|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What star of "East of Eden" did Monty befriend and show around the horses?
(a) Jo Van Fleet.
(b) James Dean.
(c) Raymond Massey.
(d) Richard Davalos.
2. In Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty won races with his own horse and how many other horses that were highly trained?
3. What was the name of the medium brown horse with a white dot between his eyes that Monty met in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Eye patch.
4. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
(a) The Hungry Hog Race.
(b) The Backward Mule Ride.
(c) The Wild Horse Race.
(d) The Mayor's Chicken Catch.
5. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) 1984 Mission Lane.
(b) 347 Church Street.
(c) 664 Moses Boulevard.
(d) 4202 Moral Way.
6. What did Monty's father offer to rent to Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) A truck.
(b) A horse.
(c) A barn.
(d) A tractor.
7. How old was Monty when World War II ended?
8. What did Hastings Harcourt do once he discovered Monty had not destroyed his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Hired an assassin.
(b) Drove off.
(c) Got his rifle.
(d) Had him arrested.
9. What did Monty's father find Monty's compassionate methods of training horses to be?
(c) An outrage.
10. What had actually injured Monty to the point of being hospitalized when he was a child in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A train.
(b) A car.
(c) His father.
11. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) March and April.
(b) Mating season.
(c) Around the equinox.
12. Monty's father beat him on a weekly basis until he was how old?
13. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(c) New Mexico.
14. What did Monty's father rent to help dig a grave in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A tractor.
(c) An air chisel.
(d) A dumptruck.
15. What role did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to hold at the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(b) Master Trainer.
(c) Night Manager.
(d) Managing Partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Monty was free to some extent from his father's rule, he decided that instead of doing rodeos, he would join the wrestling and what team?
2. Where did Monty go to look for wild horses at age fourteen?
3. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
4. In what year did Monty get married?
5. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)