|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Monty move with his family in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) Omaha, Nebraska.
(b) The Lazy J Trailer Park.
(c) Rock Creek Horse Ranch.
(d) Flag is Up Farms.
2. What did Monty observe Lomitas for signs of first when working with him?
3. Meeting the Queen of England was what for Monty?
4. When did Marvin Roberts write his own book about horse training?
5. What did Monty think his friend could use in order to help out on Flag is Up Farms in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) A miniature horse.
(b) A gun.
(c) A telephone.
(d) An electric wheelchair.
6. What did Monty discover was even more sensitive in deer than in horses in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
(d) Flight mechanism.
7. The book Horse Whispers and Lies claims that who was actually a kind, compassionate man?
(a) Monty Roberts.
(b) Crawford Hall.
(c) Marvin Roberts.
(d) Hastings Harcourt.
8. What did Monty call the first deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
9. Who poisoned Lomitas in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) A blackmailer.
(b) A child.
(c) A jealous fan.
(d) The jockey.
10. How many National NIRA All-Around Championships did Monty Roberts win between 1950 and 1969?
11. When was Monty invited to meet the Queen of England in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
12. What refers to an athletic contest comprising five different track and field events and won by the contestant gaining the highest total score?
13. After his accident, Crawford Hall's doctors estimated he would live how long?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty or more years.
(c) A few years.
(d) Ten years.
14. What did Lomitas' earnings climb to after working with Monty Roberts?
(a) 5 million.
(b) 2.5 million.
(c) 1.1 million.
(d) 12 million.
15. Where did Pat find the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends one day?
(a) Behind the barn.
(b) In the bathtub.
(c) On top of the car.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty discover he could have with a deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. What did Crawford Hall's family build him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. When was the current Queen of England crowned?
4. Who wrote the book Horse Whispers & Lies?
5. How many mares did Lomitas go on to spawn after being retired?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)