|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horse did Monty discover was afraid of the rail in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) Wizard of Wonder.
(b) Keeper of the Light.
(c) Prince of Darkness.
(d) Jester of Fools.
2. Where was Monty invited to meet the Queen of England in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Essex Estate.
(c) The White House.
(d) Wellington Palace.
3. In what year did Monty meet the horse Lomitas?
4. What did the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends love to eat?
5. What did Monty discover he could have with a deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
(a) A race.
(b) A true friendship.
(c) A join-up.
6. How did Monty feel about his experiences with Hastings Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
7. Where did Monty move with his family in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) Omaha, Nebraska.
(b) Rock Creek Horse Ranch.
(c) The Lazy J Trailer Park.
(d) Flag is Up Farms.
8. What was left dead of feeling for Monty in the end of Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) His left leg.
(b) His left arm.
(c) His right arm.
(d) His right leg.
9. In Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate, Monty discusses how man's history of violence towards horses has resulted in the loss of what?
(b) Jumping ability.
(c) Emotional connection.
10. After his accident, Crawford Hall's doctors estimated he would live how long?
(a) A few years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty or more years.
11. Who did the young male deer hate in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
(a) Crawford Hall.
12. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
13. From 1973 to 1986, Monty Roberts was a leading consignor to what?
(a) The Who Needs A Thoroughbred Sale.
(b) The Englewood Racetrack.
(c) The Hollywood Park Two-Year-Old Thoroughbreds in Training Sale.
(d) The Half Price Thoroughbreds Sale.
14. What was the name of Pat's dog which was intimidated by the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
15. How many mares did Lomitas go on to spawn after being retired?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name refers to a female deer?
2. How much did Johnny Trivio weigh?
3. Who poisoned Lomitas in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
4. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
5. The book Horse Whispers and Lies claims that who was actually a kind, compassionate man?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)