|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mares did Lomitas go on to spawn after being retired?
2. Who planned to buy a ranch in Salinas just before his untimely death in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) Raymond Massey.
(b) Burl Ives.
(c) Don Page.
(d) James Dean.
3. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
(a) A closed fist.
(b) A chain.
(c) An extension cord.
(d) A switch.
4. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Around the equinox.
(b) March and April.
(c) Mating season.
5. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
(a) Snake charming.
(c) Dog racing.
(d) Dog training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty seeks to communicate with horses on what level?
2. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
3. What did the young male deer in Chapter 6, Deer Friends love to eat?
4. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
5. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)