|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Hastings Harcourt give to the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Flag is Up Farms.
(b) Sunset Stables.
(c) Rock Creek Horse Ranch.
(d) Greener Pastures.
2. Once Monty was free to some extent from his father's rule, he decided that instead of doing rodeos, he would join the wrestling and what team?
3. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Buck wildly.
(b) Run backwards.
(c) Stop to graze.
(d) Lie down.
4. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
(a) Snake charming.
(b) Dog racing.
(c) Dog training.
5. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Crow's bait.
(b) Jumpin' catfish.
(c) Hog Jowels.
(d) Holy makerel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
2. Who planned to buy a ranch in Salinas just before his untimely death in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
3. In what year did Monty get married?
4. What horse which Monty bought for Hastings Harcourt ended up being ranked the best 3 year old in California?
5. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Monty's family move in 1942? What happened to their horses?
2. What movie star did Monty meet on the set of "East of Eden"? What was this experience like?
3. Who did Monty meet at age 31 in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. What opportunity did Harcourt offer Monty after he bought him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
5. How did Monty meet Patricia? What role has she played in his life?
6. What did the crowd yell when horses were injured at the rodeo in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? Why?
7. For whom did Monty perform as a stunt double when a child? Who arranged his contracts?
8. What does Monty write about the abuse he suffered from his father in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses? When did the abuse end?
9. How does Monty describe meeting Brownie in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
10. What did Monty describe of his parents' financial situation growing up? What job did his father get for Monty?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)