|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Marvin Roberts write his own book about horse training?
2. After working with Monty, Lomitas was reinstated and named what?
(a) California's top 2-year-old.
(b) California's top 3-year-old.
(c) Germany's top 3-year-old.
(d) Germany's top 4-year-old.
3. What did Monty save one day in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
(a) A buck.
(b) A doe.
(c) A stag.
(d) A colt.
4. What friend did Monty discover had become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) Crawford Hall.
(b) Clark Hall.
(c) Hastings Harcourt.
(d) Johnny Tivio.
5. What happened after Lomitas injured people while racing?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He was retired permanently.
(c) He was given to Monty.
(d) He was banned from racing.
6. What issue did Lomitas develop after being poisoned?
(a) A foot issue.
(b) A knee Issue.
(c) A ear infection.
(d) A neck Issue.
7. What deer did Monty meet and describe as the "sweetest, kindest most attentive deer"?
(b) Sticky Pine.
8. What name refers to a male deer?
9. Monty wrote that when he speaks with _______ groups they cannot believe the work he does with deer.
10. The man who owned Lomitas was from where?
11. The young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends knocked over a photo of whom?
(a) Peter and Albert.
(b) Marcus and Donny.
(c) John and Sparky.
(d) Pat and Jay.
12. Meeting the Queen of England was what for Monty?
13. Where was Monty invited to meet the Queen of England in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) The White House.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Essex Estate.
(d) Wellington Palace.
14. What treatment did Monty finally receive for his medical condition in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(c) Physical training.
(d) Chiropractic care.
15. How did Monty's friend become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) Horse racing accident.
(b) Plane crash.
(c) Motorcycle crash.
(d) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to an athletic contest comprising five different track and field events and won by the contestant gaining the highest total score?
2. In what had Johnny Trivio been undefeated?
3. In Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate, Monty discusses how man's history of violence towards horses has resulted in the loss of what?
4. What did Monty discover he could have with a deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
5. After his accident, Crawford Hall's doctors estimated he would live how long?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)