|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book Horse Whispers and Lies claims that who was actually a kind, compassionate man?
(a) Hastings Harcourt.
(b) Crawford Hall.
(c) Marvin Roberts.
(d) Monty Roberts.
2. What did Crawford Hall's family build him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) A modular home.
(b) A boat.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A birdhouse.
3. How did Monty feel about his experiences with Hastings Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
4. When did Marvin Roberts write his own book about horse training?
5. What 1999 documentary illustrates the work of Monty Roberts?
(a) A Backstage Pass!
(b) Shy Boy: The Horse That Came in from the Wild.
(c) Dancing with Horses: The Story of Monty Roberts.
(d) Monty Roberts: The Real Horse Whisperer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty discover he could have with a deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. In Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate, Monty discusses how man's history of violence towards horses has resulted in the loss of what?
3. Where did Monty move with his family in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
4. How many mares did Lomitas go on to spawn after being retired?
5. What did Monty observe Lomitas for signs of first when working with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Monty feel about having performed for and been approved by the Queen?
2. What did Crawford Hall write in the text about his experience working at Flag is Up Farms?
3. What friend did Monty learn had become disabled in an accident in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
4. What was the Queen's reaction to Monty's work in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
5. What happened to Lomitas in the end? How many mares did he go on to spawn?
6. Who assisted Monty in working with Lomitas? What did they inspect about the horse first?
7. What did Monty often wonder about deer in the beginning of Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
8. Describe Monty's invitation in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life. Where was he to go?
9. What horse passed away in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? How does Monty describe him?
10. What did Monty suggest his disabled friend could use in order to return to work for him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)