|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Monty Roberts when he won his first riding trophy?
2. What does Monty refer to as "the most wonderful and the most predictable creatures on earth"?
3. Where did Hastings Harcourt tell Monty he had property and wanted to open a full-scale thoroughbred facility?
(a) Santa Ynez.
(b) Santa Ana.
(c) Santa Monica.
(d) Santa Barbara.
4. How many siblings does Monty Roberts have?
5. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) At church.
(b) On movie sets.
(c) In restraurants.
(d) At school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. Who, along with the director, asked Monty to watch the dailies and give his thoughts on "East of Eden"?
3. What did Monty's father offer to rent to Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
4. What did Monty's father never show him as a child?
5. How long did Monty spend alone with the wild horses when he was fourteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many wild horses did Monty return with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? What was his response to the rodeo show?
2. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
3. How did Monty develop his techniques in his teens? What basic concepts were established?
4. What did Monty describe of his parents' financial situation growing up? What job did his father get for Monty?
5. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
6. Where did Monty Roberts develop his ideas about horses and horse-training? What are the basic tenets of his methodology?
7. What did Monty discover on his first trip for wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
8. What realization did Monty have about competing in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
9. What budget did the millionaire in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome give Monty to guy two horses? What did he buy?
10. For whom did Monty perform as a stunt double when a child? Who arranged his contracts?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)