|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty's parents claim had injured him when they put him in the hospital in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A flock of sheep.
(b) An ox.
(c) The horses.
(d) The barn.
2. In Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty won races with his own horse and how many other horses that were highly trained?
3. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
(b) Snake charming.
(c) Dog racing.
(d) Dog training.
4. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
5. What kind of grades did Monty receive in school as a child?
(a) D's and F's.
(b) All A's.
(c) C's and D's.
(d) B's and C's.
6. Monty Roberts was born in the middle of what American era?
(a) The Nicaraguan Crisis.
(b) The Roaring Twenties.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) The Great Depression.
7. Monty's family's friend had what position on the set of "East of Eden"?
(a) First AD.
(b) Third HC.
(c) Second NR.
(d) Fifth AB.
8. "Sand-castle syndrome" indicates that someone gets joy in creating something then what?
(a) Enhancing it.
(b) Doubling it.
(c) Forgetting it.
(d) Destroying it.
9. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(c) New Mexico.
10. In what year was Monty Roberts born?
11. Where did Monty go to look for wild horses at age fourteen?
12. What horse did Monty Roberts claim was his all-time favorite in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) Carl Jones.
(b) Rodney Dangerfield.
(c) Johnny Tivio.
(d) Diamond Joe.
13. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) Bomb carriers.
(b) As cattle guards.
(c) Horse meat.
(d) Pulling cars from ditches.
14. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
(a) Harcourt's psychiatrist.
(b) Harcourt's wife.
(c) Harcourt's boss.
(d) Harcourt's friend.
15. What did Hastings Harcourt do once he discovered Monty had not destroyed his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Had him arrested.
(b) Hired an assassin.
(c) Got his rifle.
(d) Drove off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
2. What name did Hastings Harcourt give to the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. What was the name of the medium brown horse with a white dot between his eyes that Monty met in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. What does Monty refer to as "the most wonderful and the most predictable creatures on earth"?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)