|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Monty invited to meet the Queen of England in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
2. Clark Hall was the owner of what type of operation?
3. When was the book Horse Whispers & Lies published?
4. What is the name of Monty Roberts' brother?
5. What refers to an athletic contest comprising five different track and field events and won by the contestant gaining the highest total score?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Monty feel performing before the Queen in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
2. What did Monty suggest his disabled friend could use in order to return to work for him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. How did meeting the Queen validate Monty? How did this relate to his father?
4. What deer did Monty refer to as the sweetest? What did she teach him about deer?
5. What experience did Monty have with the horse Prince of Darkness?
6. What are some of the bizarre actions of the deer Yoplait in the narrative?
7. What themes are reflected in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
8. What awards did Lomitas go on to earn after working with Monty?
9. What did Monty remark about fight-or-flight in deer? What did he name his first deer?
10. What young male deer does Monty describe in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the film East of Eden, Elia Kazan and James Dean. When and where was East of Eden produced? What is the subject of the movie?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the effect of Japanese-American internment camps in California and the impact of moving on Monty. Who amongst Monty's friends or acquaintances was imprisoned? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the establishment of Flag is Up Farms in Santa Ynez, California. How long did the operation stay running? Is it still running today?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)