|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did the current Queen of England have?
2. What horse did Monty discover was afraid of the rail in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) Jester of Fools.
(b) Wizard of Wonder.
(c) Prince of Darkness.
(d) Keeper of the Light.
3. What was left dead of feeling for Monty in the end of Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) His left leg.
(b) His right leg.
(c) His left arm.
(d) His right arm.
4. How did the young male deer act toward Monty in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
5. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty observe Lomitas for signs of first when working with him?
2. When did the Queen of England's golden jubilee take place?
3. What did Monty discover was even more sensitive in deer than in horses in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
4. After working with Monty, Lomitas was reinstated and named what?
5. Where did Monty move with his family in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Monty feel about having performed for and been approved by the Queen?
2. What happened to Lomitas in the end? How many mares did he go on to spawn?
3. What deer did Monty refer to as the sweetest? What did she teach him about deer?
4. How did meeting the Queen validate Monty? How did this relate to his father?
5. How did Monty feel about his experience with Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? What was his next focus?
6. What did Monty write of achieving the Queen's approval in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
7. What are some of the bizarre actions of the deer Yoplait in the narrative?
8. What awards did Lomitas go on to earn after working with Monty?
9. What did Monty's work with deer show in terms of his abilities with animals?
10. What horse passed away in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How does Monty describe him?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)