|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Monty's father ask for rent from Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) A large amount.
(c) A reasonable amount.
(d) A small amount.
2. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Stop to graze.
(b) Buck wildly.
(c) Run backwards.
(d) Lie down.
3. How many horses did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to buy for him initially?
4. What did Monty never see any of from his film work?
(a) His earnings.
(b) His co-stars.
(c) The movies.
(d) The directors.
5. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
(a) Stay in Nevada.
(b) Move on to Oregon.
(c) Stay in the wilderness indefinitely.
(d) Return to Salinas quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. How was one of the mustangs injured in the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
4. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
5. Monty's family's friend had what position on the set of "East of Eden"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Monty meet at age 31 in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. How did Monty develop his techniques in his teens? What basic concepts were established?
3. What does Monty write about the abuse he suffered from his father in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses? When did the abuse end?
4. What did Monty discover about Harcourt in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? Who informed him of the condition?
5. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
6. How did the move in 1942 affect Monty? Why?
7. Why did Monty's family move in 1942? What happened to their horses?
8. What did Monty describe of his parents' financial situation growing up? What job did his father get for Monty?
9. Where was the majority of the wild horse population in Monty's childhood? When and why did he first visit there?
10. How many wild horses did Monty return with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? What was his response to the rodeo show?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)