|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Monty Roberts have?
2. In Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty won races with his own horse and how many other horses that were highly trained?
3. What did Monty's father never show him as a child?
4. What did Monty never see any of from his film work?
5. What does Monty refer to as "the most wonderful and the most predictable creatures on earth"?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom did Monty perform as a stunt double when a child? Who arranged his contracts?
2. What awards does Monty describe having won in the beginning of Chapter 3, East of Eden?
3. Where was the majority of the wild horse population in Monty's childhood? When and why did he first visit there?
4. How did Monty develop his techniques in his teens? What basic concepts were established?
5. What position did Harcourt offer Monty at the facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? How did it develop?
6. What did Monty describe of his parents' financial situation growing up? What job did his father get for Monty?
7. Where did Monty Roberts develop his ideas about horses and horse-training? What are the basic tenets of his methodology?
8. What realization did Monty have about competing in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
9. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
10. How did Monty meet Patricia? What role has she played in his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Great Depression and the financial downfall which Monty's family faced. What protective laws or regulations ensured that child actors and stunt doubles were treated ethically at this time?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the transition of Monty's relationship with his father. How large was Monty as a child? When was he capable of standing up to his father?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the courting and wedding of Monty and Patricia in the narrative. How did Pat contribute to Monty's theories and work?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)