|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Monty spend in a rack in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 14 days.
(c) 11 days.
(d) 7 days.
2. Clark Hall was the owner of what type of operation?
3. When was Monty invited to meet the Queen of England in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
4. Who is the current Queen of England?
(a) Victoria III.
(b) Elizabeth IV.
(c) Elizabeth II.
(d) Victoria V.
5. What did Monty receive in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) The purple heart.
(b) The first place trophy.
(c) The royal seal of approval.
(d) The red ribbon.
6. How many mares did Lomitas go on to spawn after being retired?
7. What happened after Lomitas injured people while racing?
(a) He was given to Monty.
(b) He was retired permanently.
(c) He was banned from racing.
(d) He was killed.
8. When was the book Horse Whispers & Lies published?
9. What did Crawford Hall's family build him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) A boat.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A modular home.
(d) A birdhouse.
10. What did the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends love to eat?
11. After his accident, Crawford Hall's doctors estimated he would live how long?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty or more years.
(c) A few years.
(d) Ten years.
12. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) A stern voice.
(b) A leather cape.
(c) A whip.
(d) Gentle encouragement.
13. What was left dead of feeling for Monty in the end of Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) His right arm.
(b) His left leg.
(c) His left arm.
(d) His right leg.
14. Where was Monty invited to meet the Queen of England in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) Essex Estate.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Wellington Palace.
(d) The White House.
15. What name refers to a female deer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lomitas' earnings climb to after working with Monty Roberts?
2. What refers to an athletic contest comprising five different track and field events and won by the contestant gaining the highest total score?
3. Monty seeks to communicate with horses on what level?
4. Who poisoned Lomitas in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
5. What color was Johnny Trivio?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)