|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake has the Smithsonian made that infuriates Colonel Willets?
(a) They expected Sam and Colonel Willets to pay for their own expenses.
(b) They misunderstood Colonel Willets' requests for more assistance, and cut his budget instead.
(c) They refused to answer any of Colonel Willets' inquiries.
(d) They understood Sam to be the head of the expedition.
2. What state is Monocacy in when the Pollits arrive there in Chapter 5, Part 2?
3. What does Henny complain about?
(a) The children.
(b) Living so far from town.
(c) Sam's ego.
(d) Being poor.
4. Who is Rachel?
(a) Henny's sister.
(b) Sam's first wife.
(c) Louie's cousin.
(d) Louie's aunt.
5. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
(a) The parlor.
(c) The billiard room.
(d) The living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
2. What does Sam think Louie's reaction will be if he reads her poetry?
3. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
4. What does the narrator say Ernie is deeply concerned about?
5. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)