|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) The police.
(b) The cruelty.
(c) The speed.
(d) The money.
2. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Nuclear test site.
(c) Japanese-American internment camps.
(d) Army barracks.
3. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Mating season.
(c) Around the equinox.
(d) March and April.
4. How old was Monty Roberts when he won his first riding trophy?
5. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) Pulling cars from ditches.
(b) As cattle guards.
(c) Bomb carriers.
(d) Horse meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
2. Where were the horses on Monty's family's farm sent when they had to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
3. What was the name of the medium brown horse with a white dot between his eyes that Monty met in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. When observing the horses in the wild at age fourteen, Monty saw how a colt who was behaving badly was isolated by what?
5. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)