|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Faint vocalizations.
(b) Bowing down.
(c) Eye contact.
(d) Pacing with head to the ground.
2. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
(a) Dream come true.
3. What did Monty's father never show him as a child?
4. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
5. How many children did Monty and his wife have?
6. What star of "East of Eden" did Monty befriend and show around the horses?
(a) Richard Davalos.
(b) James Dean.
(c) Jo Van Fleet.
(d) Raymond Massey.
7. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
8. How old was Monty Roberts when he won his first riding trophy?
9. Monty's family's friend had what position on the set of "East of Eden"?
(a) Second NR.
(b) First AD.
(c) Fifth AB.
(d) Third HC.
10. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
(a) Harcourt's boss.
(b) Harcourt's psychiatrist.
(c) Harcourt's wife.
(d) Harcourt's friend.
11. What did Monty decide to secretly do with Hastings Harcourt's horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Breed them.
(b) Humiliate them.
(c) Sell them.
(d) Eat them.
12. Who directed the film "East of Eden"?
(a) Elia Kazan.
(b) Alfred Hitchcock.
(c) John Huston.
(d) Ingmar Bergman.
13. When observing the horses in the wild at age fourteen, Monty saw how a colt who was behaving badly was isolated by what?
(a) A mare.
(b) Another colt.
(c) A sire.
(d) A horse trainer.
14. How many horses did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to buy for him initially?
15. What percent of the thoroughbred facility did Monty receive with the option of buying in more later in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Twenty percent.
(b) Eight percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Five percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
2. Hastings Harcourt was the son of what publishing giant?
3. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
4. Where did Hastings Harcourt tell Monty he had property and wanted to open a full-scale thoroughbred facility?
5. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)