|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, East of Eden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) Eye contact.
(b) Bowing down.
(c) Pacing with head to the ground.
(d) Faint vocalizations.
2. How much did Monty's father ask for rent from Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) A small amount.
(b) A reasonable amount.
(d) A large amount.
3. What did Monty's parents claim had injured him when they put him in the hospital in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A flock of sheep.
(b) An ox.
(c) The barn.
(d) The horses.
4. In what year was Monty Roberts born?
5. What horse did Monty Roberts claim was his all-time favorite in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) Rodney Dangerfield.
(b) Carl Jones.
(c) Johnny Tivio.
(d) Diamond Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Monty spend alone with the wild horses when he was fourteen?
2. Who directed the film "East of Eden"?
3. How old was Monty Roberts when he won his first riding trophy?
4. Monty's father seemed to care little whether his son was treated ethically where in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
5. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)