|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deer did Monty meet and describe as the "sweetest, kindest most attentive deer"?
(a) Sticky Pine.
2. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. What did Monty call the young male deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
4. What name refers to a male deer?
5. What did Monty discover he could have with a deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
(a) A true friendship.
(c) A race.
(d) A join-up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Monty worried about before performing for the royal family in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
2. What was the name of Pat's dog which was intimidated by the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
3. How many children did the current Queen of England have?
4. Monty wrote that when he speaks with _______ groups they cannot believe the work he does with deer.
5. Who poisoned Lomitas in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Monty write of achieving the Queen's approval in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
2. What friend did Monty learn had become disabled in an accident in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. How did meeting the Queen validate Monty? How did this relate to his father?
4. What did Monty's work with deer show in terms of his abilities with animals?
5. What themes are reflected in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
6. What young male deer does Monty describe in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
7. Who assisted Monty in working with Lomitas? What did they inspect about the horse first?
8. What are some of the bizarre actions of the deer Yoplait in the narrative?
9. What did Monty remark about fight-or-flight in deer? What did he name his first deer?
10. What injury did Monty experience in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How did he recover?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)