|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ramanujan's Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was uncommon about Ramanujan's physique?
(a) He had a limp.
(b) He was overweight.
(c) He had a humpback.
(d) He had six fingers on each hand.
2. Based on his letter, what was Hardy trying to determine about Ramanujan?
(a) Who his teachers had been.
(b) How he had devised his theories.
(c) Where he was from.
(d) Whether he was a crank.
3. Who was Komalatammal?
(a) Ramanujan's sister.
(b) Ramanujan's mother.
(c) Ramanujan's aunt.
(d) Ramanujan's teacher.
4. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan as a potential husband?
5. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan's youth?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kanigel characterize Ramanujan's first paper?
2. Where did Hardy get his secondary education?
3. What did Ramanujan's parents do in response to their impatience?
4. What did Ramanujan contract from a mosquito-borne disease?
5. What makes 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics' notable, according to Kanigel?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)