|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty realized in Chapter 3, East of Eden that most of his competitors had nowhere near as much what as he did?
2. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
3. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
4. What did Monty's father offer to rent to Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
5. What did Monty feel once in Nevada in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What setting does Monty Roberts depict in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. What realization did Monty have about competing in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
3. What did Monty's father want for him as a child? When did Monty begin riding horses?
4. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. What budget did the millionaire in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome give Monty to guy two horses? What did he buy?
6. What opportunity did Harcourt offer Monty after he bought him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
7. Why did Monty's family move in 1942? What happened to their horses?
8. Where did Monty Roberts develop his ideas about horses and horse-training? What are the basic tenets of his methodology?
9. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
10. Where was the majority of the wild horse population in Monty's childhood? When and why did he first visit there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the horse Brownie and the lessons Monty learned from working with him. How was Brownie traumatized by Monty's father?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the animal body language, horse-training techniques, and Monty's experiences watching mustangs in the wild. How is their behavior described?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the competitions Monty Roberts participated in during his teenage years and the awards he won. How many awards did Roberts earn between 1940 and 1955?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)