|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lomitas' earnings climb to after working with Monty Roberts?
(a) 2.5 million.
(b) 12 million.
(c) 1.1 million.
(d) 5 million.
2. How old was Johnny Tivio when he died?
3. What happened after Lomitas injured people while racing?
(a) He was given to Monty.
(b) He was banned from racing.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was retired permanently.
4. What horse did Monty discover was afraid of the rail in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) Prince of Darkness.
(b) Wizard of Wonder.
(c) Keeper of the Light.
(d) Jester of Fools.
5. What deer did Monty meet and describe as the "sweetest, kindest most attentive deer"?
(c) Sticky Pine.
6. In what had Johnny Trivio been undefeated?
(a) Jumping competitions.
(b) The Triple Crown.
(c) The Kentucky Derby.
(d) The stallion sweepstakes.
7. Monty seeks to communicate with horses on what level?
8. The young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends knocked over a photo of whom?
(a) John and Sparky.
(b) Peter and Albert.
(c) Marcus and Donny.
(d) Pat and Jay.
9. How much did Johnny Trivio weigh?
(a) 1900 pounds.
(b) 850 pounds.
(c) 1200 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
10. What did Monty save one day in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
(a) A buck.
(b) A colt.
(c) A stag.
(d) A doe.
11. Clark Hall was the owner of what type of operation?
12. Who is the current Queen of England?
(a) Elizabeth II.
(b) Elizabeth IV.
(c) Victoria V.
(d) Victoria III.
13. From 1973 to 1986, Monty Roberts was a leading consignor to what?
(a) The Englewood Racetrack.
(b) The Hollywood Park Two-Year-Old Thoroughbreds in Training Sale.
(c) The Who Needs A Thoroughbred Sale.
(d) The Half Price Thoroughbreds Sale.
14. After working with Monty, Lomitas was reinstated and named what?
(a) California's top 2-year-old.
(b) Germany's top 3-year-old.
(c) Germany's top 4-year-old.
(d) California's top 3-year-old.
15. What name refers to a female deer?
Short Answer Questions
1. After his accident, Crawford Hall's doctors estimated he would live how long?
2. What treatment did Monty finally receive for his medical condition in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. What did Monty receive in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
4. When was Monty invited to meet the Queen of England in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
5. Where did Pat find the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends one day?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)