|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinguished Ramanujan's class?
(a) The trades.
(c) Hand work.
(d) Learning and religion.
2. When did Ramanujan win a scholarship for his math skills?
(a) After middle school.
(b) After high school.
(c) After college.
(d) During high school.
3. What did Ramanujan practice as part of his religion?
(a) Animal sacrifice.
(b) Community service.
(c) A year as a monk.
4. What does Kanigel say Ramanujan learned from an old book?
(a) Analytic trigonometry.
(b) The theory of relativity.
5. How does Kanigel characterize Ramanujan's developing approach to math?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ramanujan's family's status?
2. Who are the Apostles?
3. When did Ramanujan begin to speak?
4. How does Kanigel say Ramanujan would solve math problems?
5. What did Ramanujan do while he waited for his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was it that Ramanujan would solve math problems without seeing the logic that dictated the development and solutions to problems?
2. What did Hardy do with Ramanujan's letter?
3. Where did Ramanujan go when he reached England?
4. What was Ramanujan's response when Hardy asked him for proofs?
5. What did Ramanujan discover when P. C. Mahalanobis read him a puzzle one evening?
6. What happened after Ramanujan left Kumbakonam's Government College?
7. What was the conflict between Ramanujan's family and his wife?
8. How did Ramanujan's interest change as he grew up?
9. What did Kanigel say Hardy said about Ramanujan?
10. What does 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics' consist of?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)