Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crawford Hall's family build him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
2. Lomitas was the highest rated two-year-old horse in Germany in what year?
3. What young man did Monty have help him in working with Lomitas?
4. What did Monty call the first deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
5. The book Horse Whispers and Lies claims that who was actually a kind, compassionate man?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Wild Horse Races and the Salinas Rodeo. Do Wild Horse Races still take place today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Great Depression and the financial downfall which Monty's family faced. What protective laws or regulations ensured that child actors and stunt doubles were treated ethically at this time?
Essay Topic 3
Describe bipolar disorder and "sand-castle syndrome." Who informed Monty of Harcourt's disease? What was Monty's reaction?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)