|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
(a) Her family neglects her and lets her have her freedom.
(b) Her family is happy to have her.
(c) Her family lets her do whatever she wants.
(d) She doesn't have to look after her siblings there.
2. Sam and the other children make fun of Ernie for _____________.
(a) His foolishness.
(b) His concern about money.
(c) His awkwardness with girls.
(d) His weight.
3. What does Sam tell Louie about?
(a) The brilliance of her future.
(b) His affairs and her mother's anger.
(c) The suffering in his marriage.
(d) The impending divorce.
4. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
(a) She carries on, but her feelings blow over quickly.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She flees into the woods.
(d) She denies everything.
5. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
(a) As a guest.
(b) As equals.
(c) As his boss.
(d) As his representative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henny's mother doing when Henny arrives at Monocacy?
2. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
3. What do the twins tell Sam about Ernie?
4. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
5. What does Ernie admire in his secret money box?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)