|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Eye contact.
(b) Faint vocalizations.
(c) Bowing down.
(d) Pacing with head to the ground.
2. What was the second horse bought for Hastings Harcourt by Monty in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. Monty's mother was the oldest of how many children?
4. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) Bomb carriers.
(b) Horse meat.
(c) Pulling cars from ditches.
(d) As cattle guards.
5. How old was Monty Roberts when he won his first riding trophy?
6. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
(a) Dog training.
(b) Dog racing.
(d) Snake charming.
7. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Jumpin' catfish.
(b) Holy makerel.
(c) Crow's bait.
(d) Hog Jowels.
8. What did Monty feel once in Nevada in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) He needed more time with the horses.
(b) He wanted to go home.
(c) He wished he weren't in Nevada.
(d) He wished his father were with him.
9. What did Monty's father find Monty's compassionate methods of training horses to be?
(b) An outrage.
10. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
(a) Dream come true.
11. Who, along with the director, asked Monty to watch the dailies and give his thoughts on "East of Eden"?
(a) Don Page.
(b) Raymond Massey.
(c) James Dean.
(d) Burl Ives.
12. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(b) New Mexico.
13. What had actually injured Monty to the point of being hospitalized when he was a child in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A car.
(c) His father.
(d) A train.
14. Monty realized in Chapter 3, East of Eden that most of his competitors had nowhere near as much what as he did?
15. Monty's father beat him on a weekly basis until he was how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
2. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
3. What role did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to hold at the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. What did Monty never see any of from his film work?
5. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)