|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the horse competition areas of Salinas used for, causing Monty's family to have to move in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) Nuclear test site.
(b) Japanese-American internment camps.
(c) Army barracks.
2. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) As cattle guards.
(b) Horse meat.
(c) Bomb carriers.
(d) Pulling cars from ditches.
3. What did Monty's father find Monty's compassionate methods of training horses to be?
(c) An outrage.
4. What did Monty's father hit his horse with to "break it" in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(d) A whip.
5. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) On movie sets.
(b) In restraurants.
(c) At school.
(d) At church.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
2. What kind of grades did Monty receive in school as a child?
3. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
4. What did Monty's parents claim had injured him when they put him in the hospital in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
5. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)