|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Monty's wife was how many years behind him in school?
2. What budget did Hastings Harcourt give Monty for buying him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. What percent of the thoroughbred facility did Monty receive with the option of buying in more later in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Eight percent.
(b) Five percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Twenty percent.
4. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) Bomb carriers.
(b) Horse meat.
(c) Pulling cars from ditches.
(d) As cattle guards.
5. How much did Monty's father ask for rent from Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) A large amount.
(b) A reasonable amount.
(c) A small amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to personally do with his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
3. Who, along with the director, asked Monty to watch the dailies and give his thoughts on "East of Eden"?
4. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
5. In what year in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses did Monty's family have to leave their home?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)