|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty discover he could have with a deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. What happened after Lomitas injured people while racing?
3. What name refers to a male deer?
4. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
5. What treatment did Monty finally receive for his medical condition in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Monty feel about his experience with Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? What was his next focus?
2. What injury did Monty experience in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How did he recover?
3. What did Monty remark about fight-or-flight in deer? What did he name his first deer?
4. What was the Queen's reaction to Monty's work in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
5. Who assisted Monty in working with Lomitas? What did they inspect about the horse first?
6. How did Monty feel about having performed for and been approved by the Queen?
7. What awards did Lomitas go on to earn after working with Monty?
8. What experience did Monty have with the horse Prince of Darkness?
9. How did Monty feel performing before the Queen in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
10. What happened to Lomitas in the end? How many mares did he go on to spawn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the film East of Eden, Elia Kazan and James Dean. When and where was East of Eden produced? What is the subject of the movie?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Crawford Hall. What led to Hall's disability? How did Monty discover his friend had been paralyzed? How did Monty help his friend out?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the effect of Japanese-American internment camps in California and the impact of moving on Monty. Who amongst Monty's friends or acquaintances was imprisoned? Why?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)