|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the second horse bought for Hastings Harcourt by Monty in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. Monty's mother was the oldest of how many children?
3. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
(a) Harcourt's wife.
(b) Harcourt's boss.
(c) Harcourt's friend.
(d) Harcourt's psychiatrist.
4. What kind tutor with a 1940s hairstyle was Monty's babysitter and also his teacher?
(a) Mrs. Gertrude Warner.
(b) Mr. George Stevens.
(c) Miss Marguerite Parsons.
(d) Judge Myron Weatherby.
5. Hastings Harcourt was the son of what publishing giant?
(a) Tate Publishing.
(b) Harcourt Brace and World.
(c) Whitmore Publishing.
(d) Johnson, Stevens, and Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty's father find Monty's compassionate methods of training horses to be?
2. In what year was Monty Roberts born?
3. In what year in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses did Monty's family have to leave their home?
4. Monty's father beat him on a weekly basis until he was how old?
5. What did Monty's father offer to rent to Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the move in 1942 affect Monty? Why?
2. What position did Harcourt offer Monty at the facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? How did it develop?
3. How many wild horses did Monty return with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? What was his response to the rodeo show?
4. Where did Monty Roberts develop his ideas about horses and horse-training? What are the basic tenets of his methodology?
5. What awards does Monty describe having won in the beginning of Chapter 3, East of Eden?
6. What was Monty's father's reaction when Monty showed him his techniques on horses as a child?
7. What setting does Monty Roberts depict in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
8. How does Monty describe meeting Brownie in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
9. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
10. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)