|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, East of Eden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Monty and his wife have?
2. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Eye contact.
(b) Bowing down.
(c) Pacing with head to the ground.
(d) Faint vocalizations.
3. Once Monty was free to some extent from his father's rule, he decided that instead of doing rodeos, he would join the wrestling and what team?
4. What did Monty's father hit his horse with to "break it" in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(b) A whip.
5. Monty's wife was how many years behind him in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
2. How much did Monty's father ask for rent from Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
3. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
4. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)