|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Marvin Roberts write his own book about horse training?
2. What role did Monty give Crawford Hall at the ranch in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) Stable cleaner.
(b) Cow milker.
(d) Manager of the training operation.
3. How long did Monty spend in a rack in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 11 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 14 days.
4. Monty discovered working with deer that even though they act expressionless, they actually have what?
(a) Murderous urges.
(b) Unique personalities.
(c) Intelligent minds.
(d) A sense of humor.
5. Where was Monty to spend an entire week in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) The London Hilton.
(c) Wellington Palace.
(d) Windsor Castle.
6. What 1999 documentary illustrates the work of Monty Roberts?
(a) Shy Boy: The Horse That Came in from the Wild.
(b) A Backstage Pass!
(c) Dancing with Horses: The Story of Monty Roberts.
(d) Monty Roberts: The Real Horse Whisperer.
7. When did the Queen of England's golden jubilee take place?
8. Who wrote the book Horse Whispers & Lies?
(a) Joyce Renebome.
(b) Monty Roberts.
(c) Joyce Renebome and Debra Ristau.
(d) Debra Ristau.
9. What happened after Lomitas injured people while racing?
(a) He was given to Monty.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He was retired permanently.
(d) He was banned from racing.
10. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) Gentle encouragement.
(b) A leather cape.
(c) A whip.
(d) A stern voice.
11. When was the current Queen of England crowned?
12. How did the young male deer act toward Monty in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
13. Lomitas was the highest rated two-year-old horse in Germany in what year?
14. What did Crawford Hall's family build him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) A modular home.
(b) A boat.
(c) A birdhouse.
(d) A cabin.
15. Where did Monty move with his family in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) Rock Creek Horse Ranch.
(b) Flag is Up Farms.
(c) The Lazy J Trailer Park.
(d) Omaha, Nebraska.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Johnny Trivio weigh?
2. What was left dead of feeling for Monty in the end of Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. How did Monty's friend become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
4. When was the book Horse Whispers & Lies published?
5. What deer did Monty meet and describe as the "sweetest, kindest most attentive deer"?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)