|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was left dead of feeling for Monty in the end of Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) His left arm.
(b) His right arm.
(c) His left leg.
(d) His right leg.
2. What did Monty call the young male deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
3. What name refers to a male deer?
4. What is the name of Monty Roberts' brother?
(a) John Roberts.
(b) Robert Roberts.
(c) Larry Roberts.
(d) Andrew Roberts.
5. When was the book Horse Whispers & Lies published?
6. What friend did Monty discover had become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) Hastings Harcourt.
(b) Clark Hall.
(c) Johnny Tivio.
(d) Crawford Hall.
7. What did Monty call the first deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
8. What did Monty think his friend could use in order to help out on Flag is Up Farms in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) An electric wheelchair.
(b) A miniature horse.
(c) A gun.
(d) A telephone.
9. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) Gentle encouragement.
(b) A whip.
(c) A leather cape.
(d) A stern voice.
10. Where was Monty to spend an entire week in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Wellington Palace.
(d) The London Hilton.
11. How many children did the current Queen of England have?
12. In what had Johnny Trivio been undefeated?
(a) Jumping competitions.
(b) The stallion sweepstakes.
(c) The Triple Crown.
(d) The Kentucky Derby.
13. Where would the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends go when Monty left the farm?
(a) Up on the roof.
(b) In the barn.
(c) Outside the bathroom window.
(d) Outside his bedroom door.
14. How many National NIRA All-Around Championships did Monty Roberts win between 1950 and 1969?
15. Monty seeks to communicate with horses on what level?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book Horse Whispers & Lies?
2. What did Crawford Hall's family build him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. What happened after Lomitas injured people while racing?
4. Where was Monty invited to meet the Queen of England in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
5. In what year did Monty meet the horse Lomitas?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)