|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty's father rent to help dig a grave in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) A tractor.
(b) An air chisel.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A dumptruck.
2. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(b) New Mexico.
3. What did Monty's parents claim had injured him when they put him in the hospital in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) An ox.
(b) The barn.
(c) The horses.
(d) A flock of sheep.
4. What kind tutor with a 1940s hairstyle was Monty's babysitter and also his teacher?
(a) Judge Myron Weatherby.
(b) Mrs. Gertrude Warner.
(c) Mr. George Stevens.
(d) Miss Marguerite Parsons.
5. Where did Monty go to look for wild horses at age fourteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. Who died in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
4. What was one use for horses during World War II?
5. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What budget did the millionaire in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome give Monty to guy two horses? What did he buy?
2. What opportunity did Harcourt offer Monty after he bought him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. How many wild horses did Monty return with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? What was his response to the rodeo show?
4. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. What awards does Monty describe having won in the beginning of Chapter 3, East of Eden?
6. What does Monty write about the abuse he suffered from his father in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses? When did the abuse end?
7. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
8. How does Monty describe meeting Brownie in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
9. Where did Monty Roberts develop his ideas about horses and horse-training? What are the basic tenets of his methodology?
10. How did the move in 1942 affect Monty? Why?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)