|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was left dead of feeling for Monty in the end of Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
2. What name refers to a female deer?
3. How many mares did Lomitas go on to spawn after being retired?
4. The book Horse Whispers and Lies claims that who was actually a kind, compassionate man?
5. What was the name of Pat's dog which was intimidated by the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the life and career of Monty Roberts. What elements of Roberts' work have made him stand out in the horse training world?
Essay Topic 2
Describe bipolar disorder and "sand-castle syndrome." Who informed Monty of Harcourt's disease? What was Monty's reaction?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the establishment of Flag is Up Farms in Santa Ynez, California. How long did the operation stay running? Is it still running today?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)