|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Ramanujan die?
2. Where did Ramanujan move to?
3. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan's relationship with his wife?
(a) Almost non-existent.
4. What did Hardy try to arrange after receiving Ramanujan's letter?
(a) Ramanujan's passage to England.
(b) A teaching position for Ramanujan.
(c) A scholarship for Ramanujan in India.
(d) A meeting with Ramanujan.
5. What practice does Kanigel say Ramanujan had difficulty adjusting to in England?
(a) Afternoon tea.
(b) Speaking English.
(c) Wearing shoes.
(d) English cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kanigel say Ramanujan distrusted in English society?
2. How does Kanigel say Ramanujan saw himself when he was returning to India?
3. What society was Ramanujan elected to?
4. How does Kanigel say Ramanujan passed his time on the ship?
5. What did Ramanujan and Hardy develop for working with partitions?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)