|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the young male deer hate in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
(c) Crawford Hall.
2. What deer did Monty meet and describe as the "sweetest, kindest most attentive deer"?
(c) Sticky Pine.
3. How many National NIRA All-Around Championships did Monty Roberts win between 1950 and 1969?
4. Who is the current Queen of England?
(a) Elizabeth II.
(b) Victoria V.
(c) Victoria III.
(d) Elizabeth IV.
5. How did Monty feel about his experiences with Hastings Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Lomitas described as in the text?
2. How did the young male deer act toward Monty in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
3. In what had Johnny Trivio been undefeated?
4. What friend did Monty discover had become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
5. How many mares did Lomitas go on to spawn after being retired?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Monty meet the horse Lomitas? How was he brought to Monty?
2. How did Monty feel about his experience with Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? What was his next focus?
3. What happened to Lomitas in the end? How many mares did he go on to spawn?
4. What injury did Monty experience in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How did he recover?
5. What themes are reflected in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
6. How did Monty feel about having performed for and been approved by the Queen?
7. What did Monty remark about fight-or-flight in deer? What did he name his first deer?
8. What was the Queen's reaction to Monty's work in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
9. What are some of the bizarre actions of the deer Yoplait in the narrative?
10. What awards did Lomitas go on to earn after working with Monty?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)