|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Henny do what she would like to do to Sam?
(a) She says that she is afraid to help him.
(b) She says that she'd be burdened with his brats.
(c) She says that she can't afford to reward him.
(d) She says that he always hurts her.
2. How does Henny characterize Louie's teacher?
(b) Salt of the earth.
3. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
(a) To never beg.
(b) To do well in school.
(c) To mind their parents.
(d) To make her proud.
4. What is Beulah's family business?
(a) Selling produce and farm products.
(b) Selling horses and cattle.
(c) Butchering chickens.
(d) Selling dry goods.
5. How does Henny use the friend she meets in Washington D.C.?
(a) As a minister.
(b) As a sounding board.
(c) As a stimulant.
(d) As a comforter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cathleen?
2. Why does Louie feel at home with Beulah?
3. What does Henny snap at when she is in a foul mood?
4. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
5. The boys think a marlin is a ___________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)