|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty's father find Monty's compassionate methods of training horses to be?
(b) An outrage.
2. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
(a) Three or four.
(b) Four or five.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Eight or nine.
3. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Pacing with head to the ground.
(b) Eye contact.
(c) Bowing down.
(d) Faint vocalizations.
4. Where did Monty go to look for wild horses at age fourteen?
5. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Phoenix, Arizona.
(c) Salinas, California.
(d) Las Vegas, Nevada.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was one of the mustangs injured in the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
3. In what year in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses did Monty's family have to leave their home?
4. What was one use for horses during World War II?
5. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)