|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kanigel say characterized Indian intellectuals' experience at Cambridge?
2. What was Ramanujan's religion?
3. Where did Ramanujan move to?
4. For how long would Ramanujan's condition persist?
(a) The rest of his life.
(b) A few months.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few years.
5. Who was Leonard Euler?
(a) Ramanujan's tutor.
(b) A brilliant mathematician to whom Hardy compared Ramanujan.
(c) Hardy's protégé.
(d) A teacher at Cambridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kanigel say was Ramanujan's greatest talent?
2. What makes 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics' notable, according to Kanigel?
3. When did Ramanujan die?
4. Based on his letter, what was Hardy trying to determine about Ramanujan?
5. What did Ramanujan contract from a mosquito-borne disease?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)