|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Monty's father take to bring in extra money in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Garbage man.
(b) Police officer.
2. What kind tutor with a 1940s hairstyle was Monty's babysitter and also his teacher?
(a) Mrs. Gertrude Warner.
(b) Judge Myron Weatherby.
(c) Mr. George Stevens.
(d) Miss Marguerite Parsons.
3. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
(a) A switch.
(b) A closed fist.
(c) A chain.
(d) An extension cord.
4. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Buck wildly.
(b) Run backwards.
(c) Lie down.
(d) Stop to graze.
5. In what year was Monty Roberts born?
6. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
(d) Dream come true.
7. What psychological disorder did Hastings Harcourt suffer from?
(b) Borderline Personality Disorder.
(c) Bipolar Disorder.
8. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
(a) The Backward Mule Ride.
(b) The Wild Horse Race.
(c) The Mayor's Chicken Catch.
(d) The Hungry Hog Race.
9. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
10. How old was Monty when he met Hastings Harcourt?
11. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Nuclear test site.
(b) Army barracks.
(c) Japanese-American internment camps.
12. What horse which Monty bought for Hastings Harcourt ended up being ranked the best 3 year old in California?
13. What did Monty decide to secretly do with Hastings Harcourt's horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Breed them.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Sell them.
(d) Humiliate them.
14. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
15. In Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty won races with his own horse and how many other horses that were highly trained?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty's father rent to help dig a grave in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. What had actually injured Monty to the point of being hospitalized when he was a child in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
3. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
4. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. Hastings Harcourt was the son of what publishing giant?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)