|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
(a) Stay in Nevada.
(b) Move on to Oregon.
(c) Stay in the wilderness indefinitely.
(d) Return to Salinas quickly.
2. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(d) Medical attention.
3. When observing the horses in the wild at age fourteen, Monty saw how a colt who was behaving badly was isolated by what?
(a) A horse trainer.
(b) Another colt.
(c) A sire.
(d) A mare.
4. What did Monty's father never show him as a child?
5. Who planned to buy a ranch in Salinas just before his untimely death in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) Raymond Massey.
(b) James Dean.
(c) Don Page.
(d) Burl Ives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Monty's wife?
2. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. What was the second horse bought for Hastings Harcourt by Monty in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. What horse did Monty Roberts claim was his all-time favorite in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
5. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization did Monty have about competing in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. What position did Harcourt offer Monty at the facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? How did it develop?
3. How did Monty branch into other sports after achieving freedom from his father?
4. How did Monty meet Patricia? What role has she played in his life?
5. What was Monty's reaction when Harcourt pulled out of the operation in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
6. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
7. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
8. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
9. What loss did Monty suffer in Chapter 3, East of Eden? How did his father assist him in digging a grave?
10. Where did Monty Roberts develop his ideas about horses and horse-training? What are the basic tenets of his methodology?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)