|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Hardy's powers start to wane, according to Kanigel?
(a) Late 1920s.
(b) Late 1930s.
(c) Early 1920s.
(d) Early 1940s.
2. What was Ramanujan like in school?
(a) He was good at all his studies.
(b) He was a poor student.
(c) He liked math and science, but not literature.
(d) He excelled only in math.
3. Where did Hardy attend college?
4. What did Ramanujan and Hardy develop for working with partitions?
(a) A refinement of Euler's suggestion.
(b) A precise method for determining partitions for prime numbers.
(c) The circle method.
(d) Nested square roots.
5. What was the effect of Ramanujan's childhood smallpox?
(b) A limp.
(c) Partial deafness.
(d) Spinal deformity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Ramanujan late for his wedding?
2. When did Hardy have a heart attack?
3. What does Kanigel say Ramanujan disliked as a child?
4. What makes 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics' notable, according to Kanigel?
5. Where was Hardy when he learned of Ramanujan's death?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)