|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Queen of England's golden jubilee take place?
2. In Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate, Monty discusses how man's history of violence towards horses has resulted in the loss of what?
(b) Jumping ability.
(d) Emotional connection.
3. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
4. How many mares did Lomitas go on to spawn after being retired?
5. What role did Monty give Crawford Hall at the ranch in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) Cow milker.
(b) Stable cleaner.
(c) Manager of the training operation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Monty spend in a rack in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
2. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
3. How many children did the current Queen of England have?
4. In what had Johnny Trivio been undefeated?
5. What happened after Lomitas injured people while racing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Monty feel about his experience with Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? What was his next focus?
2. What did Monty often wonder about deer in the beginning of Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
3. What experience did Monty have with the horse Prince of Darkness?
4. What was the Queen's reaction to Monty's work in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
5. What horse passed away in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How does Monty describe him?
6. How did Monty feel about having performed for and been approved by the Queen?
7. What friend did Monty learn had become disabled in an accident in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
8. What are some of the bizarre actions of the deer Yoplait in the narrative?
9. Describe Monty's invitation in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life. Where was he to go?
10. What happened to Lomitas in the end? How many mares did he go on to spawn?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)