|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) On movie sets.
(b) In restraurants.
(c) At school.
(d) At church.
2. What horse did Monty Roberts claim was his all-time favorite in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) Johnny Tivio.
(b) Diamond Joe.
(c) Carl Jones.
(d) Rodney Dangerfield.
3. Who planned to buy a ranch in Salinas just before his untimely death in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) James Dean.
(b) Burl Ives.
(c) Raymond Massey.
(d) Don Page.
4. What percent of the thoroughbred facility did Monty receive with the option of buying in more later in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Eight percent.
(b) Five percent.
(c) Twenty percent.
(d) Ten percent.
5. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) Bomb carriers.
(b) As cattle guards.
(c) Horse meat.
(d) Pulling cars from ditches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Monty was free to some extent from his father's rule, he decided that instead of doing rodeos, he would join the wrestling and what team?
2. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
3. What budget did Hastings Harcourt give Monty for buying him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
4. Who, along with the director, asked Monty to watch the dailies and give his thoughts on "East of Eden"?
5. Where were the horses on Monty's family's farm sent when they had to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)