|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty's parents claim had injured him when they put him in the hospital in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) The horses.
(b) An ox.
(c) A flock of sheep.
(d) The barn.
2. Monty's family's friend had what position on the set of "East of Eden"?
(a) Third HC.
(b) Fifth AB.
(c) Second NR.
(d) First AD.
3. Monty Roberts was born in the middle of what American era?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) The Roaring Twenties.
(c) The Nicaraguan Crisis.
(d) The Great Depression.
4. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
(a) Dream come true.
5. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) March and April.
(b) Around the equinox.
(c) Mating season.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, along with the director, asked Monty to watch the dailies and give his thoughts on "East of Eden"?
2. Monty's wife was how many years behind him in school?
3. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. What was one use for horses during World War II?
5. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. What did the crowd yell when horses were injured at the rodeo in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? Why?
3. What awards did Lomitas go on to earn after working with Monty?
4. How did Monty feel performing before the Queen in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
5. What was the Queen's reaction to Monty's work in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
6. How did Monty feel about his experience with Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? What was his next focus?
7. What movie star did Monty meet on the set of "East of Eden"? What was this experience like?
8. What did Monty discover on his first trip for wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
9. What did Monty write of achieving the Queen's approval in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
10. What position did Harcourt offer Monty at the facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? How did it develop?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)