|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
2. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
(a) The Hungry Hog Race.
(b) The Mayor's Chicken Catch.
(c) The Wild Horse Race.
(d) The Backward Mule Ride.
3. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
(a) Stay in the wilderness indefinitely.
(b) Return to Salinas quickly.
(c) Stay in Nevada.
(d) Move on to Oregon.
4. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) The police.
(b) The speed.
(c) The money.
(d) The cruelty.
5. What horse which Monty bought for Hastings Harcourt ended up being ranked the best 3 year old in California?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
2. What did Monty's father rent to help dig a grave in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
3. How old was Hastings Harcourt when he met Monty?
4. "Sand-castle syndrome" indicates that someone gets joy in creating something then what?
5. What is the name of Monty's wife?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)