|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monty refer to as "the most wonderful and the most predictable creatures on earth"?
2. When observing the horses in the wild at age fourteen, Monty saw how a colt who was behaving badly was isolated by what?
(a) Another colt.
(b) A horse trainer.
(c) A mare.
(d) A sire.
3. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
(a) "Starting horses."
(b) "Whispering horses."
(c) "Breaking horses."
(d) "Listening to horses."
4. How many mustangs did Monty return from Nevada with in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. In what year in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses did Monty's family have to leave their home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
2. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
3. Where did Hastings Harcourt tell Monty he had property and wanted to open a full-scale thoroughbred facility?
4. How old was Monty when he met Hastings Harcourt?
5. Who planned to buy a ranch in Salinas just before his untimely death in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)