|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
(a) He had no interest in the children.
(b) He was great with children.
(c) He didn't know anything about children.
(d) He would be a friend to the children.
2. What does Henny threaten to do if she cannot have her way with Hazel Moore?
(a) Hire another person.
(b) Stop working.
(c) Stop mothering.
(d) Leave Sam.
3. Whose family home is Monocacy?
(d) Bert Anderson's.
4. What is Sam's status in terms of work, in Chapter 9?
(a) He has a new job.
(b) He has been told that he is unemployable.
(c) He is still not working, but has a promise of work.
(d) He is still looking for work.
5. What does Sam swear to Henny?
(a) His affairs don't matter to him.
(b) He has been faithful since his last lapse.
(c) He has never cheated on her.
(d) He loves her more than anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beulah's family business?
2. How does Henny say she thinks of Louie?
3. What has Henny begun to do in front of the children?
4. Why does Henny like going to Washington D.C.?
5. How does Henny refer to the heart of Washington D.C.?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)