|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona.
(b) Salinas, California.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Las Vegas, Nevada.
2. What psychological disorder did Hastings Harcourt suffer from?
(a) Bipolar Disorder.
(b) Borderline Personality Disorder.
3. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
(a) His seventies.
(b) His sixties.
(c) His fifties.
(d) His eighties.
4. How many mustangs did Monty return from Nevada with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. "Sand-castle syndrome" indicates that someone gets joy in creating something then what?
(a) Enhancing it.
(b) Destroying it.
(c) Doubling it.
(d) Forgetting it.
6. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
7. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
8. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
(a) Snake charming.
(b) Dog racing.
(c) Dog training.
9. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Lie down.
(b) Buck wildly.
(c) Stop to graze.
(d) Run backwards.
10. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Army barracks.
(b) Japanese-American internment camps.
(c) Nuclear test site.
11. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
(a) "Starting horses."
(b) "Breaking horses."
(c) "Whispering horses."
(d) "Listening to horses."
12. What horse did Monty Roberts claim was his all-time favorite in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) Carl Jones.
(b) Johnny Tivio.
(c) Diamond Joe.
(d) Rodney Dangerfield.
13. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
(a) On the ground.
(c) Far away.
(d) In the sky.
14. Where did Monty go to look for wild horses at age fourteen?
15. Who directed the film "East of Eden"?
(a) Elia Kazan.
(b) Alfred Hitchcock.
(c) Ingmar Bergman.
(d) John Huston.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Monty's father ask for rent from Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. In what year did Monty get married?
4. What star of "East of Eden" did Monty befriend and show around the horses?
5. What did Monty's parents claim had injured him when they put him in the hospital in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)