|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Full Circle and Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Army barracks.
(b) Nuclear test site.
(d) Japanese-American internment camps.
2. How was one of the mustangs injured in the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Broken neck.
(b) Broken jaw.
(c) Trampled to death.
(d) Broken leg.
3. "Sand-castle syndrome" indicates that someone gets joy in creating something then what?
(a) Doubling it.
(b) Enhancing it.
(c) Destroying it.
(d) Forgetting it.
4. What is the name of Monty's wife?
(a) Patty Willis.
(b) Pat Smith.
(c) Patricia Burden.
(d) Patricia Elder.
5. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
2. What was one use for horses during World War II?
3. Lomitas was the highest rated two-year-old horse in Germany in what year?
4. In the appendix, Monty stresses that the goal in working with horses is to make them what?
5. What friend did Monty discover had become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)