|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Ramanujan begin to speak?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
2. What happened to Ramanujan's scholarship?
(a) It was renewed for four years.
(b) It was jeopardized by Ramanujan's poor grades.
(c) It was expanded to his graduate study.
(d) It was withdrawn.
3. What was Ramanujan's college's nickname?
(a) Cambridge of South India.
(b) Harvard of South India.
(c) The Bollytechnicum.
(d) Oxford of South India.
4. What did Ramanujan contract from a mosquito-borne disease?
(a) Partial deafness.
(b) A limp.
(c) Swelling in his scrotum.
5. When was Ramanujan born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hardy attend college?
2. Why did Ramanujan leave school?
3. How does Kanigel characterize Ramanujan's developing approach to math?
4. What was uncommon about Ramanujan's physique?
5. Who comprised the Apostles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Ramanujan left Kumbakonam's Government College?
2. How did marriage change Ramanujan's life?
3. What does 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics' consist of?
4. What was the subject of the challenge Ramanujan set and then resolved in his first paper?
5. How did Ramanujan's interest change as he grew up?
6. What happened after Ramanujan left Pachaiyappas College?
7. Describe Ramanujan's wedding ceremony.
8. How was Ramanujan's first paper received?
9. How did Hardy explain the value of math to his family?
10. What led to Ramanujan getting married?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)