|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Around the equinox.
(b) Mating season.
(d) March and April.
2. Hastings Harcourt was the son of what publishing giant?
(a) Whitmore Publishing.
(b) Johnson, Stevens, and Smith.
(c) Harcourt Brace and World.
(d) Tate Publishing.
3. What name did Hastings Harcourt give to the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Greener Pastures.
(b) Rock Creek Horse Ranch.
(c) Sunset Stables.
(d) Flag is Up Farms.
4. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Medical attention.
5. What did Monty's father never show him as a child?
6. What psychological disorder did Hastings Harcourt suffer from?
(b) Bipolar Disorder.
(c) Borderline Personality Disorder.
7. In Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty won races with his own horse and how many other horses that were highly trained?
8. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) 4202 Moral Way.
(b) 1984 Mission Lane.
(c) 664 Moses Boulevard.
(d) 347 Church Street.
9. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(c) New Mexico.
10. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
(a) The Mayor's Chicken Catch.
(b) The Hungry Hog Race.
(c) The Wild Horse Race.
(d) The Backward Mule Ride.
11. Monty's wife was how many years behind him in school?
12. What is the name of Monty's wife?
(a) Patty Willis.
(b) Patricia Burden.
(c) Pat Smith.
(d) Patricia Elder.
13. What role did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to hold at the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Managing Partner.
(c) Night Manager.
(d) Master Trainer.
14. How old was Monty when he married?
15. How much did Monty's father ask for rent from Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(b) A small amount.
(c) A large amount.
(d) A reasonable amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
2. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
3. What did Hastings Harcourt do once he discovered Monty had not destroyed his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. One day when Monty's father hit him in Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty did what?
5. What kind of grades did Monty receive in school as a child?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)