|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Monty meet the horse Lomitas?
2. What happened after Lomitas injured people while racing?
3. What did Monty think his friend could use in order to help out on Flag is Up Farms in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
4. How did Monty's friend become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
5. What did Monty suddenly have a medical issue with in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Monty's work with deer show in terms of his abilities with animals?
2. What happened to Lomitas in the end? How many mares did he go on to spawn?
3. What injury did Monty experience in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How did he recover?
4. What did Monty often wonder about deer in the beginning of Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
5. Who assisted Monty in working with Lomitas? What did they inspect about the horse first?
6. What friend did Monty learn had become disabled in an accident in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
7. How did meeting the Queen validate Monty? How did this relate to his father?
8. What was the Queen's reaction to Monty's work in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
9. Describe Monty's invitation in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life. Where was he to go?
10. What did Monty suggest his disabled friend could use in order to return to work for him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Wild Horse Races and the Salinas Rodeo. Do Wild Horse Races still take place today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What accusations were made in the book Horse Whispers & Lies? Who wrote this book? Do you agree with Monty or his relatives regarding his father's abuse? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Monty's lower back problems and subsequent surgery. How likely was it for Monty to ride again? How successful was his surgery?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)