|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Monty Roberts born?
2. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Hog Jowels.
(b) Jumpin' catfish.
(c) Crow's bait.
(d) Holy makerel.
3. What did Monty's father find Monty's compassionate methods of training horses to be?
(b) An outrage.
4. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
(a) Stay in Nevada.
(b) Move on to Oregon.
(c) Stay in the wilderness indefinitely.
(d) Return to Salinas quickly.
5. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona.
(b) San Francisco, California.
(c) Salinas, California.
(d) Las Vegas, Nevada.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. When observing the horses in the wild at age fourteen, Monty saw how a colt who was behaving badly was isolated by what?
3. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
4. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
5. How much did Monty's father ask for rent from Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Monty's reaction when Harcourt pulled out of the operation in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. What opportunity did Harcourt offer Monty after he bought him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. What budget did the millionaire in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome give Monty to guy two horses? What did he buy?
4. For whom did Monty perform as a stunt double when a child? Who arranged his contracts?
5. How does Monty describe meeting Brownie in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
6. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
7. What did the crowd yell when horses were injured at the rodeo in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? Why?
8. Why did Monty's family move in 1942? What happened to their horses?
9. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
10. What did Monty describe of his parents' financial situation growing up? What job did his father get for Monty?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)