|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty's father rent to help dig a grave in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A dumptruck.
(c) A tractor.
(d) An air chisel.
2. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
(a) Harcourt's friend.
(b) Harcourt's wife.
(c) Harcourt's psychiatrist.
(d) Harcourt's boss.
3. What was the second horse bought for Hastings Harcourt by Monty in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. How old was Monty when World War II ended?
5. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Hastings Harcourt give to the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. What kind of grades did Monty receive in school as a child?
3. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
5. Who, along with the director, asked Monty to watch the dailies and give his thoughts on "East of Eden"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)