|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who poisoned Lomitas in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
2. Monty wrote that when he speaks with _______ groups they cannot believe the work he does with deer.
3. How much did Johnny Trivio weigh?
4. Clark Hall was the owner of what type of operation?
5. Monty seeks to communicate with horses on what level?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Monty's work with deer show in terms of his abilities with animals?
2. What did Crawford Hall write in the text about his experience working at Flag is Up Farms?
3. What experience did Monty have with the horse Prince of Darkness?
4. How did meeting the Queen validate Monty? How did this relate to his father?
5. What horse passed away in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How does Monty describe him?
6. What are some of the bizarre actions of the deer Yoplait in the narrative?
7. What themes are reflected in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
8. What did Monty write of achieving the Queen's approval in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
9. How did Monty feel about his experience with Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? What was his next focus?
10. What young male deer does Monty describe in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of the narrative of Salinas, California in the 1930s and 40s. What caused the decline in the wild horse population? What global events took place at this time?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the competitions Monty Roberts participated in during his teenage years and the awards he won. How many awards did Roberts earn between 1940 and 1955?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the transition of Monty's relationship with his father. How large was Monty as a child? When was he capable of standing up to his father?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)