|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Stop to graze.
(b) Buck wildly.
(c) Lie down.
(d) Run backwards.
2. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Nuclear test site.
(b) Japanese-American internment camps.
(d) Army barracks.
3. What horse did Monty Roberts claim was his all-time favorite in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) Johnny Tivio.
(b) Carl Jones.
(c) Rodney Dangerfield.
(d) Diamond Joe.
4. One day when Monty's father hit him in Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty did what?
(a) Choked him.
(b) Grabbed him by the hair.
(c) Backed him against a wall.
(d) Punched him in the face.
5. What horse which Monty bought for Hastings Harcourt ended up being ranked the best 3 year old in California?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Monty spend alone with the wild horses when he was fourteen?
2. Where did Monty go to look for wild horses at age fourteen?
3. What percent of the thoroughbred facility did Monty receive with the option of buying in more later in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. How old was Monty when he married?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)