|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Henny and Old Ellen talk about?
(a) What do to about Sam's inappropriate relationship with the children.
(b) How women poison themselves.
(c) Why couples split up.
(d) How to stay in a bad marriage.
2. What does Louie see when she looks into Henny's room?
(a) Sam and Henny talking softly.
(b) Sam sitting with his head in his hands and Henny ranting.
(c) Henny beating Sam.
(d) Henny standing over Sam with a razor in her hand.
3. What does Hazel Moore do to upset Henny?
(a) Gets drunk and neglects her work.
(b) Steals money.
(c) Becomes engaged to Mr. Gray.
(d) Gives notice that she is leaving.
4. Who is Hazel Moore?
(a) Henny's father's mistress.
(b) The gardener at Monocacy.
(c) The housekeeper at Monocacy.
(d) The steward at Monocacy.
5. What does Sam swear to Henny?
(a) He has never cheated on her.
(b) His affairs don't matter to him.
(c) He loves her more than anything.
(d) He has been faithful since his last lapse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
2. The boys think a marlin is a ___________.
3. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
4. What does Sam think Louie's reaction will be if he reads her poetry?
5. What do the twins tell Sam about Ernie?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)