|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, East of Eden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Monty's father offer to rent to Monty in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) A barn.
(b) A horse.
(c) A truck.
(d) A tractor.
2. Monty's father beat him with what when he was a child?
(a) A chain.
(b) A switch.
(c) An extension cord.
(d) A closed fist.
3. What is the name of Monty's wife?
(a) Pat Smith.
(b) Patricia Elder.
(c) Patty Willis.
(d) Patricia Burden.
4. Monty's family's friend had what position on the set of "East of Eden"?
(a) First AD.
(b) Second NR.
(c) Fifth AB.
(d) Third HC.
5. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) As cattle guards.
(b) Bomb carriers.
(c) Horse meat.
(d) Pulling cars from ditches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Monty with rent money in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
2. Monty's method of training horses was largely based on cultivating what with the animal?
3. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. Who directed the film "East of Eden"?
5. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)