|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
(b) She says that he always hurts her.
(c) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
(d) She says that she is afraid to help him.
2. What does Ernie admire in his secret money box?
(a) Henny's foreign coins.
(b) His savings.
(c) A set of old keys.
(d) His collection of lead.
3. How old is Josephine Pollit?
(d) No one is sure.
4. Sam and the other children make fun of Ernie for _____________.
(a) His concern about money.
(b) His foolishness.
(c) His awkwardness with girls.
(d) His weight.
5. What does the narrator say is clear has happened since Henny left Tohoga House?
(a) She has learned to accept things with humor.
(b) She has aged.
(c) She has matured.
(d) She has resigned herself to her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henny accuse Bert Anderson of?
2. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
3. What does Louie see when she looks into Henny's room?
4. Who is Cathleen?
5. The boys think a marlin is a ___________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)