|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Monty's mother was the oldest of how many children?
2. What was the name of the medium brown horse with a white dot between his eyes that Monty met in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(c) Eye patch.
3. What did Monty's father never show him as a child?
4. Who planned to buy a ranch in Salinas just before his untimely death in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) James Dean.
(b) Raymond Massey.
(c) Don Page.
(d) Burl Ives.
5. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(b) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
2. In what year was "East of Eden" shot in Salinas?
3. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
4. What name did Hastings Harcourt give to the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
5. Monty realized in Chapter 3, East of Eden that most of his competitors had nowhere near as much what as he did?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)