|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty's father never show him as a child?
2. What kind tutor with a 1940s hairstyle was Monty's babysitter and also his teacher?
3. What was the name of the medium brown horse with a white dot between his eyes that Monty met in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. Who directed the film "East of Eden"?
5. Where did Monty go to look for wild horses at age fourteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Monty meet Patricia? What role has she played in his life?
2. What setting does Monty Roberts depict in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. Where was the majority of the wild horse population in Monty's childhood? When and why did he first visit there?
4. What was Monty's father's reaction when Monty showed him his techniques on horses as a child?
5. How does Monty describe meeting Brownie in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
6. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
7. Why did Monty's family move in 1942? What happened to their horses?
8. How did Monty develop his techniques in his teens? What basic concepts were established?
9. Who did Monty meet at age 31 in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
10. What was Monty's reaction when Harcourt pulled out of the operation in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Wild Horse Races and the Salinas Rodeo. Do Wild Horse Races still take place today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe different examples of foreshadowing in the narrative and the theme of entrepreneurship in Monty's life. What creative ways did Monty go about earning money as a child?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Monty's relationship with his father and the theme of abuse in the narrative. Until what age was Monty regularly abused?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)