|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, East of Eden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) Horse meat.
(b) As cattle guards.
(c) Pulling cars from ditches.
(d) Bomb carriers.
2. What did Monty's father hit his horse with to "break it" in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A whip.
3. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Nuclear test site.
(b) Army barracks.
(c) Japanese-American internment camps.
4. Who died in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(c) Snow White.
5. Monty's father beat him on a weekly basis until he was how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. One day when Monty's father hit him in Chapter 3, East of Eden, Monty did what?
4. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)