Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. How old was Monty when he met Hastings Harcourt?
3. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
4. What did Monty never see any of from his film work?
5. In what year was "East of Eden" shot in Salinas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What loss did Monty suffer in Chapter 3, East of Eden? How did his father assist him in digging a grave?
2. What did Monty's work with deer show in terms of his abilities with animals?
3. What position did Harcourt offer Monty at the facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? How did it develop?
4. What was Monty's experience with the mustang in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life like?
5. What realization did Monty have about competing in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
6. What did Monty discover about Harcourt in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? Who informed him of the condition?
7. How did Monty feel about his experience with Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? What was his next focus?
8. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
9. What young male deer does Monty describe in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
10. Who did Monty hire to assist and observe him in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life? What were his results?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Wild Horse Races and the Salinas Rodeo. Do Wild Horse Races still take place today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Crawford Hall. What led to Hall's disability? How did Monty discover his friend had been paralyzed? How did Monty help his friend out?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the establishment of Flag is Up Farms in Santa Ynez, California. How long did the operation stay running? Is it still running today?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)