|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hardy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the wife Ramanujan's parents found?
2. Where was Ramanujan's college located?
(c) A small town.
3. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan as a potential husband?
4. What was Hardy's experience of secondary education like, according to Kanigel?
(a) He hated it.
(b) It transformed him into an upstanding citizen.
(c) He passed through without distinction.
(d) He loved it.
5. What did parents see when they looked at Ramanujan as a prospective husband?
(a) A criminal.
(b) An unemployed man.
(c) A well-connected man.
(d) A genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ramanujan practice as part of his religion?
2. Who are the Apostles?
3. How does Kanigel describe the skills Ramanujan got from 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics'?
4. What was G. H. Hardy's status in Britain?
5. How does Kanigel say Hardy saw himself, first and foremost?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)