|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Monty give Crawford Hall at the ranch in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
2. What did Monty suddenly have a medical issue with in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. From 1973 to 1986, Monty Roberts was a leading consignor to what?
4. Who did the young male deer hate in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
5. What did Monty discover he could have with a deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Monty suggest his disabled friend could use in order to return to work for him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
2. What awards did Lomitas go on to earn after working with Monty?
3. What deer did Monty refer to as the sweetest? What did she teach him about deer?
4. How did meeting the Queen validate Monty? How did this relate to his father?
5. What horse passed away in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How does Monty describe him?
6. How did Monty feel about having performed for and been approved by the Queen?
7. Describe Monty's invitation in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life. Where was he to go?
8. What did Monty often wonder about deer in the beginning of Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
9. What are some of the bizarre actions of the deer Yoplait in the narrative?
10. What did Monty remark about fight-or-flight in deer? What did he name his first deer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the life and career of Monty Roberts. What elements of Roberts' work have made him stand out in the horse training world?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the horse Brownie and the lessons Monty learned from working with him. How was Brownie traumatized by Monty's father?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the animal body language, horse-training techniques, and Monty's experiences watching mustangs in the wild. How is their behavior described?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)