|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
(a) His sixties.
(b) His seventies.
(c) His eighties.
(d) His fifties.
2. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
(a) "Breaking horses."
(b) "Whispering horses."
(c) "Listening to horses."
(d) "Starting horses."
3. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
(a) Stay in Nevada.
(b) Move on to Oregon.
(c) Stay in the wilderness indefinitely.
(d) Return to Salinas quickly.
4. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(c) New Mexico.
5. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) The money.
(b) The police.
(c) The speed.
(d) The cruelty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Monty's father ask for rent from Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
3. How many children did Monty and his wife have?
4. What job did Monty's father take to bring in extra money in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
5. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Monty's father's reaction when Monty showed him his techniques on horses as a child?
2. How many wild horses did Monty return with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? What was his response to the rodeo show?
3. What awards does Monty describe having won in the beginning of Chapter 3, East of Eden?
4. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
5. How did Monty develop his techniques in his teens? What basic concepts were established?
6. Why did Monty's family move in 1942? What happened to their horses?
7. What position did Harcourt offer Monty at the facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome? How did it develop?
8. What budget did the millionaire in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome give Monty to guy two horses? What did he buy?
9. What idea did Monty present to the rodeo owner when he was fourteen in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
10. What does Monty write about the abuse he suffered from his father in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses? When did the abuse end?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)