|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of the thoroughbred facility did Monty receive with the option of buying in more later in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. How many children did Monty and his wife have?
3. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
4. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
5. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What budget did the millionaire in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome give Monty to guy two horses? What did he buy?
2. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
3. What did the crowd yell when horses were injured at the rodeo in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? Why?
4. What setting does Monty Roberts depict in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. For whom did Monty perform as a stunt double when a child? Who arranged his contracts?
6. What awards does Monty describe having won in the beginning of Chapter 3, East of Eden?
7. Who did Monty meet at age 31 in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
8. Where was the majority of the wild horse population in Monty's childhood? When and why did he first visit there?
9. How did Monty meet Patricia? What role has she played in his life?
10. How did the move in 1942 affect Monty? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the transition of Monty's relationship with his father. How large was Monty as a child? When was he capable of standing up to his father?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the establishment of Flag is Up Farms in Santa Ynez, California. How long did the operation stay running? Is it still running today?
Essay Topic 3
Describe different examples of foreshadowing in the narrative and the theme of entrepreneurship in Monty's life. What creative ways did Monty go about earning money as a child?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)