|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the horses on Monty's family's farm sent when they had to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) The San Diego Zoo.
(b) To slaughter.
(c) Ranches in Nevada.
(d) Ranches in Arizona.
2. How many children did Monty and his wife have?
3. Hastings Harcourt was the son of what publishing giant?
(a) Whitmore Publishing.
(b) Johnson, Stevens, and Smith.
(c) Harcourt Brace and World.
(d) Tate Publishing.
4. How many siblings does Monty Roberts have?
5. What job did Monty's father get him in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Rodeo Clown.
(b) Stunt Double.
(d) Bull rider.
6. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
7. Who died in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(d) Snow White.
8. What name did Hastings Harcourt give to the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Rock Creek Horse Ranch.
(b) Flag is Up Farms.
(c) Greener Pastures.
(d) Sunset Stables.
9. How was one of the mustangs injured in the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Broken leg.
(b) Broken jaw.
(c) Broken neck.
(d) Trampled to death.
10. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
(a) In the sky.
(b) Far away.
(d) On the ground.
11. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
(a) The Backward Mule Ride.
(b) The Hungry Hog Race.
(c) The Mayor's Chicken Catch.
(d) The Wild Horse Race.
12. How many horses did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to buy for him initially?
13. What kind of grades did Monty receive in school as a child?
(a) All A's.
(b) D's and F's.
(c) B's and C's.
(d) C's and D's.
14. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Hog Jowels.
(b) Jumpin' catfish.
(c) Holy makerel.
(d) Crow's bait.
15. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
(a) His seventies.
(b) His fifties.
(c) His sixties.
(d) His eighties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychological disorder did Hastings Harcourt suffer from?
2. What budget did Hastings Harcourt give Monty for buying him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. Monty Roberts was born in the middle of what American era?
4. Monty's family's friend had what position on the set of "East of Eden"?
5. How much did Monty's father ask for rent from Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)