|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
(a) Henny's health.
(b) Henny's sick father.
(c) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(d) Henny's irresponsibility.
2. Sam and the other children make fun of Ernie for _____________.
(a) His concern about money.
(b) His foolishness.
(c) His weight.
(d) His awkwardness with girls.
3. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
(a) She fawns over her.
(b) She insults her constantly.
(c) She trusts the children to her.
(d) She does not pay her any notice.
4. According to the narrator, Saul Pilgrim is the only person who will ______________.
(a) Talk to Sam.
(b) Employ Sam.
(c) Visit the Pollit house.
(d) Befriend Louie.
5. Henny plans to ask her friend for ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Ernie is deeply concerned about?
2. What does Cathleen love more than anything?
3. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
4. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
5. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)