|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What star of "East of Eden" did Monty befriend and show around the horses?
(a) James Dean.
(b) Richard Davalos.
(c) Raymond Massey.
(d) Jo Van Fleet.
2. What did Monty decide to secretly do with Hastings Harcourt's horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Humiliate them.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Breed them.
(d) Sell them.
3. What kind of grades did Monty receive in school as a child?
(a) B's and C's.
(b) All A's.
(c) C's and D's.
(d) D's and F's.
4. What did Hastings Harcourt do once he discovered Monty had not destroyed his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Hired an assassin.
(b) Had him arrested.
(c) Drove off.
(d) Got his rifle.
5. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(b) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Monty Roberts have?
2. Who planned to buy a ranch in Salinas just before his untimely death in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
3. Where did Monty go to look for wild horses at age fourteen?
4. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. How much did Monty's father ask for rent from Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)