|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the medium brown horse with a white dot between his eyes that Monty met in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(b) Eye patch.
2. What did Monty's father hit his horse with to "break it" in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A whip.
3. Once Monty was free to some extent from his father's rule, he decided that instead of doing rodeos, he would join the wrestling and what team?
4. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) 664 Moses Boulevard.
(b) 4202 Moral Way.
(c) 347 Church Street.
(d) 1984 Mission Lane.
5. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
2. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
3. Who, along with the director, asked Monty to watch the dailies and give his thoughts on "East of Eden"?
4. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
5. What kind tutor with a 1940s hairstyle was Monty's babysitter and also his teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What budget did the millionaire in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome give Monty to guy two horses? What did he buy?
2. Why did Monty's family move in 1942? What happened to their horses?
3. What opportunity did Harcourt offer Monty after he bought him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. Where did Monty Roberts develop his ideas about horses and horse-training? What are the basic tenets of his methodology?
5. What was Monty's father's reaction when Monty showed him his techniques on horses as a child?
6. How did Monty develop his techniques in his teens? What basic concepts were established?
7. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
8. What movie star did Monty meet on the set of "East of Eden"? What was this experience like?
9. How many wild horses did Monty return with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? What was his response to the rodeo show?
10. What did Monty discover on his first trip for wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)