|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Monty's wife was how many years behind him in school?
2. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) Bomb carriers.
(b) Horse meat.
(c) As cattle guards.
(d) Pulling cars from ditches.
3. Monty Roberts was born in the middle of what American era?
(a) The Roaring Twenties.
(b) The Nicaraguan Crisis.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) The Cold War.
4. Monty realized in Chapter 3, East of Eden that most of his competitors had nowhere near as much what as he did?
5. Once Monty was free to some extent from his father's rule, he decided that instead of doing rodeos, he would join the wrestling and what team?
Short Answer Questions
1. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
4. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
5. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What awards does Monty describe having won in the beginning of Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. Where did Monty Roberts develop his ideas about horses and horse-training? What are the basic tenets of his methodology?
3. What did Monty discover about Harcourt in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? Who informed him of the condition?
4. How did Monty meet Patricia? What role has she played in his life?
5. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
6. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
7. What was Monty's reaction when Harcourt pulled out of the operation in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
8. Where was the majority of the wild horse population in Monty's childhood? When and why did he first visit there?
9. What loss did Monty suffer in Chapter 3, East of Eden? How did his father assist him in digging a grave?
10. What budget did the millionaire in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome give Monty to guy two horses? What did he buy?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)