|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ramanujan's Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ramanujan's caste?
2. What contributed to Ramanujan's status as a potential husband?
(a) He was monomaniacally interested in math.
(b) He was fat.
(c) He was wealthy.
(d) He was handsome.
3. For how long would Ramanujan's condition persist?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few years.
(c) The rest of his life.
(d) A few months.
4. What does Kanigel say people appreciated about Hardy?
(a) His long lineage.
(b) His irreverent sense of humor.
(c) His wealth and taste.
(d) His youthful beauty.
5. What was Hardy's experience of secondary education like, according to Kanigel?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He loved it.
(c) It transformed him into an upstanding citizen.
(d) He passed through without distinction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kanigel characterize Ramanujan's first paper?
2. Where did Ramanujan eventually find work?
3. In his letter to Hardy, what did Ramanujan say he had discovered?
4. What was proved correct in Ramanujan's work from this time?
5. How did Ramanujan respond to Hardy's request for proofs?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)