|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) Gentle encouragement.
(b) A stern voice.
(c) A whip.
(d) A leather cape.
2. The young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends knocked over a photo of whom?
(a) Pat and Jay.
(b) Marcus and Donny.
(c) John and Sparky.
(d) Peter and Albert.
3. Clark Hall was the owner of what type of operation?
4. How many National NIRA All-Around Championships did Monty Roberts win between 1950 and 1969?
5. What did Monty observe Lomitas for signs of first when working with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty save one day in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. Who said "That was one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen in my life" in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
3. What did Monty suddenly have a medical issue with in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
4. What did Monty call the first deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
5. What did Monty think his friend could use in order to help out on Flag is Up Farms in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Monty suggest his disabled friend could use in order to return to work for him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
2. What did Monty often wonder about deer in the beginning of Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
3. What experience did Monty have with the horse Prince of Darkness?
4. What was the Queen's reaction to Monty's work in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
5. What young male deer does Monty describe in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
6. What awards did Lomitas go on to earn after working with Monty?
7. What did Crawford Hall write in the text about his experience working at Flag is Up Farms?
8. What deer did Monty refer to as the sweetest? What did she teach him about deer?
9. Who assisted Monty in working with Lomitas? What did they inspect about the horse first?
10. Describe Monty's invitation in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life. Where was he to go?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)