|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Lomitas described as in the text?
2. What treatment did Monty finally receive for his medical condition in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. What did Monty discover he could have with a deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
4. Who did the young male deer hate in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
5. How did Monty's friend become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the film East of Eden, Elia Kazan and James Dean. When and where was East of Eden produced? What is the subject of the movie?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the effect of Japanese-American internment camps in California and the impact of moving on Monty. Who amongst Monty's friends or acquaintances was imprisoned? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Wild Horse Races and the Salinas Rodeo. Do Wild Horse Races still take place today? Why or why not?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)