Hazel Moore.
(d) Who she can ask for money.
3. Where has Henny been when she comes home?
(c) In the woods.
(d) At work.
4. What will Sam's heroism mean for him?
(a) Travel expenses.
(b) A large promotion.
(c) More authority over his department.
(d) A year of travel.
5. How does Sam contrast his relationship with the children with Henny's relationship?
(a) He doesn't know them at all, whereas she knows them intimately.
(b) He tries to teach them, but she doesn't.
(c) He is less protective of the children.
(d) He is friendly with them, whereas she treats them all like enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam think about as he walks through Georgetown?
2. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
3. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
4. Who is Beulah?
5. In what way does Colonel Willets see David Collyer's death as an opportunity?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)