Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it that offended Ramanujan when he invited some friends to dinner?
2. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan's relationship with his wife?
3. How did Ramanujan see himself socially, according to Kanigel?
4. When do mathematicians believe Ramanujan did his best work?
5. How does Kanigel say Ramanujan saw himself when he was returning to India?
Was Ramanujan different 'as a person' than he was 'as a mathematician'? Did his work in math redeem the discomforts or failures he suffered elsewhere in his life? How does his life balance out--was he a mathematician, or a fully-developed human being, who could adjust to any number of human experiences?
What problems did Ramanujan have because of his schooling, and how did he overcome them? (i.e. what techniques did he use, and how successful was he?)
What did Ramanujan use math for? What problems did he solve with it? Were they abstract mathematical problems, or life problems? How did math solve Ramanujan's life problems? Where did it fail to?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)