|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Hastings Harcourt give to the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Sunset Stables.
(b) Rock Creek Horse Ranch.
(c) Flag is Up Farms.
(d) Greener Pastures.
2. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
(a) Harcourt's wife.
(b) Harcourt's boss.
(c) Harcourt's psychiatrist.
(d) Harcourt's friend.
3. What did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to personally do with his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Breed them.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Rce them.
(d) Exercise them.
4. What was the second horse bought for Hastings Harcourt by Monty in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
5. In what year did Monty get married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of the thoroughbred facility did Monty receive with the option of buying in more later in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. What was the name of the medium brown horse with a white dot between his eyes that Monty met in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
3. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
4. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
5. What did Monty never see any of from his film work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Monty's family move in 1942? What happened to their horses?
2. What was Monty's reaction when Harcourt pulled out of the operation in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. What did the crowd yell when horses were injured at the rodeo in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? Why?
4. How did Monty branch into other sports after achieving freedom from his father?
5. What movie star did Monty meet on the set of "East of Eden"? What was this experience like?
6. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
7. For whom did Monty perform as a stunt double when a child? Who arranged his contracts?
8. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
9. How did Monty develop his techniques in his teens? What basic concepts were established?
10. What does Monty write about the abuse he suffered from his father in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses? When did the abuse end?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)