|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kanigel say prevented Ramanujan from getting the care he needed?
(a) His family's poverty.
(b) The fight between his wife and mother.
(c) The Great War.
(d) His distance from the cultural centers.
2. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan as a mathematical thinker?
3. How does Kanigel describe English society from Ramanujan's point-of-view?
4. Who was absent from the dock when Ramanujan's ship came in?
(a) His wife.
(b) His friends.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan when he returned to India?
Short Answer Questions
1. When do mathematicians believe Ramanujan did his best work?
2. What was the doctor's diagnosis of Ramanujan's illness?
3. What practice does Kanigel say Ramanujan had difficulty adjusting to in England?
4. Who learned of Ramanujan's arrival by the newspapers?
5. How does Kanigel describe the trip to England?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)