|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, East of Eden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(c) Snow White.
2. What did Monty feel once in Nevada in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) He needed more time with the horses.
(b) He wanted to go home.
(c) He wished he weren't in Nevada.
(d) He wished his father were with him.
3. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) In restraurants.
(b) At church.
(c) On movie sets.
(d) At school.
4. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
(a) "Starting horses."
(b) "Whispering horses."
(c) "Breaking horses."
(d) "Listening to horses."
5. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
2. What was the name of the medium brown horse with a white dot between his eyes that Monty met in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
3. What was one use for horses during World War II?
4. When Monty illustrated his method for a horse trainer he knew in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, the trainer said that it was a what?
5. Monty realized in Chapter 3, East of Eden that most of his competitors had nowhere near as much what as he did?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)