|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends love to eat?
2. Who poisoned Lomitas in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) A child.
(b) A jealous fan.
(c) A blackmailer.
(d) The jockey.
3. Who said "That was one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen in my life" in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) The Queen Mother.
(b) The Royal Jester.
(c) Prince Charles.
(d) The King.
4. Who did the young male deer hate in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
(c) Crawford Hall.
5. When did Marvin Roberts write his own book about horse training?
6. After his accident, Crawford Hall's doctors estimated he would live how long?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty or more years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) A few years.
7. From 1973 to 1986, Monty Roberts was a leading consignor to what?
(a) The Who Needs A Thoroughbred Sale.
(b) The Englewood Racetrack.
(c) The Hollywood Park Two-Year-Old Thoroughbreds in Training Sale.
(d) The Half Price Thoroughbreds Sale.
8. What did Lomitas' earnings climb to after working with Monty Roberts?
(a) 2.5 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 1.1 million.
(d) 12 million.
9. How old was Johnny Tivio when he died?
10. Who was the current Queen of England's father?
(a) George VI.
(b) George III.
(c) George IV.
(d) George V.
11. What did Monty call the young male deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
12. What color is Lomitas described as in the text?
13. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) A leather cape.
(b) Gentle encouragement.
(c) A whip.
(d) A stern voice.
14. What 1999 documentary illustrates the work of Monty Roberts?
(a) A Backstage Pass!
(b) Dancing with Horses: The Story of Monty Roberts.
(c) Monty Roberts: The Real Horse Whisperer.
(d) Shy Boy: The Horse That Came in from the Wild.
15. What name refers to a female deer?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate, Monty discusses how man's history of violence towards horses has resulted in the loss of what?
2. What refers to an athletic contest comprising five different track and field events and won by the contestant gaining the highest total score?
3. What is the name of Monty Roberts' brother?
4. How did Monty's friend become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
5. What did Monty call the first deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)