|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
(a) His fifties.
(b) His eighties.
(c) His sixties.
(d) His seventies.
2. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
3. How many horses did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to buy for him initially?
4. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) His mother.
(b) A kind stranger.
(c) His father.
(d) His girlfriend.
5. In Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty won races with his own horse and how many other horses that were highly trained?
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
2. What psychological disorder did Hastings Harcourt suffer from?
3. "Sand-castle syndrome" indicates that someone gets joy in creating something then what?
4. How many mustangs did Monty return from Nevada with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Monty meet Patricia? What role has she played in his life?
2. How many wild horses did Monty return with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? What was his response to the rodeo show?
3. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
4. What did Monty discover on his first trip for wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. Where was the majority of the wild horse population in Monty's childhood? When and why did he first visit there?
6. How did Monty branch into other sports after achieving freedom from his father?
7. What did the crowd yell when horses were injured at the rodeo in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? Why?
8. What loss did Monty suffer in Chapter 3, East of Eden? How did his father assist him in digging a grave?
9. What did Monty discover about Harcourt in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? Who informed him of the condition?
10. What did Monty's father want for him as a child? When did Monty begin riding horses?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)