|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, East of Eden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Monty turn fourteen?
2. When horses have their head high and forward ears, it shows they are interested in something where?
(b) On the ground.
(c) In the sky.
(d) Far away.
3. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) As cattle guards.
(b) Horse meat.
(c) Bomb carriers.
(d) Pulling cars from ditches.
4. When did Monty realize was the best time for observing the wild horses' relaxed social interaction in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) March and April.
(b) Mating season.
(c) Around the equinox.
5. How many children did Monty and his wife have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the audience yell when one of the horses was injured in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
2. How was one of the mustangs injured in the race in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
3. What was the name of the medium brown horse with a white dot between his eyes that Monty met in Chapter 2, Growing Up with Horses?
4. Monty realized in Chapter 3, East of Eden that most of his competitors had nowhere near as much what as he did?
5. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)