|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty's parents claim had injured him when they put him in the hospital in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) An ox.
(b) The horses.
(c) A flock of sheep.
(d) The barn.
2. Who died in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(c) Snow White.
3. Monty realized in Chapter 3, East of Eden that most of his competitors had nowhere near as much what as he did?
4. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
5. Monty Roberts was born in the middle of what American era?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) The Nicaraguan Crisis.
(c) The Roaring Twenties.
(d) The Great Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "East of Eden" shot in Salinas?
2. What did Hastings Harcourt do once he discovered Monty had not destroyed his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
4. What budget did Hastings Harcourt give Monty for buying him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
5. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many wild horses did Monty return with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? What was his response to the rodeo show?
2. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. What opportunity did Harcourt offer Monty after he bought him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. What did Monty's father want for him as a child? When did Monty begin riding horses?
5. For whom did Monty perform as a stunt double when a child? Who arranged his contracts?
6. How did Monty develop his techniques in his teens? What basic concepts were established?
7. What did Monty discover on his first trip for wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
8. Where was the majority of the wild horse population in Monty's childhood? When and why did he first visit there?
9. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
10. What does Monty write about the abuse he suffered from his father in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses? When did the abuse end?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)