|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty's parents claim had injured him when they put him in the hospital in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) The barn.
(b) A flock of sheep.
(c) An ox.
(d) The horses.
2. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Crow's bait.
(b) Hog Jowels.
(c) Jumpin' catfish.
(d) Holy makerel.
3. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
(a) Dream come true.
4. Where did Hastings Harcourt tell Monty he had property and wanted to open a full-scale thoroughbred facility?
(a) Santa Ana.
(b) Santa Barbara.
(c) Santa Ynez.
(d) Santa Monica.
5. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(d) Medical attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty's father offer to rent to Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. Monty's wife was how many years behind him in school?
3. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
4. What had actually injured Monty to the point of being hospitalized when he was a child in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
5. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What young male deer does Monty describe in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. What did Monty's father want for him as a child? When did Monty begin riding horses?
3. What movie star did Monty meet on the set of "East of Eden"? What was this experience like?
4. What opportunity did Harcourt offer Monty after he bought him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
5. What did Monty describe of his parents' financial situation growing up? What job did his father get for Monty?
6. What did Monty discover about Harcourt in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? Who informed him of the condition?
7. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
8. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
9. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
10. What was Monty's reaction when Harcourt pulled out of the operation in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)