|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Monty's family's friend had what position on the set of "East of Eden"?
(a) Second NR.
(b) Fifth AB.
(c) Third HC.
(d) First AD.
2. How old was Monty when he married?
3. What did Monty decide to secretly do with Hastings Harcourt's horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Sell them.
(b) Humiliate them.
(c) Eat them.
(d) Breed them.
4. How long did Monty spend alone with the wild horses when he was fourteen?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) Two years.
(c) A few days.
(d) A year.
5. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Phoenix, Arizona.
(c) Las Vegas, Nevada.
(d) Salinas, California.
6. Monty's mother was the oldest of how many children?
7. What did Monty's father find Monty's compassionate methods of training horses to be?
(d) An outrage.
8. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
9. Hastings Harcourt was the son of what publishing giant?
(a) Harcourt Brace and World.
(b) Tate Publishing.
(c) Johnson, Stevens, and Smith.
(d) Whitmore Publishing.
10. What budget did Hastings Harcourt give Monty for buying him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
11. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Eye contact.
(b) Bowing down.
(c) Pacing with head to the ground.
(d) Faint vocalizations.
12. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) As cattle guards.
(b) Pulling cars from ditches.
(c) Bomb carriers.
(d) Horse meat.
13. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
(a) A chain.
(b) A closed fist.
(c) An extension cord.
(d) A switch.
14. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
(a) Four or five.
(b) Eight or nine.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Three or four.
15. How many mustangs did Monty return from Nevada with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of the thoroughbred facility did Monty receive with the option of buying in more later in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. What kind tutor with a 1940s hairstyle was Monty's babysitter and also his teacher?
3. What did Monty feel once in Nevada in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
4. Where did Monty go to look for wild horses at age fourteen?
5. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)