|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who planned to buy a ranch in Salinas just before his untimely death in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) Burl Ives.
(b) Raymond Massey.
(c) Don Page.
(d) James Dean.
2. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) A kind stranger.
3. What did Hastings Harcourt ask Monty to personally do with his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
(a) Exercise them.
(b) Breed them.
(c) Rce them.
(d) Shoot them.
4. What did Monty's father offer to rent to Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) A barn.
(b) A truck.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A horse.
5. Monty Roberts was born in the middle of what American era?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) The Roaring Twenties.
(c) The Nicaraguan Crisis.
(d) The Cold War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Monty's father rent to help dig a grave in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. What did Hastings Harcourt do once he discovered Monty had not destroyed his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
3. What horse did Monty Roberts claim was his all-time favorite in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
4. Monty realized in Chapter 3, East of Eden that most of his competitors had nowhere near as much what as he did?
5. Who died in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)