|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the young male deer act toward Monty in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. What did Monty save one day in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
(a) A buck.
(b) A stag.
(c) A colt.
(d) A doe.
3. Where was Monty to spend an entire week in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) The London Hilton.
(b) Wellington Palace.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
4. How much did Johnny Trivio weigh?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 1200 pounds.
(c) 1900 pounds.
(d) 850 pounds.
5. After his accident, Crawford Hall's doctors estimated he would live how long?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) A few years.
(d) Twenty or more years.
6. When did the Queen of England's golden jubilee take place?
7. Who was the current Queen of England's father?
(a) George VI.
(b) George III.
(c) George V.
(d) George IV.
8. What happened after Lomitas injured people while racing?
(a) He was banned from racing.
(b) He was retired permanently.
(c) He was given to Monty.
(d) He was killed.
9. What did Monty suddenly have a medical issue with in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) His left leg.
(b) His neck.
(c) His right arm.
(d) His lower back.
10. How old was Johnny Tivio when he died?
11. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) A stern voice.
(b) A leather cape.
(c) Gentle encouragement.
(d) A whip.
12. When was the current Queen of England crowned?
13. What did Lomitas' earnings climb to after working with Monty Roberts?
(a) 5 million.
(b) 12 million.
(c) 2.5 million.
(d) 1.1 million.
14. Monty wrote that when he speaks with _______ groups they cannot believe the work he does with deer.
15. What did Monty receive in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) The purple heart.
(b) The red ribbon.
(c) The first place trophy.
(d) The royal seal of approval.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mares did Lomitas go on to spawn after being retired?
2. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. What horse did Monty discover was afraid of the rail in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
4. What deer did Monty meet and describe as the "sweetest, kindest most attentive deer"?
5. When was Monty invited to meet the Queen of England in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)