|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Monty spend alone with the wild horses when he was fourteen?
(a) A year.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) A few days.
2. Monty's wife was how many years behind him in school?
3. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
4. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
(a) A switch.
(b) A closed fist.
(c) An extension cord.
(d) A chain.
5. Monty's family's friend had what position on the set of "East of Eden"?
(a) First AD.
(b) Fifth AB.
(c) Second NR.
(d) Third HC.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
2. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
3. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. Where did Hastings Harcourt tell Monty he had property and wanted to open a full-scale thoroughbred facility?
5. What job did Monty's father take to bring in extra money in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Monty's father want for him as a child? When did Monty begin riding horses?
2. What realization did Monty have about competing in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
3. What did Monty discover about Harcourt in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? Who informed him of the condition?
4. What opportunity did Harcourt offer Monty after he bought him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
5. How did Monty branch into other sports after achieving freedom from his father?
6. What awards does Monty describe having won in the beginning of Chapter 3, East of Eden?
7. Why did Monty's family move in 1942? What happened to their horses?
8. How many wild horses did Monty return with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? What was his response to the rodeo show?
9. What setting does Monty Roberts depict in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
10. Where was the majority of the wild horse population in Monty's childhood? When and why did he first visit there?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)