|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hardy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Ramanujan late for his wedding?
(a) His train was held up.
(b) He became sick.
(c) His parents had to argue him into getting married.
(d) He ran away and had to be caught.
2. What is the British term for what Americans call private high schools?
(a) Finishing school.
(b) Private school.
(c) Technical school.
(d) Public school.
3. How does Kanigel characterize Ramanujan's first paper?
(a) Exciting but incomplete.
4. How does Kanigel say Ramanujan would solve math problems?
(a) By solving one part at a time.
(b) By adding numbers to formulas.
(c) He would intuit the solution.
(d) By turning values into variables.
5. Where had the author of 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics' taught?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Ramanujan's college located?
2. What did Ramanujan need to do now that he was married?
3. What did Ramanujan do while he waited for his wife?
4. What does Kanigel say about Ramanujan's marriage?
5. Who are the Apostles?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)