|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
(a) In the sky.
(c) Far away.
(d) On the ground.
2. What did the others who went to Nevada with Monty in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses, want to do?
(a) Stay in Nevada.
(b) Move on to Oregon.
(c) Stay in the wilderness indefinitely.
(d) Return to Salinas quickly.
3. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Around the equinox.
(c) March and April.
(d) Mating season.
4. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
(a) The Mayor's Chicken Catch.
(b) The Backward Mule Ride.
(c) The Hungry Hog Race.
(d) The Wild Horse Race.
5. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
(a) A chain.
(b) An extension cord.
(c) A closed fist.
(d) A switch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one use for horses during World War II?
2. Monty Roberts began riding horses professionally from what age?
3. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. Monty's father beat him on a weekly basis until he was how old?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)