|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Lomitas described as in the text?
2. What did Monty save one day in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
3. What did Monty call the first deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
4. When was the book Horse Whispers & Lies published?
5. How long did Monty spend in a rack in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
Short Essay Questions
1. What young male deer does Monty describe in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. Describe Monty's invitation in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life. Where was he to go?
3. How did Monty feel about having performed for and been approved by the Queen?
4. What are some of the bizarre actions of the deer Yoplait in the narrative?
5. What horse passed away in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How does Monty describe him?
6. How did Monty feel about his experience with Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? What was his next focus?
7. What experience did Monty have with the horse Prince of Darkness?
8. When did Monty meet the horse Lomitas? How was he brought to Monty?
9. What did Crawford Hall write in the text about his experience working at Flag is Up Farms?
10. What awards did Lomitas go on to earn after working with Monty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Monty's friendship with James Dean. How and where did they meet? What did Monty teach Dean?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the animal body language, horse-training techniques, and Monty's experiences watching mustangs in the wild. How is their behavior described?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the transition of Monty's relationship with his father. How large was Monty as a child? When was he capable of standing up to his father?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)