|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the young male deer hate in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. How many National NIRA All-Around Championships did Monty Roberts win between 1950 and 1969?
3. After working with Monty, Lomitas was reinstated and named what?
4. The young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends knocked over a photo of whom?
5. From 1973 to 1986, Monty Roberts was a leading consignor to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Monty's work with deer show in terms of his abilities with animals?
2. How did Monty feel performing before the Queen in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
3. What young male deer does Monty describe in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
4. What did Monty suggest his disabled friend could use in order to return to work for him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
5. Who assisted Monty in working with Lomitas? What did they inspect about the horse first?
6. What was the Queen's reaction to Monty's work in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
7. What injury did Monty experience in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How did he recover?
8. How did Monty feel about having performed for and been approved by the Queen?
9. What experience did Monty have with the horse Prince of Darkness?
10. What did Crawford Hall write in the text about his experience working at Flag is Up Farms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the film East of Eden, Elia Kazan and James Dean. When and where was East of Eden produced? What is the subject of the movie?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the horse Brownie and the lessons Monty learned from working with him. How was Brownie traumatized by Monty's father?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the effect of Japanese-American internment camps in California and the impact of moving on Monty. Who amongst Monty's friends or acquaintances was imprisoned? Why?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)