|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hardy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had the author of 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics' taught?
2. Where did graduates from Hardy's secondary school typically go to college?
(b) New College.
(d) University College.
3. What does Kanigel say about Ramanujan's marriage?
(a) It was seen as fortuitous.
(b) There were omens of disaster.
(c) It had all the ingredients for a lovely match.
(d) Both parties resisted it.
4. What was uncommon about Ramanujan's physique?
(a) He was overweight.
(b) He had a limp.
(c) He had a humpback.
(d) He had six fingers on each hand.
5. Which god was Ramanujan's family devoted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Namagiri?
2. Where did Hardy get his secondary education?
3. Who was N. Ramanujachariar?
4. What does Kanigel say Ramanujan disliked as a child?
5. Where did Ramanujan's parents find a wife for him?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)