|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(b) Body language.
2. How many siblings does Monty Roberts have?
3. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
4. What job did Monty's father take to bring in extra money in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Police officer.
(d) Garbage man.
5. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
(a) The Mayor's Chicken Catch.
(b) The Backward Mule Ride.
(c) The Hungry Hog Race.
(d) The Wild Horse Race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one use for horses during World War II?
2. What did Monty's father find Monty's compassionate methods of training horses to be?
3. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
4. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)