|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Deer Friends.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Monty's mother was the oldest of how many children?
2. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
(a) On the ground.
(c) Far away.
(d) In the sky.
3. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
(a) Stay in Nevada.
(b) Move on to Oregon.
(c) Stay in the wilderness indefinitely.
(d) Return to Salinas quickly.
4. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
5. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
(a) The Mayor's Chicken Catch.
(b) The Wild Horse Race.
(c) The Backward Mule Ride.
(d) The Hungry Hog Race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
2. What role did Monty give Crawford Hall at the ranch in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
3. How did Monty feel about his experiences with Hastings Harcourt in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
4. What treatment did Monty finally receive for his medical condition in Chapter 5, Flag is Up Farms Regained?
5. What did Monty save one day in Chapter 6, Deer Friends?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)