|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crawford Hall's family build him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
2. Lomitas was the highest rated two-year-old horse in Germany in what year?
3. What young man did Monty have help him in working with Lomitas?
4. What did Monty call the first deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
5. The book Horse Whispers and Lies claims that who was actually a kind, compassionate man?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Monty's relationship with his father and the theme of abuse in the narrative. Until what age was Monty regularly abused?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the animal body language, horse-training techniques, and Monty's experiences watching mustangs in the wild. How is their behavior described?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Great Depression and the financial downfall which Monty's family faced. What protective laws or regulations ensured that child actors and stunt doubles were treated ethically at this time?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)