|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the current Queen of England's father?
(a) George VI.
(b) George V.
(c) George IV.
(d) George III.
2. When was the book Horse Whispers & Lies published?
3. What did Lomitas' earnings climb to after working with Monty Roberts?
(a) 1.1 million.
(b) 2.5 million.
(c) 12 million.
(d) 5 million.
4. When did the Queen of England's golden jubilee take place?
5. What name refers to a male deer?
6. Monty discovered working with deer that even though they act expressionless, they actually have what?
(a) Intelligent minds.
(b) Murderous urges.
(c) Unique personalities.
(d) A sense of humor.
7. How many National NIRA All-Around Championships did Monty Roberts win between 1950 and 1969?
8. Who is the current Queen of England?
(a) Victoria V.
(b) Victoria III.
(c) Elizabeth IV.
(d) Elizabeth II.
9. Lomitas was the highest rated two-year-old horse in Germany in what year?
10. Clark Hall was the owner of what type of operation?
11. Where did Monty move with his family in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) Omaha, Nebraska.
(b) The Lazy J Trailer Park.
(c) Rock Creek Horse Ranch.
(d) Flag is Up Farms.
12. What did Monty observe Lomitas for signs of first when working with him?
13. What did Crawford Hall's family build him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) A modular home.
(b) A boat.
(c) A birdhouse.
(d) A cabin.
14. What happened after Lomitas injured people while racing?
(a) He was banned from racing.
(b) He was given to Monty.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was retired permanently.
15. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Johnny Trivio weigh?
2. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
3. How long did Monty spend in a rack in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
4. What young man did Monty have help him in working with Lomitas?
5. What 1999 documentary illustrates the work of Monty Roberts?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)