|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lomitas was the highest rated two-year-old horse in Germany in what year?
2. What did Lomitas' earnings climb to after working with Monty Roberts?
3. Clark Hall was the owner of what type of operation?
4. Where would the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends go when Monty left the farm?
5. When did the Queen of England's golden jubilee take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injury did Monty experience in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How did he recover?
2. How did Monty feel performing before the Queen in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
3. What did Crawford Hall write in the text about his experience working at Flag is Up Farms?
4. What did Monty suggest his disabled friend could use in order to return to work for him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
5. Describe Monty's invitation in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life. Where was he to go?
6. What horse passed away in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How does Monty describe him?
7. What deer did Monty refer to as the sweetest? What did she teach him about deer?
8. What did Monty often wonder about deer in the beginning of Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
9. How did meeting the Queen validate Monty? How did this relate to his father?
10. What did Monty write of achieving the Queen's approval in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the courting and wedding of Monty and Patricia in the narrative. How did Pat contribute to Monty's theories and work?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the horse Brownie and the lessons Monty learned from working with him. How was Brownie traumatized by Monty's father?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Wild Horse Races and the Salinas Rodeo. Do Wild Horse Races still take place today? Why or why not?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)