|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam's status in terms of work, in Chapter 9?
(a) He has been told that he is unemployable.
(b) He is still looking for work.
(c) He is still not working, but has a promise of work.
(d) He has a new job.
2. What does Henny want of Hazel Moore?
(a) She wants her to take the kids for some time.
(b) She wants her to stop gossiping.
(c) She wants her as a servant.
(d) She wants her as a friend.
3. What is Beulah's family business?
(a) Butchering chickens.
(b) Selling dry goods.
(c) Selling horses and cattle.
(d) Selling produce and farm products.
4. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To do well in school.
(b) To make her proud.
(c) To never beg.
(d) To mind their parents.
5. What 'crime' does Nellie hold against Louie?
(a) The time she lost her keys.
(b) The time she forgot her homework.
(c) She time she got sick and needed to be taken care of.
(d) The time she took flowers from someone's yard to give a neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam say he wants from Josephine Pollit when she arrives?
2. Sam and the other children make fun of Ernie for _____________.
3. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Henny and her friend?
4. How does Sam tell Naden to address him?
5. Why does Henny refuse to write to Sam?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)