|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends love to eat?
2. Who did the young male deer hate in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
(a) Crawford Hall.
3. What name refers to a male deer?
4. What name refers to a female deer?
5. Clark Hall was the owner of what type of operation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty save one day in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. Lomitas was the highest rated two-year-old horse in Germany in what year?
3. What 1999 documentary illustrates the work of Monty Roberts?
4. Who wrote the book Horse Whispers & Lies?
5. Meeting the Queen of England was what for Monty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Queen's reaction to Monty's work in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
2. What themes are reflected in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
3. What injury did Monty experience in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How did he recover?
4. How did Monty feel about his experience with Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? What was his next focus?
5. What did Monty suggest his disabled friend could use in order to return to work for him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
6. What did Monty write of achieving the Queen's approval in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
7. How did meeting the Queen validate Monty? How did this relate to his father?
8. What did Monty remark about fight-or-flight in deer? What did he name his first deer?
9. Describe Monty's invitation in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life. Where was he to go?
10. Who assisted Monty in working with Lomitas? What did they inspect about the horse first?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)