|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
(a) Dog training.
(b) Dog racing.
(c) Snake charming.
2. Monty Roberts was born in the middle of what American era?
(a) The Roaring Twenties.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) The Nicaraguan Crisis.
3. What role did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to hold at the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Night Manager.
(b) Managing Partner.
(d) Master Trainer.
4. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(b) Medical attention.
5. In what year in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses did Monty's family have to leave their home?
6. Where were the horses on Monty's family's farm sent when they had to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Ranches in Nevada.
(b) The San Diego Zoo.
(c) Ranches in Arizona.
(d) To slaughter.
7. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) 664 Moses Boulevard.
(b) 347 Church Street.
(c) 1984 Mission Lane.
(d) 4202 Moral Way.
8. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
9. How old was Monty Roberts when he won his first riding trophy?
10. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Salinas, California.
(c) Las Vegas, Nevada.
(d) Phoenix, Arizona.
11. "Sand-castle syndrome" indicates that someone gets joy in creating something then what?
(a) Doubling it.
(b) Enhancing it.
(c) Forgetting it.
(d) Destroying it.
12. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) In restraurants.
(b) On movie sets.
(c) At church.
(d) At school.
13. What did Monty's father hit his horse with to "break it" in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A whip.
14. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
(a) "Whispering horses."
(b) "Starting horses."
(c) "Breaking horses."
(d) "Listening to horses."
15. What was the name of the medium brown horse with a white dot between his eyes that Monty met in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(c) Eye patch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Monty was free to some extent from his father's rule, he decided that instead of doing rodeos, he would join the wrestling and what team?
2. Monty realized in Chapter 3, East of Eden that most of his competitors had nowhere near as much what as he did?
3. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
4. What did Monty's parents claim had injured him when they put him in the hospital in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
5. How old was Monty when he married?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)