|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clark Hall was the owner of what type of operation?
2. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
3. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) As cattle guards.
(b) Horse meat.
(c) Pulling cars from ditches.
(d) Bomb carriers.
4. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
(a) The Wild Horse Race.
(b) The Hungry Hog Race.
(c) The Backward Mule Ride.
(d) The Mayor's Chicken Catch.
5. What did Monty never see any of from his film work?
(a) His co-stars.
(b) His earnings.
(c) The directors.
(d) The movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the young male deer act toward Monty in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. Who wrote the book Horse Whispers & Lies?
3. What name refers to a male deer?
4. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
5. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)