|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henny like going to Washington D.C.?
(a) She can watch the rich people and envy them.
(b) She can pretend to be rich.
(c) She can buy things she can't get at home.
(d) She can hide the fact that she is poor.
2. Sam and the other children make fun of Ernie for _____________.
(a) His awkwardness with girls.
(b) His foolishness.
(c) His concern about money.
(d) His weight.
3. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
(a) He would be a friend to the children.
(b) He didn't know anything about children.
(c) He had no interest in the children.
(d) He was great with children.
4. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
5. According to the narrator, Saul Pilgrim is the only person who will ______________.
(a) Befriend Louie.
(b) Visit the Pollit house.
(c) Talk to Sam.
(d) Employ Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake has the Smithsonian made that infuriates Colonel Willets?
2. How does Henny escape from the house?
3. What is the state of Sam and Henny's relationship when Henny is making a gift for Cathleen?
4. What have the children become by the end of the summer?
5. What do the twins tell Sam about Ernie?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)