|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, East of Eden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty feel once in Nevada in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) He wished his father were with him.
(b) He wanted to go home.
(c) He wished he weren't in Nevada.
(d) He needed more time with the horses.
2. What was the name of the medium brown horse with a white dot between his eyes that Monty met in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(c) Eye patch.
3. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Japanese-American internment camps.
(b) Army barracks.
(d) Nuclear test site.
4. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(d) Medical attention.
5. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
(a) Stay in Nevada.
(b) Move on to Oregon.
(c) Stay in the wilderness indefinitely.
(d) Return to Salinas quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty Roberts was born in the middle of what American era?
2. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
3. What job did Monty's father get him in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. Monty's wife was how many years behind him in school?
5. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)