|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day when Monty's father hit him in Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty did what?
(a) Choked him.
(b) Grabbed him by the hair.
(c) Punched him in the face.
(d) Backed him against a wall.
2. Where did Monty go to look for wild horses at age fourteen?
3. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(c) New Mexico.
4. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
(a) Snake charming.
(c) Dog racing.
(d) Dog training.
5. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
2. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. What did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to personally do with his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
5. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)