|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Monty when he married?
2. What had actually injured Monty to the point of being hospitalized when he was a child in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) His father.
(b) A train.
(c) A car.
3. What was the second horse bought for Hastings Harcourt by Monty in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. What star of "East of Eden" did Monty befriend and show around the horses?
(a) James Dean.
(b) Jo Van Fleet.
(c) Raymond Massey.
(d) Richard Davalos.
5. What horse which Monty bought for Hastings Harcourt ended up being ranked the best 3 year old in California?
6. How old was Monty when World War II ended?
7. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
(a) A chain.
(b) A switch.
(c) A closed fist.
(d) An extension cord.
8. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
(a) Stay in Nevada.
(b) Return to Salinas quickly.
(c) Stay in the wilderness indefinitely.
(d) Move on to Oregon.
9. How long did Monty spend alone with the wild horses when he was fourteen?
(a) A year.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) A few days.
10. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(b) Army barracks.
(c) Japanese-American internment camps.
(d) Nuclear test site.
11. What psychological disorder did Hastings Harcourt suffer from?
(b) Bipolar Disorder.
(c) Borderline Personality Disorder.
12. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) The police.
(b) The cruelty.
(c) The money.
(d) The speed.
13. In what year was Monty Roberts born?
14. How was one of the mustangs injured in the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Trampled to death.
(b) Broken jaw.
(c) Broken neck.
(d) Broken leg.
15. What was the name of the medium brown horse with a white dot between his eyes that Monty met in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(b) Eye patch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hastings Harcourt do once he discovered Monty had not destroyed his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. Once Monty was free to some extent from his father's rule, he decided that instead of doing rodeos, he would join the wrestling and what team?
4. "Sand-castle syndrome" indicates that someone gets joy in creating something then what?
5. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)