|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the house Sam finds?
(a) It will have to be totally rebuilt.
(b) It needs work.
(c) It is a wreck.
(d) It is splendid.
2. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she had children.
(b) When she gave up her inheritance.
(c) When she married Sam.
(d) When she bought the house.
3. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
4. What 'crime' does Nellie hold against Louie?
(a) The time she forgot her homework.
(b) The time she took flowers from someone's yard to give a neighbor.
(c) She time she got sick and needed to be taken care of.
(d) The time she lost her keys.
5. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
(a) He has control over everything; she only has control over the children, sometimes.
(b) He is always coming and going; she is trapped.
(c) He lives in a floating cloud; she lives in the back alleys.
(d) He lives on the earth; she lives in the atmosphere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the atmosphere like at Tohoga House when Jo arrives there?
2. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
3. How does Sam anger Colonel Willets?
4. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
5. What upsets Sam after Henny gives birth?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)