|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the wife Ramanujan's parents found?
2. What does Kanigel say Ramanujan disliked as a child?
(c) Other children.
(d) His family.
3. What did Ramanujan use as evidence of his credentials in interviews?
(a) His math notebooks.
(b) His letters of reference.
(c) His resume.
(d) Falsified diplomas.
4. Why was Ramanujan late for his wedding?
(a) He ran away and had to be caught.
(b) His train was held up.
(c) He became sick.
(d) His parents had to argue him into getting married.
5. When was Ramanujan born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ramanujan's family's status?
2. Who comprised the Apostles?
3. What did Ramanujan's parents do in response to their impatience?
4. What was the significance of Erode in Ramanujan's family?
5. Which god was Ramanujan's family devoted to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Hardy go from Oxford?
2. How did marriage change Ramanujan's life?
3. What was Ramanujan's relationship with Cambridge after he left for India?
4. How was Ramanujan's health as a child?
5. Describe Ramanujan and Hardy's work on partitions.
6. Describe the decline of Ramanujan's health.
7. Describe Ramanujan's wedding ceremony.
8. What gods did Ramanujan's family worship?
9. Describe the importance of 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics' in Ramanujan's life.
10. What was Ramanujan's interest in pi?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)