|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, along with the director, asked Monty to watch the dailies and give his thoughts on "East of Eden"?
(a) Don Page.
(b) Raymond Massey.
(c) Burl Ives.
(d) James Dean.
2. What did Monty's father find Monty's compassionate methods of training horses to be?
(b) An outrage.
3. What horse did Monty Roberts claim was his all-time favorite in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) Carl Jones.
(b) Diamond Joe.
(c) Johnny Tivio.
(d) Rodney Dangerfield.
4. What does Monty refer to as "the most wonderful and the most predictable creatures on earth"?
5. What did Monty's father hit his horse with to "break it" in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(b) A whip.
6. Where did Hastings Harcourt tell Monty he had property and wanted to open a full-scale thoroughbred facility?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) Santa Monica.
(c) Santa Ynez.
(d) Santa Ana.
7. Where were the horses on Monty's family's farm sent when they had to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) The San Diego Zoo.
(b) To slaughter.
(c) Ranches in Nevada.
(d) Ranches in Arizona.
8. What star of "East of Eden" did Monty befriend and show around the horses?
(a) Richard Davalos.
(b) Jo Van Fleet.
(c) James Dean.
(d) Raymond Massey.
9. Monty realized in Chapter 3, East of Eden that most of his competitors had nowhere near as much what as he did?
10. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
(a) Return to Salinas quickly.
(b) Stay in the wilderness indefinitely.
(c) Move on to Oregon.
(d) Stay in Nevada.
11. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) As cattle guards.
(b) Horse meat.
(c) Bomb carriers.
(d) Pulling cars from ditches.
12. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
(a) Five or six.
(b) Three or four.
(c) Eight or nine.
(d) Four or five.
13. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(d) New Mexico.
14. What kind tutor with a 1940s hairstyle was Monty's babysitter and also his teacher?
(a) Mr. George Stevens.
(b) Judge Myron Weatherby.
(c) Mrs. Gertrude Warner.
(d) Miss Marguerite Parsons.
15. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Holy makerel.
(b) Crow's bait.
(c) Jumpin' catfish.
(d) Hog Jowels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
2. What did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to personally do with his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. What role did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to hold at the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
5. In what year in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses did Monty's family have to leave their home?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)