|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
(a) A closed fist.
(b) An extension cord.
(c) A chain.
(d) A switch.
2. What did Hastings Harcourt do once he discovered Monty had not destroyed his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Got his rifle.
(b) Hired an assassin.
(c) Drove off.
(d) Had him arrested.
3. What had actually injured Monty to the point of being hospitalized when he was a child in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A car.
(b) His father.
(c) A train.
4. What name did Hastings Harcourt give to the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Flag is Up Farms.
(b) Greener Pastures.
(c) Rock Creek Horse Ranch.
(d) Sunset Stables.
5. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Around the equinox.
(b) Mating season.
(c) March and April.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty's father offer to rent to Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. What does Monty refer to as "the most wonderful and the most predictable creatures on earth"?
3. What horse which Monty bought for Hastings Harcourt ended up being ranked the best 3 year old in California?
4. In Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty won races with his own horse and how many other horses that were highly trained?
5. Where did Hastings Harcourt tell Monty he had property and wanted to open a full-scale thoroughbred facility?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)