|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses did Monty's family have to leave their home?
2. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) A kind stranger.
3. What was the second horse bought for Hastings Harcourt by Monty in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. Where were the horses on Monty's family's farm sent when they had to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Ranches in Arizona.
(b) Ranches in Nevada.
(c) To slaughter.
(d) The San Diego Zoo.
5. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(d) Medical attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty's mother was the oldest of how many children?
2. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
3. Who died in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
4. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
5. What did Monty's father rent to help dig a grave in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)