Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses
1. Where did Monty Roberts grow up?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Salinas, California.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) Las Vegas, Nevada.
2. What event was part of the Salinas Rodeo during Monty's childhood?
(a) The Hungry Hog Race.
(b) The Mayor's Chicken Catch.
(c) The Backward Mule Ride.
(d) The Wild Horse Race.
3. What was one use for horses during World War II?
(a) Horse meat.
(b) Pulling cars from ditches.
(c) As cattle guards.
(d) Bomb carriers.
4. Where was most of the wild horse population during Monty's childhood?
(a) New Mexico.
5. At what age did Monty first volunteer to gather wild mustangs for the Salinas Rodeo?
6. What did Monty feel once in Nevada in Chapter 1, The Call of the Wild Horses?
(a) He wanted to go home.
(b) He wished he weren't in Nevada.
(c) He wished his father were with him.
(d) He needed more time with the horses.
This section contains 3,863 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)