|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Monty's mother was the oldest of how many children?
2. Once Monty was free to some extent from his father's rule, he decided that instead of doing rodeos, he would join the wrestling and what team?
3. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
4. What did Monty's father never show him as a child?
5. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. What is the name of Monty's wife?
3. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
4. What did Monty decide to secretly do with Hastings Harcourt's horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
5. How was one of the mustangs injured in the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What movie star did Monty meet on the set of "East of Eden"? What was this experience like?
2. What event led to the end of abuse suffered by Monty at the hands of his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
3. What does Monty write about the abuse he suffered from his father in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses? When did the abuse end?
4. What did Monty's father want for him as a child? When did Monty begin riding horses?
5. For whom did Monty perform as a stunt double when a child? Who arranged his contracts?
6. Where was the majority of the wild horse population in Monty's childhood? When and why did he first visit there?
7. What did the crowd yell when horses were injured at the rodeo in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses? Why?
8. How did Monty develop his techniques in his teens? What basic concepts were established?
9. What did Monty do when he realized he wanted to hit his father in Chapter 3, East of Eden? What did his father offer him?
10. What opportunity did Harcourt offer Monty after he bought him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)