|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What star of "East of Eden" did Monty befriend and show around the horses?
(a) Jo Van Fleet.
(b) Richard Davalos.
(c) Raymond Massey.
(d) James Dean.
2. Where were the horses on Monty's family's farm sent when they had to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) The San Diego Zoo.
(b) Ranches in Nevada.
(c) Ranches in Arizona.
(d) To slaughter.
3. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) The cruelty.
(b) The money.
(c) The speed.
(d) The police.
4. What budget did Hastings Harcourt give Monty for buying him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
5. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
(a) An extension cord.
(b) A switch.
(c) A chain.
(d) A closed fist.
6. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Body language.
7. What did Monty's parents claim had injured him when they put him in the hospital in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) The horses.
(b) A flock of sheep.
(c) An ox.
(d) The barn.
8. How many mustangs did Monty return from Nevada with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
9. Monty Roberts was born in the middle of what American era?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) The Roaring Twenties.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) The Nicaraguan Crisis.
10. What psychological disorder did Hastings Harcourt suffer from?
(a) Borderline Personality Disorder.
(c) Bipolar Disorder.
11. Monty's wife was how many years behind him in school?
12. What is the name of Monty's wife?
(a) Pat Smith.
(b) Patty Willis.
(c) Patricia Elder.
(d) Patricia Burden.
13. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Around the equinox.
(b) Mating season.
(c) March and April.
14. Who, along with the director, asked Monty to watch the dailies and give his thoughts on "East of Eden"?
(a) Raymond Massey.
(b) James Dean.
(c) Don Page.
(d) Burl Ives.
15. What did Monty feel once in Nevada in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) He wished his father were with him.
(b) He wanted to go home.
(c) He needed more time with the horses.
(d) He wished he weren't in Nevada.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty's father beat him on a weekly basis until he was how old?
2. What did Monty's father rent to help dig a grave in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
3. How old was Monty when he married?
4. How old was Monty Roberts when he won his first riding trophy?
5. What did Monty never see any of from his film work?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)