|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Josephine Pollit tells Sam about _____________.
(a) A death.
(b) An illness.
(c) Bonnie's affair.
(d) A car accident.
2. How did Beulah take care of Louie and the children?
(a) In an annual summer visit.
(b) She hardly saw them except briefly at holidays.
(c) In constant short visits throughout the year.
(d) She lives with Henny and the children part-time.
3. Where are the children excluded from at Monocacy?
(a) The living room.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The billiard room.
4. What did Louie's mother say about Sam when she was dying?
(a) He had no interest in the children.
(b) He didn't know anything about children.
(c) He was great with children.
(d) He would be a friend to the children.
5. What does Henny snap at when she is in a foul mood?
(a) Louie for being dirty.
(b) Tommy for mouthing off.
(c) Miss Aiden for taking care of Louie.
(d) Sam for his infidelities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henny's friend tell her?
2. What does Ernie admire in his secret money box?
3. What does Josephine Pollit tell the children?
4. What is Sam's status in terms of work, in Chapter 9?
5. What is Josephine Pollit's role in the Pollit family?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)