|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ramanujan's college's nickname?
2. Where would Ramanujan's technique of solving math problems run into difficulty?
3. What class was Ramanujan raised in?
4. Where was Ramanujan's college located?
5. When was Ramanujan born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ramanujan's experience at Kumbakonam's Government College.
2. How was Ramanujan's first paper received?
3. Describe Ramanujan's wedding ceremony.
4. What happened after Ramanujan left Kumbakonam's Government College?
5. What is Shiva the god of?
6. What happened after Ramanujan left Pachaiyappas College?
7. How did Ramanujan go about looking for work?
8. What was Hardy's experience at Winchester?
9. How did Ramanujan's temperament reveal itself when he was a child?
10. How did marriage change Ramanujan's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the two or three most influential influences in forming Ramanujan's character. What were the two or three most influential conflicts or absences or desires in shaping Ramanujan's character?
Essay Topic 2
What did Ramanujan use math for? What problems did he solve with it? Were they abstract mathematical problems, or life problems? How did math solve Ramanujan's life problems? Where did it fail to?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of Ramanujan's wife in his life and career. How important was it for him to be married? Was he married to someone or something else besides his wife?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)