Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it that offended Ramanujan when he invited some friends to dinner?
2. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan's relationship with his wife?
3. How did Ramanujan see himself socially, according to Kanigel?
4. When do mathematicians believe Ramanujan did his best work?
5. How does Kanigel say Ramanujan saw himself when he was returning to India?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the intersection the British culture of secret society and prestige with Ramanujan's culture of Brahmin prestige and privilege. How much did these cultures clash in Ramanujan's experience? How did they work together?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Ramanujan a product of India? What is it about India that is evident in Ramanujan's character? In what ways is Ramanujan British? In what ways is he not? Is he an international citizen in the universe of math?
Essay Topic 3
How English did Ramanujan become after he went to England? How Indian was he when he returned to India?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)