|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Monty's father take to bring in extra money in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Garbage man.
(b) Police officer.
2. Monty Roberts was born in the middle of what American era?
(a) The Nicaraguan Crisis.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) The Roaring Twenties.
3. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(c) New Mexico.
4. Who planned to buy a ranch in Salinas just before his untimely death in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) James Dean.
(b) Burl Ives.
(c) Don Page.
(d) Raymond Massey.
5. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
(b) Dream come true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to hold at the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. How old was Monty when he married?
3. What job did Monty's father get him in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. What kind tutor with a 1940s hairstyle was Monty's babysitter and also his teacher?
5. Monty's father beat him on a weekly basis until he was how old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was the majority of the wild horse population in Monty's childhood? When and why did he first visit there?
2. What did the crowd yell when horses were injured at the rodeo in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? Why?
3. What awards does Monty describe having won in the beginning of Chapter 3, East of Eden?
4. What was Monty's father's reaction when Monty showed him his techniques on horses as a child?
5. What loss did Monty suffer in Chapter 3, East of Eden? How did his father assist him in digging a grave?
6. What opportunity did Harcourt offer Monty after he bought him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
7. How did Monty branch into other sports after achieving freedom from his father?
8. What movie star did Monty meet on the set of "East of Eden"? What was this experience like?
9. What was Monty's reaction when Harcourt pulled out of the operation in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
10. What does Monty write about the abuse he suffered from his father in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses? When did the abuse end?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)