|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings does Monty Roberts have?
2. When a horse was injured in the race, people wanted it to be shipped off for what purpose in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(b) Medical attention.
3. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Around the equinox.
(b) Mating season.
(c) March and April.
4. What job did Monty's father take to bring in extra money in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(b) Police officer.
(c) Garbage man.
5. When observing the horses in the wild at age fourteen, Monty saw how a colt who was behaving badly was isolated by what?
(a) A sire.
(b) Another colt.
(c) A mare.
(d) A horse trainer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the house in the middle of Salinas that Monty and his family moved to in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
2. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
3. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
4. What did Monty's father find Monty's compassionate methods of training horses to be?
5. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)