|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ramanujan's parents find a wife for him?
(a) A nearby village.
(b) Uttar Pradesh.
(c) An orphanage.
2. Which god was Ramanujan's family devoted to?
3. Why did Hardy need to excel on the entrance exams for secondary education?
(a) Testing was the sole criterion for admission.
(b) He would have low status at school if his test scores were low.
(c) His family could not afford the best schools.
(d) Admissions were extremely competitive.
4. What contributed to Ramanujan's status as a potential husband?
(a) He was fat.
(b) He was handsome.
(c) He was wealthy.
(d) He was monomaniacally interested in math.
5. What was Ramanujan's caste?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the significance of Erode in Ramanujan's family?
2. For how long would Ramanujan's condition persist?
3. What does Kanigel say Ramanujan did at age 17?
4. When did Ramanujan publish his first journal article?
5. Who are the Apostles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Ramanujan left Pachaiyappas College?
2. Describe Ramanujan's wedding ceremony.
3. How did Ramanujan's temperament reveal itself when he was a child?
4. What work did Ramanujan eventually find?
5. How did Ramanujan's interest change as he grew up?
6. How did Ramanujan go about looking for work?
7. What happened after Ramanujan left Kumbakonam's Government College?
8. Why did Ramanujan's parents have a hard time finding a wife for him?
9. What gods did Ramanujan's family worship?
10. Describe the importance of 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics' in Ramanujan's life.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)