|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
(a) Lovable nuisance.
(d) Prodigal daughter.
2. What do Louie's siblings taunt her about?
(a) Being dumb.
(b) Thinking she's superior.
(c) Being in love with her teacher.
(d) Being in love with a boy.
3. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
(a) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(b) Henny's irresponsibility.
(c) Henny's sick father.
(d) Henny's health.
4. What does Henny snap at when she is in a foul mood?
(a) Miss Aiden for taking care of Louie.
(b) Louie for being dirty.
(c) Sam for his infidelities.
(d) Tommy for mouthing off.
5. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
(a) The parlor.
(c) The living room.
(d) The billiard room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nellie say Louie is going to go?
2. What does Louie see when she looks into Henny's room?
3. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
4. What reason does Sam give for his marriage to Henny?
5. How does Henny escape from the house?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)