Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses did Monty's family have to leave their home?
2. How long did Monty spend alone with the wild horses when he was fourteen?
(a) A few days.
(b) Two years.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A year.
3. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) On movie sets.
(b) In restraurants.
(c) At church.
(d) At school.
4. What did Monty never see any of from his film work?
(a) The movies.
(b) His earnings.
(c) The directors.
(d) His co-stars.
5. What did Monty begin calling his method of horse training while in his teens?
(a) "Whispering horses."
(b) "Breaking horses."
(c) "Listening to horses."
(d) "Starting horses."
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
2. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
3. What did Monty's father find Monty's compassionate methods of training horses to be?
4. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. Monty's father beat him on a weekly basis until he was how old?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)