|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Deer Friends.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Crawford Hall's family build him in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A boat.
(c) A birdhouse.
(d) A modular home.
2. Monty's mother was the oldest of how many children?
3. What did Monty's father hit his horse with to "break it" in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(c) A whip.
4. How did Monty's friend become quadriplegic in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
(a) Plane crash.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Motorcycle crash.
(d) Horse racing accident.
5. Where did Hastings Harcourt tell Monty he had property and wanted to open a full-scale thoroughbred facility?
(a) Santa Ana.
(b) Santa Monica.
(c) Santa Barbara.
(d) Santa Ynez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty call the first deer he befriended in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
2. How old was Johnny Tivio when he died?
3. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. How was one of the mustangs injured in the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)