|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(c) Medical attention.
2. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
3. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Crow's bait.
(b) Jumpin' catfish.
(c) Hog Jowels.
(d) Holy makerel.
4. What is the name of Monty's wife?
(a) Patricia Burden.
(b) Pat Smith.
(c) Patty Willis.
(d) Patricia Elder.
5. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
(a) A closed fist.
(b) An extension cord.
(c) A chain.
(d) A switch.
Short Answer Questions
1. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
2. What role did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to hold at the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. Hastings Harcourt was the son of what publishing giant?
4. What kind of grades did Monty receive in school as a child?
5. How was one of the mustangs injured in the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)