|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book Horse Whispers & Lies?
2. In what year did Monty meet the horse Lomitas?
3. When did Marvin Roberts write his own book about horse training?
4. What did Monty save one day in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
5. What name refers to a female deer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Queen's reaction to Monty's work in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
2. What friend did Monty learn had become disabled in an accident in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. What awards did Lomitas go on to earn after working with Monty?
4. What themes are reflected in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
5. How did Monty feel performing before the Queen in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
6. What deer did Monty refer to as the sweetest? What did she teach him about deer?
7. What did Monty write of achieving the Queen's approval in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
8. What did Monty often wonder about deer in the beginning of Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
9. Who assisted Monty in working with Lomitas? What did they inspect about the horse first?
10. What did Crawford Hall write in the text about his experience working at Flag is Up Farms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the establishment of Flag is Up Farms in Santa Ynez, California. How long did the operation stay running? Is it still running today?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the courting and wedding of Monty and Patricia in the narrative. How did Pat contribute to Monty's theories and work?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Monty's lower back problems and subsequent surgery. How likely was it for Monty to ride again? How successful was his surgery?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)