|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
2. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Holy makerel.
(b) Crow's bait.
(c) Jumpin' catfish.
(d) Hog Jowels.
3. How old was Monty when World War II ended?
4. What is the name of Monty's wife?
(a) Patty Willis.
(b) Patricia Burden.
(c) Patricia Elder.
(d) Pat Smith.
5. Hastings Harcourt was the son of what publishing giant?
(a) Whitmore Publishing.
(b) Tate Publishing.
(c) Harcourt Brace and World.
(d) Johnson, Stevens, and Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty's father find Monty's compassionate methods of training horses to be?
2. Who planned to buy a ranch in Salinas just before his untimely death in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
3. What was the second horse bought for Hastings Harcourt by Monty in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. How many children did Monty and his wife have?
5. One day when Monty's father hit him in Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty did what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)