|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louie's reaction when Sam reads her poetry?
(a) She is irritated, but not bothered much.
(b) She is glad to set a good example for her siblings.
(c) She is glad that her work is finally being heard.
(d) She is furious for the invasion of privacy.
2. When does Henny say she was tricked?
(a) When she gave up her inheritance.
(b) When she married Sam.
(c) When she had children.
(d) When she bought the house.
3. What does Sam swear to Henny?
(a) He has been faithful since his last lapse.
(b) His affairs don't matter to him.
(c) He loves her more than anything.
(d) He has never cheated on her.
4. Who is Hazel Moore?
(a) The steward at Monocacy.
(b) The gardener at Monocacy.
(c) The housekeeper at Monocacy.
(d) Henny's father's mistress.
5. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
(a) He didn't know anything about children.
(b) He was great with children.
(c) He had no interest in the children.
(d) He would be a friend to the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henny complain about?
2. Who is Archie Lessinum?
3. What was David Collyer's relationship with Archie Lessinum?
4. What mistake has the Smithsonian made that infuriates Colonel Willets?
5. How does the narrator say Henny treats Louie when she takes the children to Washington D.C. for shoes?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)