|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty call the young male deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. What did Monty receive in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) The red ribbon.
(b) The purple heart.
(c) The royal seal of approval.
(d) The first place trophy.
3. What name refers to a male deer?
4. When was the book Horse Whispers & Lies published?
5. How did Monty's friend become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) Motorcycle crash.
(b) Plane crash.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Horse racing accident.
6. Where was Monty to spend an entire week in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) Wellington Palace.
(b) The London Hilton.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Windsor Castle.
7. How many children did the current Queen of England have?
8. When did Marvin Roberts write his own book about horse training?
9. How many National NIRA All-Around Championships did Monty Roberts win between 1950 and 1969?
10. How did Monty feel about his experiences with Hastings Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
11. What role did Monty give Crawford Hall at the ranch in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) Cow milker.
(c) Manager of the training operation.
(d) Stable cleaner.
12. What was left dead of feeling for Monty in the end of Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) His left arm.
(b) His left leg.
(c) His right arm.
(d) His right leg.
13. Who is the current Queen of England?
(a) Victoria V.
(b) Elizabeth IV.
(c) Victoria III.
(d) Elizabeth II.
14. What did Crawford Hall's family build him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) A birdhouse.
(b) A modular home.
(c) A boat.
(d) A cabin.
15. The book Horse Whispers and Lies claims that who was actually a kind, compassionate man?
(a) Monty Roberts.
(b) Crawford Hall.
(c) Hastings Harcourt.
(d) Marvin Roberts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend did Monty discover had become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
2. What happened after Lomitas injured people while racing?
3. Where was Monty invited to meet the Queen of England in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
4. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
5. In what year did Monty meet the horse Lomitas?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)