|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What 'crime' does Nellie hold against Louie?
(a) She time she got sick and needed to be taken care of.
(b) The time she took flowers from someone's yard to give a neighbor.
(c) The time she lost her keys.
(d) The time she forgot her homework.
2. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
(b) The billiard room.
(c) The living room.
(d) The parlor.
3. What have the children become by the end of the summer?
(a) Excellent poets.
(b) Expert fishermen.
(c) Little field biologists.
(d) Disgusted with fishing.
4. What is Sam's status in terms of work, in Chapter 9?
(a) He has a new job.
(b) He is still looking for work.
(c) He has been told that he is unemployable.
(d) He is still not working, but has a promise of work.
5. What is Bonnie's reaction when Jo Pollit talks to her?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She flees into the woods.
(c) She denies everything.
(d) She carries on, but her feelings blow over quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Beulah?
2. What does Sam tell Louie about?
3. What do Henny and Old Ellen talk about?
4. What does the anonymous letter tell Sam?
5. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)