|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinguished Ramanujan's class?
(b) Hand work.
(c) The trades.
(d) Learning and religion.
2. What obstacle stood in the way of Hardy's plan?
(a) Ramanujan's resistance to sea travel.
(b) Ramanujan's inability to get a passport.
(c) Ramanujan's poverty.
(d) Ramanujan's intractability.
3. Where did Ramanujan's parents find a wife for him?
(b) An orphanage.
(c) Uttar Pradesh.
(d) A nearby village.
4. What was the significance of Erode in Ramanujan's family?
(a) Ramanujan's hometown.
(b) Where Ramanujan went to school.
(c) Ramanujan's mother's ancestral home.
(d) Where Ramanujan was buried.
5. When did Hardy's powers start to wane, according to Kanigel?
(a) Early 1920s.
(b) Late 1930s.
(c) Late 1920s.
(d) Early 1940s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was G. H. Hardy?
2. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan's dress?
3. What does Kanigel say prevented Ramanujan from getting the care he needed?
4. Why was Ramanujan late for his wedding?
5. What did Hardy and Neville nominate Ramanujan to become?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)