|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(b) New Mexico.
2. What was the second horse bought for Hastings Harcourt by Monty in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. Where were the horses on Monty's family's farm sent when they had to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Ranches in Arizona.
(b) Ranches in Nevada.
(c) The San Diego Zoo.
(d) To slaughter.
4. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
(a) Five or six.
(b) Four or five.
(c) Three or four.
(d) Eight or nine.
5. How many mustangs did Monty return from Nevada with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty decide to secretly do with Hastings Harcourt's horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. What did Monty's father rent to help dig a grave in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
4. What did Monty never see any of from his film work?
5. Monty's father beat him on a weekly basis until he was how old?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Monty able to adopt a mustang in Chapter 9, Full Circle?
2. How did Monty feel about having performed for and been approved by the Queen?
3. How did Monty meet Patricia? What role has she played in his life?
4. How has Monty Roberts been successful in his work with horses? How does this book demonstrate that work?
5. What friend did Monty learn had become disabled in an accident in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
6. What young male deer does Monty describe in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
7. What did Monty's father want for him as a child? When did Monty begin riding horses?
8. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
9. What does the appendix to the book offer by way of practical advice?
10. What experience did Monty have with the horse Prince of Darkness?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)