|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Sand-castle syndrome" indicates that someone gets joy in creating something then what?
(a) Doubling it.
(b) Destroying it.
(c) Forgetting it.
(d) Enhancing it.
2. What budget did Hastings Harcourt give Monty for buying him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
4. What is the name of Monty's wife?
(a) Patricia Burden.
(b) Pat Smith.
(c) Patricia Elder.
(d) Patty Willis.
5. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) The cruelty.
(b) The speed.
(c) The police.
(d) The money.
6. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona.
(b) San Francisco, California.
(c) Las Vegas, Nevada.
(d) Salinas, California.
7. What does Monty refer to as "the most wonderful and the most predictable creatures on earth"?
8. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
(b) Dream come true.
9. Who directed the film "East of Eden"?
(a) Ingmar Bergman.
(b) John Huston.
(c) Alfred Hitchcock.
(d) Elia Kazan.
10. Monty's father beat him on a weekly basis until he was how old?
11. What psychological disorder did Hastings Harcourt suffer from?
(b) Bipolar Disorder.
(c) Borderline Personality Disorder.
12. How many siblings does Monty Roberts have?
13. What horse which Monty bought for Hastings Harcourt ended up being ranked the best 3 year old in California?
14. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
15. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(b) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had actually injured Monty to the point of being hospitalized when he was a child in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
2. How was one of the mustangs injured in the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. What job did Monty's father take to bring in extra money in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
5. What did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to personally do with his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)