|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Jumpin' catfish.
(b) Holy makerel.
(c) Crow's bait.
(d) Hog Jowels.
2. What kind of grades did Monty receive in school as a child?
(a) All A's.
(b) B's and C's.
(c) D's and F's.
(d) C's and D's.
3. What job did Monty's father get him in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Rodeo Clown.
(b) Bull rider.
(d) Stunt Double.
4. Where were the horses on Monty's family's farm sent when they had to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Ranches in Nevada.
(b) To slaughter.
(c) The San Diego Zoo.
(d) Ranches in Arizona.
5. Monty won various competitions in Chapter 3, East of Eden, including what?
(a) Snake charming.
(b) Dog racing.
(c) Dog training.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was one of the mustangs injured in the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. What did Monty's father hit his horse with to "break it" in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
3. What did Monty feel once in Nevada in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
4. Monty Roberts was born in the middle of what American era?
5. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)