|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Ramanujan win a scholarship for his math skills?
(a) During high school.
(b) After middle school.
(c) After high school.
(d) After college.
2. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan's relationship with his wife?
(b) Almost non-existent.
3. In his letter to Hardy, what did Ramanujan say he had discovered?
(a) A function for using irrational numbers in multi-variable calculus.
(b) A theory of relativity.
(c) A solution to a problem Hardy proposed.
(d) A mistake in Hardy's theorems.
4. What was the significance of Erode in Ramanujan's family?
(a) Ramanujan's mother's ancestral home.
(b) Where Ramanujan was buried.
(c) Where Ramanujan went to school.
(d) Ramanujan's hometown.
5. How much of Ramanujan's work did Hardy believe was sound and original?
(a) One to two thirds.
(b) Half to three quarters.
(c) Almost all of it.
(d) Five to ten percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hardy try to arrange after receiving Ramanujan's letter?
2. Who comprised the Apostles?
3. What did Hardy describe as his greatest accomplishment?
4. What does Kanigel say people appreciated about Hardy?
5. Who developed an exact solution to the question of partitions?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)