|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
(a) The Wild Horse Race.
(b) The Mayor's Chicken Catch.
(c) The Backward Mule Ride.
(d) The Hungry Hog Race.
2. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Around the equinox.
(b) March and April.
(d) Mating season.
3. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
4. What horse which Monty bought for Hastings Harcourt ended up being ranked the best 3 year old in California?
5. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Lie down.
(b) Stop to graze.
(c) Run backwards.
(d) Buck wildly.
6. How many siblings does Monty Roberts have?
7. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Japanese-American internment camps.
(b) Army barracks.
(c) Nuclear test site.
8. One day when Monty's father hit him in Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty did what?
(a) Punched him in the face.
(b) Grabbed him by the hair.
(c) Choked him.
(d) Backed him against a wall.
9. What had actually injured Monty to the point of being hospitalized when he was a child in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A train.
(b) His father.
(d) A car.
10. What did Monty's father hit his horse with to "break it" in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A whip.
11. How many mustangs did Monty return from Nevada with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
12. Monty's family's friend had what position on the set of "East of Eden"?
(a) First AD.
(b) Fifth AB.
(c) Third HC.
(d) Second NR.
13. What did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to personally do with his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Breed them.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Rce them.
(d) Exercise them.
14. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
(a) In the sky.
(b) Far away.
(d) On the ground.
15. What budget did Hastings Harcourt give Monty for buying him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Monty when World War II ended?
2. Monty's mother was the oldest of how many children?
3. What is the name of Monty's wife?
4. Where were the horses on Monty's family's farm sent when they had to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
5. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)