|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(b) New Mexico.
2. Who directed the film "East of Eden"?
(a) Alfred Hitchcock.
(b) John Huston.
(c) Elia Kazan.
(d) Ingmar Bergman.
3. How old was Monty when World War II ended?
4. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Eye contact.
(b) Pacing with head to the ground.
(c) Faint vocalizations.
(d) Bowing down.
5. What name did Hastings Harcourt give to the thoroughbred facility in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Flag is Up Farms.
(b) Greener Pastures.
(c) Rock Creek Horse Ranch.
(d) Sunset Stables.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
2. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
3. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
4. What budget did Hastings Harcourt give Monty for buying him horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
5. How many horses did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to buy for him initially?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)