|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Monty when he married?
2. One day when Monty's father hit him in Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty did what?
3. What did Monty's father offer to rent to Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
4. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
5. Once Monty was free to some extent from his father's rule, he decided that instead of doing rodeos, he would join the wrestling and what team?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Monty discover on his first trip for wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. Who did Monty meet at age 31 in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
4. Why did Monty's family move in 1942? What happened to their horses?
5. What position did Harcourt offer Monty at the facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? How did it develop?
6. What loss did Monty suffer in Chapter 3, East of Eden? How did his father assist him in digging a grave?
7. What awards does Monty describe having won in the beginning of Chapter 3, East of Eden?
8. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
9. For whom did Monty perform as a stunt double when a child? Who arranged his contracts?
10. What setting does Monty Roberts depict in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Hastings Harcourt and the empire he inherited. Where did Harcourt have property? How much did he spend on horses?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the horse Brownie and the lessons Monty learned from working with him. How was Brownie traumatized by Monty's father?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the competitions Monty Roberts participated in during his teenage years and the awards he won. How many awards did Roberts earn between 1940 and 1955?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)