|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam and the other children make fun of Ernie for _____________.
(a) His foolishness.
(b) His weight.
(c) His concern about money.
(d) His awkwardness with girls.
2. What does Henny accuse Bert Anderson of?
(a) Hating her.
(b) Being selfish.
(c) Secretly loving her.
(d) Sleeping around.
3. What does Sam say about Ernie's character?
(a) He has gone rotten.
(b) He has lost his senses.
(c) He has matured.
(d) His morals have disimproved.
4. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She trusts the children to her.
(b) She fawns over her.
(c) She insults her constantly.
(d) She does not pay her any notice.
5. What is Sam's status in terms of work, in Chapter 9?
(a) He is still not working, but has a promise of work.
(b) He is still looking for work.
(c) He has a new job.
(d) He has been told that he is unemployable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the twins tell Sam about Ernie?
2. Who is Archie Lessinum?
3. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
4. What does Henny complain about?
5. What is the state of Sam and Henny's relationship when Henny is making a gift for Cathleen?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)