|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many horses did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to buy for him initially?
2. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
(a) "Whispering horses."
(b) "Breaking horses."
(c) "Starting horses."
(d) "Listening to horses."
3. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Buck wildly.
(b) Run backwards.
(c) Stop to graze.
(d) Lie down.
4. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Nuclear test site.
(c) Japanese-American internment camps.
(d) Army barracks.
5. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
(a) Salinas, California.
(b) Las Vegas, Nevada.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) San Francisco, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monty refer to as "the most wonderful and the most predictable creatures on earth"?
2. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. How much did Monty's father ask for rent from Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
4. "Sand-castle syndrome" indicates that someone gets joy in creating something then what?
5. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)