|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
2. Where did Monty move with his family in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. The man who owned Lomitas was from where?
4. Meeting the Queen of England was what for Monty?
5. What was left dead of feeling for Monty in the end of Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deer did Monty refer to as the sweetest? What did she teach him about deer?
2. What did Monty write of achieving the Queen's approval in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
3. What did Monty suggest his disabled friend could use in order to return to work for him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
4. What awards did Lomitas go on to earn after working with Monty?
5. What injury did Monty experience in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How did he recover?
6. Who assisted Monty in working with Lomitas? What did they inspect about the horse first?
7. What happened to Lomitas in the end? How many mares did he go on to spawn?
8. What themes are reflected in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
9. How did Monty feel about his experience with Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? What was his next focus?
10. When did Monty meet the horse Lomitas? How was he brought to Monty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the film East of Eden, Elia Kazan and James Dean. When and where was East of Eden produced? What is the subject of the movie?
Essay Topic 2
Describe bipolar disorder and "sand-castle syndrome." Who informed Monty of Harcourt's disease? What was Monty's reaction?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the competitions Monty Roberts participated in during his teenage years and the awards he won. How many awards did Roberts earn between 1940 and 1955?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)