|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Johnny Trivio?
2. How did the young male deer act toward Monty in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
3. How did Monty feel about his experiences with Hastings Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
4. What did Lomitas' earnings climb to after working with Monty Roberts?
5. When did Marvin Roberts write his own book about horse training?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Monty remark about fight-or-flight in deer? What did he name his first deer?
2. What are some of the bizarre actions of the deer Yoplait in the narrative?
3. What did Crawford Hall write in the text about his experience working at Flag is Up Farms?
4. What themes are reflected in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
5. What deer did Monty refer to as the sweetest? What did she teach him about deer?
6. What did Monty write of achieving the Queen's approval in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
7. What did Monty suggest his disabled friend could use in order to return to work for him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
8. How did meeting the Queen validate Monty? How did this relate to his father?
9. How did Monty feel performing before the Queen in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
10. How did Monty feel about having performed for and been approved by the Queen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe different examples of foreshadowing in the narrative and the theme of entrepreneurship in Monty's life. What creative ways did Monty go about earning money as a child?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Monty's friendship with James Dean. How and where did they meet? What did Monty teach Dean?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of the narrative of Salinas, California in the 1930s and 40s. What caused the decline in the wild horse population? What global events took place at this time?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)