|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Ramanujan publish his first journal article?
2. Where did Hardy get his secondary education?
(c) St. Alban's.
3. Who was Komalatammal?
(a) Ramanujan's mother.
(b) Ramanujan's sister.
(c) Ramanujan's aunt.
(d) Ramanujan's teacher.
4. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan's early temperament?
5. How does Kanigel characterize Ramanujan's developing approach to math?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics' composed of?
2. What was the effect of Ramanujan's childhood smallpox?
3. What were Ramanujan's parents getting impatient with?
4. Where did Hardy attend college?
5. How does Kanigel characterize Ramanujan's tutoring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Ramanujan left Kumbakonam's Government College?
2. Describe the difference between English mathematics and Continental mathematics.
3. Who were the Apostles?
4. What was Hardy's experience at Trinity College, Cambridge?
5. How was Ramanujan's health as a child?
6. What work did Ramanujan eventually find?
7. How did Hardy explain the value of math to his family?
8. How did Ramanujan distinguish himself as a math student?
9. How did Ramanujan's temperament reveal itself when he was a child?
10. Describe Ramanujan's experience at Kumbakonam's Government College.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)