|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(c) Snow White.
2. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
(a) "Listening to horses."
(b) "Breaking horses."
(c) "Whispering horses."
(d) "Starting horses."
3. How many mustangs did Monty return from Nevada with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
4. Hastings Harcourt was the son of what publishing giant?
(a) Whitmore Publishing.
(b) Johnson, Stevens, and Smith.
(c) Harcourt Brace and World.
(d) Tate Publishing.
5. What job did Monty's father take to bring in extra money in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(b) Garbage man.
(d) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. Who directed the film "East of Eden"?
3. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
4. What kind tutor with a 1940s hairstyle was Monty's babysitter and also his teacher?
5. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Monty branch into other sports after achieving freedom from his father?
2. What opportunity did Harcourt offer Monty after he bought him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. What budget did the millionaire in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome give Monty to guy two horses? What did he buy?
4. How did the move in 1942 affect Monty? Why?
5. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
6. What did Monty describe of his parents' financial situation growing up? What job did his father get for Monty?
7. What movie star did Monty meet on the set of "East of Eden"? What was this experience like?
8. Where was the majority of the wild horse population in Monty's childhood? When and why did he first visit there?
9. What loss did Monty suffer in Chapter 3, East of Eden? How did his father assist him in digging a grave?
10. What did the crowd yell when horses were injured at the rodeo in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? Why?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)