|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Run backwards.
(b) Lie down.
(c) Buck wildly.
(d) Stop to graze.
2. How old was Monty when he met Hastings Harcourt?
3. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
(a) His fifties.
(b) His eighties.
(c) His sixties.
(d) His seventies.
4. What did Monty never see any of from his film work?
(a) The directors.
(b) His co-stars.
(c) The movies.
(d) His earnings.
5. In what year was "East of Eden" shot in Salinas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Monty was free to some extent from his father's rule, he decided that instead of doing rodeos, he would join the wrestling and what team?
2. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
3. What is the name of Monty's wife?
4. What budget did Hastings Harcourt give Monty for buying him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
5. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What loss did Monty suffer in Chapter 3, East of Eden? How did his father assist him in digging a grave?
2. What did Monty's work with deer show in terms of his abilities with animals?
3. What position did Harcourt offer Monty at the facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? How did it develop?
4. What was Monty's experience with the mustang in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life like?
5. What realization did Monty have about competing in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
6. What did Monty discover about Harcourt in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? Who informed him of the condition?
7. How did Monty feel about his experience with Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained? What was his next focus?
8. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
9. What young male deer does Monty describe in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
10. Who did Monty hire to assist and observe him in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life? What were his results?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)