|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she gave up her inheritance.
(b) When she bought the house.
(c) When she married Sam.
(d) When she had children.
2. What does the narrator say is clear has happened since Henny left Tohoga House?
(a) She has learned to accept things with humor.
(b) She has resigned herself to her life.
(c) She has matured.
(d) She has aged.
3. What does Henny accuse Bert Anderson of?
(a) Hating her.
(b) Being selfish.
(c) Sleeping around.
(d) Secretly loving her.
4. What does Sam tell Louie about?
(a) The impending divorce.
(b) The brilliance of her future.
(c) The suffering in his marriage.
(d) His affairs and her mother's anger.
5. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
(a) Steals money.
(b) Gives notice that she is leaving.
(c) Becomes engaged to Mr. Gray.
(d) Gets drunk and neglects her work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nellie teach Louie?
2. What does Henny's friend say is the crux of her problems?
3. How old is Josephine Pollit?
4. What does the anonymous letter tell Sam?
5. How does Henny characterize Louie's teacher?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)