|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Monty spend in a rack in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
2. Monty seeks to communicate with horses on what level?
3. Where did Pat find the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends one day?
4. How much did Johnny Trivio weigh?
5. What did Monty call the young male deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What horse passed away in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How does Monty describe him?
2. What did Monty's work with deer show in terms of his abilities with animals?
3. What deer did Monty refer to as the sweetest? What did she teach him about deer?
4. What experience did Monty have with the horse Prince of Darkness?
5. What friend did Monty learn had become disabled in an accident in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
6. How did Monty feel performing before the Queen in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
7. What did Monty remark about fight-or-flight in deer? What did he name his first deer?
8. Describe Monty's invitation in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life. Where was he to go?
9. What young male deer does Monty describe in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
10. What did Monty write of achieving the Queen's approval in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the transition of Monty's relationship with his father. How large was Monty as a child? When was he capable of standing up to his father?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Crawford Hall. What led to Hall's disability? How did Monty discover his friend had been paralyzed? How did Monty help his friend out?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of the narrative of Salinas, California in the 1930s and 40s. What caused the decline in the wild horse population? What global events took place at this time?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)