|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Hastings Harcourt give to the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Rock Creek Horse Ranch.
(b) Sunset Stables.
(c) Greener Pastures.
(d) Flag is Up Farms.
2. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
(b) Dream come true.
3. Monty realized in Chapter 3, East of Eden that most of his competitors had nowhere near as much what as he did?
4. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Buck wildly.
(b) Lie down.
(c) Stop to graze.
(d) Run backwards.
5. Monty Roberts was born in the middle of what American era?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) The Roaring Twenties.
(c) The Nicaraguan Crisis.
(d) The Cold War.
6. How old was Monty Roberts when he won his first riding trophy?
7. How long did Monty spend alone with the wild horses when he was fourteen?
(a) A few days.
(b) A year.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) Two years.
8. What kind of grades did Monty receive in school as a child?
(a) C's and D's.
(b) All A's.
(c) B's and C's.
(d) D's and F's.
9. What job did Monty's father take to bring in extra money in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Garbage man.
(c) Police officer.
10. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Hog Jowels.
(b) Crow's bait.
(c) Holy makerel.
(d) Jumpin' catfish.
11. In what year was Monty Roberts born?
12. Monty's wife was how many years behind him in school?
13. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Body language.
14. What psychological disorder did Hastings Harcourt suffer from?
(a) Borderline Personality Disorder.
(d) Bipolar Disorder.
15. How many siblings does Monty Roberts have?
Short Answer Questions
1. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. What budget did Hastings Harcourt give Monty for buying him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. What did Hastings Harcourt do once he discovered Monty had not destroyed his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. What job did Monty's father get him in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
5. Once Monty was free to some extent from his father's rule, he decided that instead of doing rodeos, he would join the wrestling and what team?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)