|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Johnny Tivio when he died?
2. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) A stern voice.
(b) A leather cape.
(c) A whip.
(d) Gentle encouragement.
3. Lomitas was the highest rated two-year-old horse in Germany in what year?
4. What did Monty observe Lomitas for signs of first when working with him?
5. What name refers to a female deer?
6. How much did Johnny Trivio weigh?
(a) 1900 pounds.
(b) 850 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 1200 pounds.
7. How did the young male deer act toward Monty in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
8. In what year did Monty meet the horse Lomitas?
9. What was Monty worried about before performing for the royal family in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) His voice.
(b) His wardrobe.
(d) The lighting.
10. What did Monty discover he could have with a deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
(b) A true friendship.
(c) A race.
(d) A join-up.
11. What did Monty suddenly have a medical issue with in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) His lower back.
(b) His left leg.
(c) His neck.
(d) His right arm.
12. What refers to an athletic contest comprising five different track and field events and won by the contestant gaining the highest total score?
13. Who did the young male deer hate in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
(b) Crawford Hall.
14. When was the current Queen of England crowned?
15. What color is Lomitas described as in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. What treatment did Monty finally receive for his medical condition in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
2. Who is the current Queen of England?
3. Where would the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends go when Monty left the farm?
4. Where was Monty to spend an entire week in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
5. When did the Queen of England's golden jubilee take place?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)