|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kanigel characterize Ramanujan's first paper?
(d) Exciting but incomplete.
2. How does Kanigel characterize Ramanujan's tutoring?
3. How long after the wedding would it take before Janaki joined Ramanujan?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Seven years.
4. How does Kanigel describe the seriousness of Ramanujan's condition?
(c) Not life-threatening but uncomfortable.
5. How old was the wife Ramanujan's parents found?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics' notable, according to Kanigel?
2. How does Kanigel describe education at Hardy's college?
3. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan's early temperament?
4. What distinguished Ramanujan's class?
5. What did Ramanujan need to do now that he was married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Hardy's experience at Winchester?
2. Who were the Apostles?
3. What does 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics' consist of?
4. What was Ramanujan's condition when he returned to India?
5. What did Ramanujan write to Hardy?
6. What was the subject of the challenge Ramanujan set and then resolved in his first paper?
7. How did marriage change Ramanujan's life?
8. What led to Ramanujan getting married?
9. What problem kept Ramanujan from coming to England, as Hardy hoped he would?
10. What happened after Ramanujan left Kumbakonam's Government College?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)