|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Monty's father beat him on a weekly basis until he was how old?
2. Where were the horses on Monty's family's farm sent when they had to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) To slaughter.
(b) Ranches in Arizona.
(c) Ranches in Nevada.
(d) The San Diego Zoo.
3. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) The money.
(b) The cruelty.
(c) The speed.
(d) The police.
4. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Around the equinox.
(b) March and April.
(d) Mating season.
5. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
(a) A switch.
(b) An extension cord.
(c) A chain.
(d) A closed fist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. When observing the horses in the wild at age fourteen, Monty saw how a colt who was behaving badly was isolated by what?
3. What kind tutor with a 1940s hairstyle was Monty's babysitter and also his teacher?
4. What kind of grades did Monty receive in school as a child?
5. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)