|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said "That was one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen in my life" in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
2. Who is the current Queen of England?
3. Clark Hall was the owner of what type of operation?
4. What friend did Monty discover had become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
5. Who poisoned Lomitas in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Monty meet the horse Lomitas? How was he brought to Monty?
2. What was the Queen's reaction to Monty's work in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
3. What young male deer does Monty describe in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
4. What awards did Lomitas go on to earn after working with Monty?
5. Who assisted Monty in working with Lomitas? What did they inspect about the horse first?
6. What are some of the bizarre actions of the deer Yoplait in the narrative?
7. What themes are reflected in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
8. What did Crawford Hall write in the text about his experience working at Flag is Up Farms?
9. What did Monty suggest his disabled friend could use in order to return to work for him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
10. How did meeting the Queen validate Monty? How did this relate to his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of the narrative of Salinas, California in the 1930s and 40s. What caused the decline in the wild horse population? What global events took place at this time?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the life and career of Monty Roberts. What elements of Roberts' work have made him stand out in the horse training world?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the courting and wedding of Monty and Patricia in the narrative. How did Pat contribute to Monty's theories and work?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)