Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it that offended Ramanujan when he invited some friends to dinner?
2. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan's relationship with his wife?
3. How did Ramanujan see himself socially, according to Kanigel?
4. When do mathematicians believe Ramanujan did his best work?
5. How does Kanigel say Ramanujan saw himself when he was returning to India?
Having reached a degree of fame, Ramanujan attempted suicide because he could not solve all the problems around him. Why was Ramanujan incapable of handling this inevitable limitation? Where else in his life were his needs far beyond the realm of what was possible?
How English did Ramanujan become after he went to England? How Indian was he when he returned to India?
What problems did Ramanujan have because of his schooling, and how did he overcome them? (i.e. what techniques did he use, and how successful was he?)
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)