|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pat find the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends one day?
(a) On top of the car.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) Behind the barn.
(d) In the bathtub.
2. What was Monty worried about before performing for the royal family in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(b) His wardrobe.
(c) His voice.
(d) The lighting.
3. What did Monty receive in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) The royal seal of approval.
(b) The purple heart.
(c) The first place trophy.
(d) The red ribbon.
4. How many mares did Lomitas go on to spawn after being retired?
5. What friend did Monty discover had become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) Hastings Harcourt.
(b) Crawford Hall.
(c) Johnny Tivio.
(d) Clark Hall.
6. In what had Johnny Trivio been undefeated?
(a) The Triple Crown.
(b) The stallion sweepstakes.
(c) Jumping competitions.
(d) The Kentucky Derby.
7. Who is the current Queen of England?
(a) Victoria III.
(b) Elizabeth IV.
(c) Victoria V.
(d) Elizabeth II.
8. Monty wrote that when he speaks with _______ groups they cannot believe the work he does with deer.
9. What did Monty discover was even more sensitive in deer than in horses in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
(c) Flight mechanism.
10. How long did Monty spend in a rack in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 14 days.
(d) 11 days.
11. What did Lomitas' earnings climb to after working with Monty Roberts?
(a) 2.5 million.
(b) 1.1 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 12 million.
12. After working with Monty, Lomitas was reinstated and named what?
(a) California's top 2-year-old.
(b) Germany's top 4-year-old.
(c) California's top 3-year-old.
(d) Germany's top 3-year-old.
13. How many children did the current Queen of England have?
14. Monty discovered working with deer that even though they act expressionless, they actually have what?
(a) A sense of humor.
(b) Unique personalities.
(c) Murderous urges.
(d) Intelligent minds.
15. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) A stern voice.
(b) Gentle encouragement.
(c) A whip.
(d) A leather cape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the young male deer hate in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. What did Crawford Hall's family build him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. What name refers to a male deer?
4. When did Marvin Roberts write his own book about horse training?
5. What did Monty save one day in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)