|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind tutor with a 1940s hairstyle was Monty's babysitter and also his teacher?
(a) Mrs. Gertrude Warner.
(b) Miss Marguerite Parsons.
(c) Judge Myron Weatherby.
(d) Mr. George Stevens.
2. What was the name of the medium brown horse with a white dot between his eyes that Monty met in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(d) Eye patch.
3. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
(a) Four or five.
(b) Eight or nine.
(c) Three or four.
(d) Five or six.
4. What name did Hastings Harcourt give to the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Rock Creek Horse Ranch.
(b) Flag is Up Farms.
(c) Greener Pastures.
(d) Sunset Stables.
5. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
(a) His fifties.
(b) His seventies.
(c) His sixties.
(d) His eighties.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many horses did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to buy for him initially?
2. What did Hastings Harcourt do once he discovered Monty had not destroyed his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
4. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
5. What does Monty refer to as "the most wonderful and the most predictable creatures on earth"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)