One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the twins tell Sam about Ernie?
(a) He has been saving receipts.
(b) He has been collecting lead.
(c) He has been taking economics courses.
(d) He has been saving money.
2. What do Sam and Henny argue about when they consider Sam's departure?
(a) Henny's incompetence about money.
(b) Henny's hatred for Louie.
(c) Sam's affairs.
(d) An affair Henny had.
3. Why is Henny irritated by the children writing letters to Sam in Malaysia?
(a) They have too many questions.
(b) They don't know how to spell simple words.
(c) They don't write quickly.
(d) They never finish their stories.
4. What mistake has the Smithsonian made that infuriates Colonel Willets?
(a) They understood Sam to be the head of the expedition.
(b) They expected Sam and Colonel Willets to pay for their own expenses.
(c) They misunderstood Colonel Willets' requests for more assistance, and cut his budget instead.
(d) They refused to answer any of Colonel Willets' inquiries.
5. Who is Hazel Moore?
(a) The housekeeper at Monocacy.
(b) The steward at Monocacy.
(c) Henny's father's mistress.
(d) The gardener at Monocacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henny say she would like to do to Sam?
2. What does Henny take from Ernie?
3. What does Saul Pilgrim talk about when he comes to visit?
4. Whose family home is Monocacy?
5. What does Sam think Louie's reaction will be if he reads her poetry?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)