|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Johnny Trivio?
2. What color is Lomitas described as in the text?
3. What did Monty think his friend could use in order to help out on Flag is Up Farms in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
4. How long did Monty spend in a rack in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
5. What is the name of Monty Roberts' brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Monty feel about having performed for and been approved by the Queen?
2. What was the Queen's reaction to Monty's work in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
3. How did meeting the Queen validate Monty? How did this relate to his father?
4. What did Monty write of achieving the Queen's approval in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
5. What did Crawford Hall write in the text about his experience working at Flag is Up Farms?
6. What horse passed away in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How does Monty describe him?
7. How did Monty feel performing before the Queen in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
8. What did Monty's work with deer show in terms of his abilities with animals?
9. What young male deer does Monty describe in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
10. What injury did Monty experience in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How did he recover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the courting and wedding of Monty and Patricia in the narrative. How did Pat contribute to Monty's theories and work?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Monty's friendship with James Dean. How and where did they meet? What did Monty teach Dean?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the film East of Eden, Elia Kazan and James Dean. When and where was East of Eden produced? What is the subject of the movie?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)