|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Monty spend alone with the wild horses when he was fourteen?
(a) A year.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) Two years.
2. What did Monty's father offer to rent to Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) A truck.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A barn.
(d) A horse.
3. What job did Monty's father take to bring in extra money in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(b) Police officer.
(c) Garbage man.
4. In Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty won races with his own horse and how many other horses that were highly trained?
5. What had actually injured Monty to the point of being hospitalized when he was a child in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A car.
(c) His father.
(d) A train.
6. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) Bomb carriers.
(b) Pulling cars from ditches.
(c) Horse meat.
(d) As cattle guards.
7. One day when Monty's father hit him in Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty did what?
(a) Grabbed him by the hair.
(b) Punched him in the face.
(c) Choked him.
(d) Backed him against a wall.
8. How old was Monty when he met Hastings Harcourt?
9. What percent of the thoroughbred facility did Monty receive with the option of buying in more later in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Five percent.
(b) Eight percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Twenty percent.
10. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
(a) Eight or nine.
(b) Three or four.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Four or five.
11. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
(a) The Mayor's Chicken Catch.
(b) The Backward Mule Ride.
(c) The Wild Horse Race.
(d) The Hungry Hog Race.
12. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
13. What did Monty never see any of from his film work?
(a) His earnings.
(b) The movies.
(c) His co-stars.
(d) The directors.
14. In what year did Monty get married?
15. Who directed the film "East of Eden"?
(a) Elia Kazan.
(b) Alfred Hitchcock.
(c) John Huston.
(d) Ingmar Bergman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
2. What name did Hastings Harcourt give to the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
4. What did Monty's father never show him as a child?
5. Where were the horses on Monty's family's farm sent when they had to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)