|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
2. What have the children become by the end of the summer?
(a) Expert fishermen.
(b) Excellent poets.
(c) Disgusted with fishing.
(d) Little field biologists.
3. How old is Josephine Pollit?
(b) No one is sure.
4. Why is Henny irritated by the children writing letters to Sam in Malaysia?
(a) They never finish their stories.
(b) They don't know how to spell simple words.
(c) They have too many questions.
(d) They don't write quickly.
5. What is Louie's reaction when Sam reads her poetry?
(a) She is irritated, but not bothered much.
(b) She is glad to set a good example for her siblings.
(c) She is glad that her work is finally being heard.
(d) She is furious for the invasion of privacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Louie's cousins teacher her?
2. What does Louie see when she looks into Henny's room?
3. What worries Sam about leaving Henny in charge of the house while he is gone?
4. Where does Beulah live?
5. What does Henny snap at when she is in a foul mood?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)