|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam tell Louie about?
(a) The impending divorce.
(b) The suffering in his marriage.
(c) The brilliance of her future.
(d) His affairs and her mother's anger.
2. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
3. What does Henny complain about?
(a) Living so far from town.
(b) Being poor.
(c) The children.
(d) Sam's ego.
4. What is Louie's reaction when Sam reads her poetry?
(a) She is glad that her work is finally being heard.
(b) She is furious for the invasion of privacy.
(c) She is irritated, but not bothered much.
(d) She is glad to set a good example for her siblings.
5. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a stimulant.
(b) As a sounding board.
(c) As a comforter.
(d) As a minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, Saul Pilgrim is the only person who will ______________.
2. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
3. What do Henny and Old Ellen talk about?
4. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
5. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)