|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Lie down.
(b) Buck wildly.
(c) Run backwards.
(d) Stop to graze.
2. In what year was "East of Eden" shot in Salinas?
3. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
(a) "Breaking horses."
(b) "Listening to horses."
(c) "Whispering horses."
(d) "Starting horses."
4. How old was Monty Roberts when he won his first riding trophy?
5. In what year did Monty get married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Monty's wife?
2. What kind of grades did Monty receive in school as a child?
3. What does Monty refer to as "the most wonderful and the most predictable creatures on earth"?
4. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
5. What job did Monty's father take to bring in extra money in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What setting does Monty Roberts depict in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. What realization did Monty have about competing in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
3. What budget did the millionaire in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome give Monty to guy two horses? What did he buy?
4. For whom did Monty perform as a stunt double when a child? Who arranged his contracts?
5. What does Monty write about the abuse he suffered from his father in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses? When did the abuse end?
6. How did Monty branch into other sports after achieving freedom from his father?
7. Where did Monty Roberts develop his ideas about horses and horse-training? What are the basic tenets of his methodology?
8. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
9. What position did Harcourt offer Monty at the facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? How did it develop?
10. What did Monty describe of his parents' financial situation growing up? What job did his father get for Monty?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)