|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What budget did Hastings Harcourt give Monty for buying him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Run backwards.
(b) Stop to graze.
(c) Lie down.
(d) Buck wildly.
3. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
(a) Stay in Nevada.
(b) Move on to Oregon.
(c) Stay in the wilderness indefinitely.
(d) Return to Salinas quickly.
4. Where did Hastings Harcourt tell Monty he had property and wanted to open a full-scale thoroughbred facility?
(a) Santa Ynez.
(b) Santa Ana.
(c) Santa Barbara.
(d) Santa Monica.
5. How old was Monty when he met Hastings Harcourt?
6. What did Hastings Harcourt do once he discovered Monty had not destroyed his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Drove off.
(b) Hired an assassin.
(c) Got his rifle.
(d) Had him arrested.
7. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) The speed.
(b) The money.
(c) The cruelty.
(d) The police.
8. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona.
(b) Las Vegas, Nevada.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Salinas, California.
9. What had actually injured Monty to the point of being hospitalized when he was a child in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A car.
(b) A train.
(c) His father.
10. What did Monty's father offer to rent to Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A truck.
(c) A horse.
(d) A barn.
11. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Jumpin' catfish.
(b) Hog Jowels.
(c) Holy makerel.
(d) Crow's bait.
12. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
(a) Harcourt's psychiatrist.
(b) Harcourt's boss.
(c) Harcourt's wife.
(d) Harcourt's friend.
13. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(c) Body language.
14. Monty's family's friend had what position on the set of "East of Eden"?
(a) First AD.
(b) Fifth AB.
(c) Third HC.
(d) Second NR.
15. What did Monty's father hit his horse with to "break it" in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(c) A whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to hold at the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. How old was Monty Roberts when he won his first riding trophy?
3. What is the name of Monty's wife?
4. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
5. Monty's mother was the oldest of how many children?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)