|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hardy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ramanujan's college's nickname?
(a) Oxford of South India.
(b) The Bollytechnicum.
(c) Cambridge of South India.
(d) Harvard of South India.
2. When did Ramanujan publish his first journal article?
3. What does Kanigel say Ramanujan did at age 17?
(a) Ran away from home.
(b) Graduated college.
(c) Got married.
(d) Graduated high school.
4. What does Kanigel say Ramanujan learned from an old book?
(b) Analytic trigonometry.
(c) The theory of relativity.
5. Where did Ramanujan go when he was 17?
(d) Uttar Pradesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hardy's experience of secondary education like, according to Kanigel?
2. How does Kanigel describe life in Ramanujan's hometown?
3. Who was G. H. Hardy?
4. What was G. H. Hardy's status in Britain?
5. What did Ramanujan practice as part of his religion?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)