|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, East of Eden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
(a) Far away.
(b) In the sky.
(d) On the ground.
2. How was one of the mustangs injured in the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Broken jaw.
(b) Broken leg.
(c) Trampled to death.
(d) Broken neck.
3. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) His mother.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) A kind stranger.
(d) His father.
4. How old was Monty when he married?
5. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
2. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
5. What did Monty's father hit his horse with to "break it" in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)