|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Monty's family's friend had what position on the set of "East of Eden"?
(a) Second NR.
(b) Fifth AB.
(c) Third HC.
(d) First AD.
2. What horse which Monty bought for Hastings Harcourt ended up being ranked the best 3 year old in California?
3. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Eye contact.
(b) Faint vocalizations.
(c) Pacing with head to the ground.
(d) Bowing down.
4. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
5. Hastings Harcourt was the son of what publishing giant?
(a) Tate Publishing.
(b) Whitmore Publishing.
(c) Johnson, Stevens, and Smith.
(d) Harcourt Brace and World.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, along with the director, asked Monty to watch the dailies and give his thoughts on "East of Eden"?
2. Monty's wife was how many years behind him in school?
3. What did Monty decide to secretly do with Hastings Harcourt's horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
5. How old was Monty when he married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
2. How did Monty meet Patricia? What role has she played in his life?
3. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
4. What did the crowd yell when horses were injured at the rodeo in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? Why?
5. What opportunity did Harcourt offer Monty after he bought him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
6. What realization did Monty have about competing in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
7. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
8. What was Monty's father's reaction when Monty showed him his techniques on horses as a child?
9. How many wild horses did Monty return with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? What was his response to the rodeo show?
10. What did Monty describe of his parents' financial situation growing up? What job did his father get for Monty?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)