|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henny complain about?
(a) Being poor.
(b) Living so far from town.
(c) Sam's ego.
(d) The children.
2. What do Louie's cousins teacher her?
(a) How to tie knots.
(b) How to hunt.
(c) How to write.
(d) How to butcher pigs.
3. What is Henny's response when Sam confronts her?
(a) He is a worthless person, who has no right to accuse her.
(b) She knows who wrote the letter.
(c) She would never have betrayed him, even in spite of his infidelities.
(d) She has every right to have affairs, considering his infidelities.
4. The boys think a marlin is a ___________.
(a) Shady deal.
5. In what way is Nellie cruel to Louie?
(a) She berates her when she makes mistakes.
(b) She accuses her of other children's mistakes.
(c) She says that she is a bastard.
(d) She pokes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny characterize the difference between herself and Sam?
2. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
3. What does Sam say he wants from Josephine Pollit when she arrives?
4. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
5. Who is Archie Lessinum?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)