|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horse which Monty bought for Hastings Harcourt ended up being ranked the best 3 year old in California?
2. What is the name of Monty's wife?
(a) Patricia Burden.
(b) Patty Willis.
(c) Pat Smith.
(d) Patricia Elder.
3. In what year in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses did Monty's family have to leave their home?
4. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) The money.
(b) The speed.
(c) The police.
(d) The cruelty.
5. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Nuclear test site.
(c) Army barracks.
(d) Japanese-American internment camps.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
2. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
3. In what year did Monty get married?
4. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. Where did Hastings Harcourt tell Monty he had property and wanted to open a full-scale thoroughbred facility?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)