|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was one of the mustangs injured in the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Trampled to death.
(b) Broken leg.
(c) Broken jaw.
(d) Broken neck.
2. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
3. What budget did Hastings Harcourt give Monty for buying him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
(a) "Whispering horses."
(b) "Starting horses."
(c) "Breaking horses."
(d) "Listening to horses."
5. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) A kind stranger.
(d) His girlfriend.
6. Hastings Harcourt was the son of what publishing giant?
(a) Whitmore Publishing.
(b) Harcourt Brace and World.
(c) Johnson, Stevens, and Smith.
(d) Tate Publishing.
7. "Sand-castle syndrome" indicates that someone gets joy in creating something then what?
(a) Doubling it.
(b) Forgetting it.
(c) Destroying it.
(d) Enhancing it.
8. What job did Monty's father get him in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Rodeo Clown.
(b) Stunt Double.
(c) Bull rider.
9. What did Monty's father rent to help dig a grave in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A dumptruck.
(c) An air chisel.
(d) A shovel.
10. One day when Monty's father hit him in Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty did what?
(a) Choked him.
(b) Grabbed him by the hair.
(c) Backed him against a wall.
(d) Punched him in the face.
11. Once Monty was free to some extent from his father's rule, he decided that instead of doing rodeos, he would join the wrestling and what team?
12. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
(b) In the sky.
(c) Far away.
(d) On the ground.
13. How many children did Monty and his wife have?
14. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
15. Where did Hastings Harcourt tell Monty he had property and wanted to open a full-scale thoroughbred facility?
(a) Santa Ynez.
(b) Santa Ana.
(c) Santa Barbara.
(d) Santa Monica.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
2. Monty's family's friend had what position on the set of "East of Eden"?
3. Who directed the film "East of Eden"?
4. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
5. Monty Roberts was born in the middle of what American era?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)