|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mustangs did Monty return from Nevada with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. Who directed the film "East of Eden"?
(a) John Huston.
(b) Elia Kazan.
(c) Alfred Hitchcock.
(d) Ingmar Bergman.
3. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
(a) Dog racing.
(b) Snake charming.
(d) Dog training.
4. In what year in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses did Monty's family have to leave their home?
5. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
(a) "Starting horses."
(b) "Breaking horses."
(c) "Listening to horses."
(d) "Whispering horses."
6. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
7. "Sand-castle syndrome" indicates that someone gets joy in creating something then what?
(a) Destroying it.
(b) Enhancing it.
(c) Doubling it.
(d) Forgetting it.
8. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) At church.
(b) On movie sets.
(c) In restraurants.
(d) At school.
9. How old was Monty when he met Hastings Harcourt?
10. What did Monty's father never show him as a child?
11. Who died in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(d) Snow White.
12. What did Monty's father find Monty's compassionate methods of training horses to be?
(a) An outrage.
13. One day when Monty's father hit him in Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty did what?
(a) Grabbed him by the hair.
(b) Punched him in the face.
(c) Backed him against a wall.
(d) Choked him.
14. What was the second horse bought for Hastings Harcourt by Monty in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
15. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Las Vegas, Nevada.
(c) Salinas, California.
(d) Phoenix, Arizona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. What does Monty refer to as "the most wonderful and the most predictable creatures on earth"?
3. In Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty won races with his own horse and how many other horses that were highly trained?
4. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
5. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)