|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ramanujan leave school?
(a) He got sick.
(b) He was expelled.
(c) His family could not afford it without the scholarship.
(d) He completed the coursework.
2. Who comprised the Apostles?
(b) Religious leaders.
(c) Practicing artists.
3. How old was the wife Ramanujan's parents found?
4. What was uncommon about Ramanujan's physique?
(a) He had six fingers on each hand.
(b) He was overweight.
(c) He had a humpback.
(d) He had a limp.
5. What did Ramanujan's parents do in response to their impatience?
(a) Send him to school.
(b) Apprentice him to a designer.
(c) Marry him off.
(d) Buy him a bureaucratic appointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hardy get his secondary education?
2. What did Ramanujan do while he waited for his wife?
3. Why did Hardy need to excel on the entrance exams for secondary education?
4. Which person was NOT in the Bloomsbury Group?
5. What happened to Ramanujan's scholarship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Ramanujan's health as a child?
2. What led to Ramanujan getting married?
3. What was Hardy's experience at Trinity College, Cambridge?
4. What happened after Ramanujan left Pachaiyappas College?
5. What problems in Ramanujan's thinking came from his use of 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics'?
6. What was the subject of the challenge Ramanujan set and then resolved in his first paper?
7. How did Hardy explain the value of math to his family?
8. What work did Ramanujan eventually find?
9. What was Hardy's experience at Winchester?
10. What does 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics' consist of?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)