|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
(a) Move on to Oregon.
(b) Return to Salinas quickly.
(c) Stay in the wilderness indefinitely.
(d) Stay in Nevada.
2. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(c) Body language.
3. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(c) Medical attention.
4. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) Horse meat.
(b) Bomb carriers.
(c) As cattle guards.
(d) Pulling cars from ditches.
5. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
(a) Four or five.
(b) Five or six.
(c) Eight or nine.
(d) Three or four.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informed Monty of Hasting Harcourt's "sand-castle syndrome"?
2. "Sand-castle syndrome" indicates that someone gets joy in creating something then what?
3. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
4. What did Monty's father offer to rent to Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
5. What did Hastings Harcourt do once he discovered Monty had not destroyed his horses in Chapter 4, The Sand-Castle Syndrome?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)