|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a minister.
(b) As a sounding board.
(c) As a stimulant.
(d) As a comforter.
2. What have the children become by the end of the summer?
(a) Disgusted with fishing.
(b) Little field biologists.
(c) Expert fishermen.
(d) Excellent poets.
3. What does Louie see when she looks into Henny's room?
(a) Sam and Henny talking softly.
(b) Henny standing over Sam with a razor in her hand.
(c) Sam sitting with his head in his hands and Henny ranting.
(d) Henny beating Sam.
4. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She does not pay her any notice.
(b) She trusts the children to her.
(c) She fawns over her.
(d) She insults her constantly.
5. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
(a) Henny's irresponsibility.
(b) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(c) Henny's health.
(d) Henny's sick father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
2. The boys think a marlin is a ___________.
3. When does Henny say she was tricked?
4. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
5. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)