|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Monty go to look for wild horses at age fourteen?
2. In what year was Monty Roberts born?
3. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) The speed.
(b) The police.
(c) The money.
(d) The cruelty.
4. "Sand-castle syndrome" indicates that someone gets joy in creating something then what?
(a) Enhancing it.
(b) Destroying it.
(c) Doubling it.
(d) Forgetting it.
5. Who directed the film "East of Eden"?
(a) John Huston.
(b) Alfred Hitchcock.
(c) Ingmar Bergman.
(d) Elia Kazan.
6. What was the second horse bought for Hastings Harcourt by Monty in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
7. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) On movie sets.
(b) At church.
(c) At school.
(d) In restraurants.
8. What job did Monty's father get him in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(b) Rodeo Clown.
(c) Stunt Double.
(d) Bull rider.
9. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(b) New Mexico.
10. In Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty won races with his own horse and how many other horses that were highly trained?
11. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(c) Body language.
12. Who planned to buy a ranch in Salinas just before his untimely death in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) Don Page.
(b) James Dean.
(c) Raymond Massey.
(d) Burl Ives.
13. How long did Monty spend alone with the wild horses when he was fourteen?
(a) A year.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) Two years.
14. How many children did Monty and his wife have?
15. Monty's wife was how many years behind him in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. What star of "East of Eden" did Monty befriend and show around the horses?
3. When observing the horses in the wild at age fourteen, Monty saw how a colt who was behaving badly was isolated by what?
4. Monty's mother was the oldest of how many children?
5. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)