|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henny leave her argument with Bert Anderson?
(a) She tells Bert that she doesn't want to hear from him until he apologizes.
(b) She takes some time to think about things.
(c) She severs the friendship.
(d) She repairs the conversation.
2. What does Sam say about Ernie's character?
(a) He has gone rotten.
(b) He has matured.
(c) His morals have disimproved.
(d) He has lost his senses.
3. What does Henny's friend tell her?
(a) She should travel.
(b) She should divorce Sam.
(c) She should stop dwelling on the negative things.
(d) She should get help.
4. What does Nellie teach Louie?
(a) How to tie knots.
(b) How to plant trees.
(c) How to bake.
(d) French words.
5. Who is Archie Lessinum?
(a) Old Ellen's son-in-law.
(b) Henny's old boyfriend.
(c) Henny's cousin.
(d) A housekeeper at Monocacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Henny, Hassie, and Old Ellen characterize Barry?
2. How does Henny characterize Louie's teacher?
3. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
4. What is Sam's status in terms of work, in Chapter 9?
5. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)