|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) 347 Church Street.
(b) 4202 Moral Way.
(c) 664 Moses Boulevard.
(d) 1984 Mission Lane.
2. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Lie down.
(b) Stop to graze.
(c) Run backwards.
(d) Buck wildly.
3. Where were the horses on Monty's family's farm sent when they had to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Ranches in Nevada.
(b) Ranches in Arizona.
(c) To slaughter.
(d) The San Diego Zoo.
4. Monty's father beat him on a weekly basis until he was how old?
5. What did Monty's father hit his horse with to "break it" in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to hold at the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
2. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. What did Monty never see any of from his film work?
4. What star of "East of Eden" did Monty befriend and show around the horses?
5. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)