|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty discover he could use to help a horse overcome fear of the rail and enter the starting gate with in Chapter 8, When a Racehorse's Worst Memory is a Starting Gate?
(a) A stern voice.
(b) A leather cape.
(c) A whip.
(d) Gentle encouragement.
2. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. What percent of the thoroughbred facility did Monty receive with the option of buying in more later in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Five percent.
(b) Eight percent.
(c) Twenty percent.
(d) Ten percent.
4. When was the book Horse Whispers & Lies published?
5. How many mustangs did Monty return from Nevada with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
2. How many horses did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to buy for him initially?
3. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
4. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. Who directed the film "East of Eden"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)