|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mares did Lomitas go on to spawn after being retired?
2. What happened after Lomitas injured people while racing?
(a) He was retired permanently.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He was banned from racing.
(d) He was given to Monty.
3. Where did Pat find the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends one day?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) Behind the barn.
(c) In the bathtub.
(d) On top of the car.
4. What treatment did Monty finally receive for his medical condition in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(b) Chiropractic care.
(d) Physical training.
5. Monty discovered working with deer that even though they act expressionless, they actually have what?
(a) Intelligent minds.
(b) Unique personalities.
(c) Murderous urges.
(d) A sense of humor.
6. What 1999 documentary illustrates the work of Monty Roberts?
(a) Dancing with Horses: The Story of Monty Roberts.
(b) Shy Boy: The Horse That Came in from the Wild.
(c) A Backstage Pass!
(d) Monty Roberts: The Real Horse Whisperer.
7. What did Monty receive in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) The purple heart.
(b) The red ribbon.
(c) The first place trophy.
(d) The royal seal of approval.
8. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) A stern voice.
(b) A whip.
(c) A leather cape.
(d) Gentle encouragement.
9. After working with Monty, Lomitas was reinstated and named what?
(a) Germany's top 4-year-old.
(b) California's top 2-year-old.
(c) California's top 3-year-old.
(d) Germany's top 3-year-old.
10. Who said "That was one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen in my life" in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) The Royal Jester.
(b) The King.
(c) The Queen Mother.
(d) Prince Charles.
11. What issue did Lomitas develop after being poisoned?
(a) A foot issue.
(b) A knee Issue.
(c) A ear infection.
(d) A neck Issue.
12. Who poisoned Lomitas in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) A child.
(b) A jealous fan.
(c) The jockey.
(d) A blackmailer.
13. The man who owned Lomitas was from where?
14. What horse did Monty discover was afraid of the rail in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) Prince of Darkness.
(b) Jester of Fools.
(c) Wizard of Wonder.
(d) Keeper of the Light.
15. What did Monty suddenly have a medical issue with in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) His left leg.
(b) His lower back.
(c) His right arm.
(d) His neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to an athletic contest comprising five different track and field events and won by the contestant gaining the highest total score?
2. What did Monty observe Lomitas for signs of first when working with him?
3. What did Monty discover he could have with a deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
4. When did the Queen of England's golden jubilee take place?
5. In what had Johnny Trivio been undefeated?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)