|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty's mother was the oldest of how many children?
2. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
4. What name did Hastings Harcourt give to the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
5. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What life goal did Monty hope to achieve in Chapter 9, Full Circle? Who assisted him?
2. What did Monty's work with deer show in terms of his abilities with animals?
3. What does Monty write about the abuse he suffered from his father in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses? When did the abuse end?
4. What did Monty often wonder about deer in the beginning of Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
5. What themes are reflected in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
6. What did Monty discover about Harcourt in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? Who informed him of the condition?
7. Why did Monty's family move in 1942? What happened to their horses?
8. What was the Queen's reaction to Monty's work in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
9. How many wild horses did Monty return with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? What was his response to the rodeo show?
10. What was Monty's reaction when Harcourt pulled out of the operation in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the competitions Monty Roberts participated in during his teenage years and the awards he won. How many awards did Roberts earn between 1940 and 1955?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Crawford Hall. What led to Hall's disability? How did Monty discover his friend had been paralyzed? How did Monty help his friend out?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the transition of Monty's relationship with his father. How large was Monty as a child? When was he capable of standing up to his father?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)