|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the wife Ramanujan's parents found?
2. Where was Ramanujan's college located?
(a) A small town.
3. Where did Ramanujan publish his first journal article?
(a) An English mathematics journal.
(b) An American mathematics journal.
(c) An Italian mathematics journal.
(d) An Indian mathematics journal.
4. Why did Ramanujan leave school?
(a) He was expelled.
(b) He completed the coursework.
(c) He got sick.
(d) His family could not afford it without the scholarship.
5. Who comprised the Apostles?
(a) Practicing artists.
(b) Religious leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was G. H. Hardy's status in Britain?
2. What did Ramanujan attend at Pachaiyappas College?
3. What did Hardy dislike about his secondary education?
4. Where did graduates from Hardy's secondary school typically go to college?
5. How does Kanigel describe Hardy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems in Ramanujan's thinking came from his use of 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics'?
2. How did Ramanujan's interest change as he grew up?
3. What was the subject of the challenge Ramanujan set and then resolved in his first paper?
4. What practices did Ramanujan follow as a result of his religion?
5. What was the Bloomsbury Group?
6. What happened after Ramanujan left Pachaiyappas College?
7. How did Ramanujan's temperament reveal itself when he was a child?
8. How did Ramanujan go about looking for work?
9. What was Hardy's experience at Trinity College, Cambridge?
10. What led to Ramanujan getting married?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)