|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, East of Eden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Faint vocalizations.
(b) Bowing down.
(c) Pacing with head to the ground.
(d) Eye contact.
2. How old was Monty when he married?
3. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
(a) Three or four.
(b) Eight or nine.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Four or five.
4. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
(a) A closed fist.
(b) An extension cord.
(c) A switch.
(d) A chain.
5. What did Monty's father offer to rent to Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A barn.
(c) A horse.
(d) A truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Monty's father beat him on a weekly basis until he was how old?
2. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
3. What did Monty's father rent to help dig a grave in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
4. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
5. How much did Monty's father ask for rent from Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)