|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, East of Eden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) As cattle guards.
(b) Bomb carriers.
(c) Pulling cars from ditches.
(d) Horse meat.
2. What had actually injured Monty to the point of being hospitalized when he was a child in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
(a) A car.
(b) A train.
(c) His father.
3. Who planned to buy a ranch in Salinas just before his untimely death in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) Burl Ives.
(b) Don Page.
(c) Raymond Massey.
(d) James Dean.
4. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(d) New Mexico.
5. What horse did Monty Roberts claim was his all-time favorite in Chapter 3, East of Eden?
(a) Carl Jones.
(b) Diamond Joe.
(c) Rodney Dangerfield.
(d) Johnny Tivio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Monty when his father brutally beat a black man to death in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
2. What did Monty recoil from when watching the Wild Mustang Race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. Monty discovered what element of communication between the wild horses in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
4. What sign of obedience did Monty observe when a colt was turned away in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
5. What did Monty watch the mustangs do when entering the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)