|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends love to eat?
2. What color was Johnny Trivio?
3. Monty discovered working with deer that even though they act expressionless, they actually have what?
(a) Unique personalities.
(b) Intelligent minds.
(c) A sense of humor.
(d) Murderous urges.
4. What did Lomitas' earnings climb to after working with Monty Roberts?
(a) 2.5 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 12 million.
(d) 1.1 million.
5. Who wrote the book Horse Whispers & Lies?
(a) Joyce Renebome and Debra Ristau.
(b) Debra Ristau.
(c) Joyce Renebome.
(d) Monty Roberts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
2. The young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends knocked over a photo of whom?
3. What name refers to a male deer?
4. What did Monty discover he could have with a deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
5. What was the name of Pat's dog which was intimidated by the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Monty remark about fight-or-flight in deer? What did he name his first deer?
2. When did Monty meet the horse Lomitas? How was he brought to Monty?
3. Who assisted Monty in working with Lomitas? What did they inspect about the horse first?
4. What awards did Lomitas go on to earn after working with Monty?
5. What themes are reflected in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
6. What happened to Lomitas in the end? How many mares did he go on to spawn?
7. What are some of the bizarre actions of the deer Yoplait in the narrative?
8. How did Monty feel performing before the Queen in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
9. What injury did Monty experience in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How did he recover?
10. How did Monty feel about having performed for and been approved by the Queen?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)