|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) A leather cape.
(b) A whip.
(c) A stern voice.
(d) Gentle encouragement.
2. What is the name of Monty Roberts' brother?
(a) Robert Roberts.
(b) John Roberts.
(c) Larry Roberts.
(d) Andrew Roberts.
3. From 1973 to 1986, Monty Roberts was a leading consignor to what?
(a) The Hollywood Park Two-Year-Old Thoroughbreds in Training Sale.
(b) The Who Needs A Thoroughbred Sale.
(c) The Englewood Racetrack.
(d) The Half Price Thoroughbreds Sale.
4. What young man did Monty have help him in working with Lomitas?
(a) Crawford Hall.
(b) Larry Roberts.
(c) Edward Phillips.
(d) Simon Stokes.
5. What did Monty call the first deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the book Horse Whispers & Lies published?
2. How did Monty feel about his experiences with Hastings Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. In what year did Monty meet the horse Lomitas?
4. Who said "That was one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen in my life" in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
5. What was the name of Pat's dog which was intimidated by the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Monty feel about having performed for and been approved by the Queen?
2. How did Monty feel about his experience with Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? What was his next focus?
3. How did Monty feel performing before the Queen in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
4. What did Monty suggest his disabled friend could use in order to return to work for him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
5. Describe Monty's invitation in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life. Where was he to go?
6. What experience did Monty have with the horse Prince of Darkness?
7. What did Crawford Hall write in the text about his experience working at Flag is Up Farms?
8. What deer did Monty refer to as the sweetest? What did she teach him about deer?
9. How did meeting the Queen validate Monty? How did this relate to his father?
10. What horse passed away in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How does Monty describe him?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)