|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty call the young male deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. What name refers to a female deer?
3. How many National NIRA All-Around Championships did Monty Roberts win between 1950 and 1969?
4. When was the book Horse Whispers & Lies published?
5. What did the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends love to eat?
6. How did the young male deer act toward Monty in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
7. What did Monty suddenly have a medical issue with in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) His neck.
(b) His lower back.
(c) His left leg.
(d) His right arm.
8. What happened after Lomitas injured people while racing?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He was retired permanently.
(c) He was banned from racing.
(d) He was given to Monty.
9. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
10. What did Monty receive in Chapter 7, The Invitation That Changed My Life?
(a) The red ribbon.
(b) The purple heart.
(c) The first place trophy.
(d) The royal seal of approval.
11. The young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends knocked over a photo of whom?
(a) Marcus and Donny.
(b) Pat and Jay.
(c) Peter and Albert.
(d) John and Sparky.
12. The book Horse Whispers and Lies claims that who was actually a kind, compassionate man?
(a) Hastings Harcourt.
(b) Monty Roberts.
(c) Marvin Roberts.
(d) Crawford Hall.
13. After working with Monty, Lomitas was reinstated and named what?
(a) California's top 3-year-old.
(b) Germany's top 3-year-old.
(c) Germany's top 4-year-old.
(d) California's top 2-year-old.
14. How did Monty feel about his experiences with Hastings Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
15. Monty discovered working with deer that even though they act expressionless, they actually have what?
(a) A sense of humor.
(b) Unique personalities.
(c) Intelligent minds.
(d) Murderous urges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty observe Lomitas for signs of first when working with him?
2. How did Monty's friend become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. What did Monty discover was even more sensitive in deer than in horses in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
4. In what year did Monty meet the horse Lomitas?
5. How much did Johnny Trivio weigh?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)