|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mares did Lomitas go on to spawn after being retired?
2. What did Monty think his friend could use in order to help out on Flag is Up Farms in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A gun.
(c) A miniature horse.
(d) An electric wheelchair.
3. What name refers to a male deer?
4. How many National NIRA All-Around Championships did Monty Roberts win between 1950 and 1969?
5. What was Monty worried about before performing for the royal family in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) His wardrobe.
(b) The lighting.
(d) His voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Monty invited to meet the Queen of England in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
2. Monty wrote that when he speaks with _______ groups they cannot believe the work he does with deer.
3. How did the young male deer act toward Monty in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
4. When was the book Horse Whispers & Lies published?
5. Who was the current Queen of England's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injury did Monty experience in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How did he recover?
2. What deer did Monty refer to as the sweetest? What did she teach him about deer?
3. What happened to Lomitas in the end? How many mares did he go on to spawn?
4. What friend did Monty learn had become disabled in an accident in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
5. What horse passed away in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How does Monty describe him?
6. What experience did Monty have with the horse Prince of Darkness?
7. What themes are reflected in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
8. What did Monty's work with deer show in terms of his abilities with animals?
9. Who assisted Monty in working with Lomitas? What did they inspect about the horse first?
10. What did Monty remark about fight-or-flight in deer? What did he name his first deer?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)